Procedure For Filing Complain With Cyber Cell

Saurabh213

Disciple
i was recently cheated by a buyer on ebay..who bought my item but didn't pay for it even after receiving.
after talking to him several times i definitely made out that he is greedy is not going to pay .
although being a 1st timer i am completely unaware of the procedure For Filing Complain With Cyber Cell
pls shed some light on it..

How did he 'bought' if he 'didn't pay' ? If you have an invoice from ebay then you have proof that you 'sold' it to him. If not, you won't make a good case. Without an invoice, it's like I sent an item to my aunt and I want it back now. Cyber Cell is just going to ask me to contact the aunt and ask her to return my item. Aunt in your case is a greedy guy so he probably won't return it.

Last edited:
File a claim with ebay first?
already filed..ebay is of no help :(

How did he 'bought' if he 'didn't pay' ? If you have an invoice from ebay then you have proof that you 'sold' it to him. If not, you won't make a good case. Without an invoice, it's like I sent an item to my aunt and I want it back now. Cyber Cell is just going to ask me to contact the aunt and ask her to return my item. Aunt in your case is a greedy guy so he probably won't return it.
it was due to there faulty mobile app..they sent me a mail saying your ebay item is sold with the address os the buyer in it and in the last line in small fonts it was written "when the buyer pays"

already filed..ebay is of no help :(

it was due to there faulty mobile app..they sent me a mail saying your ebay item is sold with the address os the buyer in it and in the last line in small fonts it was written "when the buyer pays"
Well you can try cause its your money. But the only thing you can take from this according to me is a lesson to be more careful when you're selling online. And believe me it is very useful in the long run. I lost about 500$ on PayPal. Struggled to get my money back. Couldn't. But never lost any more money after that.

OP, it's not really your fault, but its not buyer's fault either. What he is doing is probably immoral, but not illegal. So you won't stand a case afaik.

you should try your case against ebay, as they seem to be fault here. Not a weak target like buyer.

I remember. It was a blackberry phone. Right?
Anyways, yes, do talk to ebay CC one last time and tell them that you will file a case in Cyber Cell although I don't see that it will help you. But you have got to try it. I was stuck in same case but the buyer paid me.

If you have the email stating that the item is sold forward that to eBay and ask for an explanation. Inform them that you will file a complaint using that email as proof.

Also can you post the contents of that email so that we can have a look and help you out.

If you have the email stating that the item is sold forward that to eBay and ask for an explanation. Inform them that you will file a complaint using that email as proof.

Also can you post the contents of that email so that we can have a look and help you out.
i have that email..but it has written "your ebay item is sold,ship the item at the address provided below": (then the add) and then in small font "when the buyer pays"..
this itself prove it's not ebay's fault..

'...in small font....' - its as if ebay is biased against a seller! why should they write such a crucial thing in a tiny font?!

'...in small font....' - its as if ebay is biased against a seller! why should they write such a crucial thing in a tiny font?!
eBay IS biased against a seller.A buyer is like a batsman. In disputes that can't be solved, eBay always gives the benefit of doubt to the buyer and sides with him.

yes, i think i had read sellers accusing ebay of such a bias on their forum long back; but here, it was as if ebay proactively wanted a dispute to arise & put the seller in trouble. kickin' up dust, mischievously!

Ebay is not for small sellers. Thousands of frauds are browsing ebay and looking for inexperienced and new sellers. You can only earn a profit on ebay if you're a regular seller. Even power sellers lose a lot of money to fraudulent buyers but their profits are huge so the net income is positive.

probably. the only thing i ever got sold on ebay was to a fellow FM and who lives nearby, in a pre-finalised deal. :D
rest of my listed items couldn't garner attention, for good or bad, except for attracting a spammer/scammer once, on behalf of whom ebay had sent a message similar to what the OP got to me as well!

Ebay is not for small sellers. Thousands of frauds are browsing ebay and looking for inexperienced and new sellers. You can only earn a profit on ebay if you're a regular seller. Even power sellers lose a lot of money to fraudulent buyers but their profits are huge so the net income is positive.
this is very true.

Back