PS2 Fans Cheer up ! PS2 Will Not Die !

bluffmaster said:
Well then u really dont know much about gaming , do u ?You say that iam the first one to say that VC & SA are better on ps2 ?Do u even know something like a gaming site ? have u ever even been to a gaming site before ? Looks to me that u r a huge pc fan boy ,dude iam having every version of GTA on both the pc as well as ps2 and i am saying it definately played better on a ps2 :eek:hyeah: ! The advantege of playing GTA on a pc is only slightly better graphics and nothing more ! Plus installing the game on a pc is sooooooooo tedious , first of all SA contains 6 cds then u have to install them one by one , it takes more than 4 gbs and ages to install and finally run , hey but on a ps2 all u have got to do is just plug and play on a great 42' inch home theatre system !:bleh:

Well i must tell u that farcry is a total different game with a total different settings and environment.It looks beautiful no doubt but u cant say that RE4 is'nt comparable. RE4 has totally different settings and looks awesome and very realistic on an aging console !

Have u ever heard of GOD OF WAR ?

You are right a PC sucks in gaming.

Too many headaches.
Like:
1) Upgrading every 2 years.
2) Cooling.
3) Over Clocking.
4) Compatibility Issues.
5) Crashes.
6) HDD Space Problem.
7) Graphics Card.

Crap, Crappy, Crappier, Crappiest.

Yeah and installing the whole game is the biggest headache since todays games usually comes in 4-6cds , installing them one by one is a real pain in the ass !

saumilsingh said:
Of all the GTAs, only GTA3 didn't play best on PC due to the huge memory leak it had. The rest are far superior games on a PC, unless ofcourse you like auto-aim and castrated view distances.

You're not proving me wrong, you're not proving anyone here wrong, you're going against those professionals who probably graduated in these fields and make money from it, you're going against IGN and Gamespot, both favour Ps2 version to be the best, now what are the odds of that? Why would they choose the most inferior versions?

You are the first one to say VC & SA played better on a PS2, but then RE4 looks better than Farcry to you.

And i will say it again (well, almost :D). I realised why the screenshots didn't look good when we compared it last time, that was because of those were from a lower reso ps2 plays them at (640x480) Heck, i didn't know what to say when i was playing it on TV and the screenshot was on the monitor - The difference was TREMONDOUS! I thought of getting back at you right then but i knew it would be of no use.

Do this - Ask a friend to bring over his ps2 to your home, play FarCry on 1024 on your monitor with a TV with Re4 on it right next, you'll realise the difference isn't as much as you make out to be. Don't judge the capabilites from watered down jpegs, play the real thing then get back to me.

There's a reason why its winning awards everywhere. Even The People favour it over one of the best PC got to offer, FEAR, and i doubt if Re4 looks better than that now does it?

Again-

You are the first one to say VC & SA played better on a PS2, but then RE4 looks better than Farcry to you.

Funny, Gamespot, Ign and all other reviewers were first. in any case, how does Better Looking=Better Game?!

Sorry sir, that's your ****ed up logic, only stubborn PC addicts who know they've lost the war say that.

Farcry on 40000x800000 reso 10xAa 20xAf may look 100000x better than Re4 on ps2, but when it comes to gameplay, Farcry isn't even in its league.

And you know what? nearly 70% of a good game constitues the gameplay, the rest go to Graphics, unlockable, time value etc. Its the reason why people go back and play Nes, Pong, bomberman even now, is because of gameplay my foolish friend. And i think this was pretty understood with every average gamer? but with you Farcry > Re4 graphics so Farcry > Re4 as an overall game? this is getting old, really.

Now you think PC version is better because it looks better? I'll agree, i played it on PC and i can say its nearly 2 times more detailed than on the ps2 even on my godly GF Mx4000 at 800x600. But like the reviews have said, other misc tech probs have made it the worst PLAYABLE (gameplay agin) port, can be said it was rushed. Manual aim would've mattered if it was a shooter like Re4 or Farcry but it isn't a factor to die for in the PC, one simply diesn't care because you've got other things to do.

Edit- 1up.com, the upcoming reviewers going out there to take its thrown besides ign, Gamespot (nominated for best game reviewers on VGA awards) favour PS2 heavily over PC...You may not suffer from tech probs, but the general public don't have a tip-top PC with a 6600Gt.

bluffmaster said:
Plus installing the game on a pc is sooooooooo tedious , first of all SA contains 6 cds then u have to install them one by one , it takes more than 4 gbs and ages to install and finally run , hey but on a ps2 all u have got to do is just plug and play on a great 42' inch home theatre system !:bleh:
Get a DVD drive already. And who said you can't plug a 42" to a PC?

saumilsingh said:
Get a DVD drive already. And who said you can't plug a 42" to a PC?

Oh great if i buy a DVD drive the game wont take more than 4 gb on my hard disk, thanx man i did'nt know that :p Dude not many in India have the luxuary to hook a 42 inch monitor just to play games on a pc !:hap5:

Alright for a decent gaming pc we need :

a decent graphic card :rs 10000
tons of ram :rs 5000
tons of hard disk :rs 5000
dvd drive :rs 2000
total : rs 22000
A Brand new playstation 2 : rs 7000

so make ur choice guys with which one will u go ?

Dude except it , PS2 gaming is tons better than PC gaming !:tongue:

GTA games are really stupid and irritating and i dont see what fun people get playing the same game all over again every time they release a new retarded GTA game. They are not fun for more than 30 minutes.

Played all 3 , finished the first one , and too irritated to complete the rest two.

I dont see any difference in their gameplay.

Well then u r an idiot ! GTA series is the best selling console as well as pc game, all that game has is fun fun fun and more fun , if u get bored after playing it for more than 70 hours { I did and i got bored } than i can understand but if u get bored after 30 minutes , then dude no one can help u , ur life is miserable and it will remain that way !I feel sorry for u !

What is with the personal attacks ? cant you respect other people's opinions ? i am not disparaging the game without playing it. It's against the rules of TE if you have bothered to read them, "peronal attacks are not allowed "

I just feel it's a worthless franchise of games, and highly monotonous and irritating. I finished the first game if you read it properly.

Sorry dude if i by any means i offended u, hey but u gotta give the game some respect ok , dont talk like a jerk , if u dont like the game make a new thread about it , but please dont come to my thread and ruin it and by the way this thread is not about GTA its about the PS2 , got it ?

@Bluffmaster ---- No need to make personal attacks dude. If he doesnt like the ggame, so be it. Not everyone can think like you. Accept the fact that different people have different opinions.

Dont make personal attacks. Amol was just expressing his views on GTA SA. And dont take the attacks on th games so seriously dude!!! It is not like you CREATED the games....

Last edited by a moderator:
They are kids Amol. You've to ignore the token diss in each line.

bluffmaster said:
if u get bored after 30 minutes , then dude no one can help u , ur life is miserable and it will remain that way !I feel sorry for u !
Gold. Suddenly everything makes sense...

saumilsingh said:
They are kids Amol. You've to ignore the token diss in each line.

Kids ?
Looks like nikhil is 19 and saumiel singh is 23 , wow they are so............old:S

Anyways i already apologized for being a bit rude !and guys this is not a GTA debate This thread is meant for PS2 and its fans , so if u guys wanna do some game flaming plz make a seprate thread but lz dont ruin my thread !:no:

@Bluffmaster ---- I am not trying to ruin your thread but you were the one who started ruining it foirst by making personal attacks on people.....

Anyway, let us get back to the more important topic (and interesting) of PC vs PS2

Last edited by a moderator:
bluffmaster said:
Kids ?
Looks like nikhil is 19 and saumiel singh is 23 , wow they are so............old:S

Anyways i already apologized for being a bit rude !and guys this is not a GTA debate This thread is meant for PS2 and its fans , so if u guys wanna do some game flaming plz make a seprate thread but lz dont ruin my thread !:no:
If you make a thread be ready to accept brickbats and bouquets. As far as there civil debate going on, the trolling and name calling can be left at the door step. Another thing you are assuming is that none of us have owned a ps2.

@saumil and bluffmaster: Please stop attacking each other and focus on the topic rather.

Ontopic: A brand new ps2 is still 8-9k not 7k. Another thing is it took almost 5-6 years for the ps2 to achieve this price. Until then it was around 15k and around 22k or so when it debuted or atleast when i first saw it. Besides due to limited cpu and gpu capability gameplay is being hampered. for e.g. No real physics, no real time shadowing, most of the gameplay is scripted. With the next gen consoles most of these issues will be solved but still the PC gaming market will expand and continue to grow until a suitable or better alternative to it is developed. And don't forget the fact that without the PCs you wouldn't have console gaming in the first place.

Dude we are talking of gaming in india , not america ! You tell me in india how many of us have that dream rig ? a geforce 7800 ? 2 gbs of ram ?Tons of harddisk ?Not everybody is lucky to have that kinda luxuary which will easily cost more than rs 60000 !

Just think about it whether an intelligent gamer would spend more than rs 60000 to play good games or would he rather buy a PS2 for 8 k ?

You are saying that gameplay on a PS2 is being hampered , then let me tell u my friend gameplay is PS2 biggest strength ! Sure it can't compete with a PC in graphics department but gameplay of PS2 is far better then that of a PC.
Well i agree FPS games play good only on a pc but then what about other games ? Can u even think of playing games like devil may cry 3 , god of war , smackdown series , tekken etc on a pc ?

PS2 biggest strength is its LIFE!! Its already 6 years old and it will still go strong for another 2 years whereas a PC gets outdated in months , { 5 months back u got urself a geforce 6800 ultra and u were cherishing it but now u r banging ur head aginst a wall coz 7800 is here ! }

Thats how it is dude , when ps3 will come out i would still buy it for 25 k instead of buying a gaming PC coz i know that my ps3 will be here atleast for another 6 years !

Back