PS3 debuts in India for arnd 40k

sandy453

Adept
Saw the ad in times of india today .Its debuted in india for arnd 40,000 and titles for 2,799 .Available at sony showrooms across india.
Really insane price .you can buy two XB0X 360 for a slightly higher price.

Atleast the games price is reasonable...compared to 360's software original price!!!

40k is too much but if there's some kinda EMI scheme then.....m game...will chk out SonyMony in Borivali today.....

sandy453 said:
Saw the ad in times of india today .Its debuted in india for arnd 40,000 and titles for 2,799 .Available at sony showrooms across india.
Really insane price .you can buy two XB0X 360 for a slightly higher price.

Hey thats 60 GB version.. But the cost of Gaming title is really insane :p The ad was awesome.. Btw read the article Sonny has only shipped 1200 units for initial sale :rofl:

lol...
i think history might repeat itself.
When PS2 was > $200 in US, Sony India was selling it at Rs. 16000 and even after the prices in US dropped to < $150 Sony India kept selling it at Rs. 16000 (modded PS2 were available in Palika for Rs. 9000 then...)

Now, Sony India will sell PS3 at Rs. 40000 for a long long time....
really good marketing strategy by Sony rofl.........

Dark Star said:
Hey thats 60 GB version.. But the cost of Gaming title is really insane :p The ad was awesome.. Btw read the article Sonny has only shipped 1200 units for initial sale :rofl:

The titles are aptly priced...cos 360 titles are in the same range......Also some titles are BD titles....game titles are bearable...but the console pricing is insane....

that plus another half a lac for a lcd hdtv.... gaming's really cheap in india i must say,,, and sony is doing everything to help the cause....

Well dont really compare this to the PS2 launch, because back then Sony had no competition. Now with MS on their heels... I'm sure you will be able to find it cheaper officially after some time.

And I dont think 1200 units is bad for a 40k console. I would like to know what the X360 numbers were on launch day. That would be an interesting comparison.

LOL 40K is ultra lame. If sony believes indians will suck up to that price, it has grossly mistaken. On the other hand the bigger news probably is that the PSP is down to 9995 MRP officially with warranty. Its making my hands seriously itch for one :p.

if you downgrade OR install an OE firmware....warranty will be void!!!

Anyways I think PS3 will get cheaper in Gray market now...buy from there....original software from Planet M or any other trusted vendor....wat say???

Sony needs to drop the price real quick, to atleast Rs.30-35000. They need to realize India can also bring up a sales, and if priced right, could really boost PS3's Worldwide numbers.

Their titles price and PSP is just fine though, at least Sony went right there for once! Rs.2799 titles, which sell for 60$ in the US, isn't bad, and in the same league as X360's.

But ads?! That's awesome! Now they should move from Newspapers to TV. Maybe if some still end up buying those 40k units, Sony will see the market and drop the price for dedicated sales.

Sorry for the low quality pics,it's the best I can do for now..taken through my bro's phone.No time for me to take more pics..Now my naked marathon starts at 12.00am..don't mistake me for the missing link.

Bought this since my parents didn't allow me to buy from grey market since they insisted on warranty,including the dealer who I used to buy stuff told me to buy the official version.Well,need to update my psp..,need to get beverages..expecting a lot of ppl to arrive at midnight and later to check it out(20 to be exact).Man!! I wan't a midnight resident evil party..

Params-I'll be waiting for you at motorstorm,you'll eventually get run over by me sooner or later.

As for freebies of wht I got,a bag,a t-shirt and a brand loyalty card for being the first one in bangalore to buy a ps3(officially)..wtf!! Now I need to register my ps3 to get a free blu-ray movie.

At 12:00 am,naked marathon shall begin(giving an all new meaning to the term naked snake :p ). WOOHOO!!!

EDIT: Also forgot need to change my siggy to ps360

Attachments

• Image007.jpg
    Image007.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Image008.jpg
    Image008.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 112
Back