PS3 debuts in India for arnd 40k

Params7 said:
Did you buy any game for it yet Monkey? What's that Open Season thing?
And why haven't you opened the box yet?!

Bought 2 games ridger racer 7,motorstorm..will be getting resistance tomorrow.The open season thing is the free blu-ray movie i.e. you have to register your ps3 by calling the toll free number and they'll send you the movie,will be doing tht tomorrow.

As for why the box is not opened,ehehe..it's like this..if I open the box now,I'm gonna get a long stick shoved up my arse,courtesy of my bro.He wants me to open it once everyone arrives.

Bought 2 games ridger racer 7,motorstorm..will be getting resistance tomorrow.The open season thing is the free blu-ray movie i.e. you have to register your ps3 by calling the toll free number and they'll send you the movie,will be doing tht tomorrow.

Woah!! That didn't make it to the news! USA got Tallageda Nights, Europe Aussie got Casion Royale, India gets Open Season! Well at least they are giving something free away with it.

And how much did you buy Motorstorm and RR7 for? 2799?

As for why the box is not opened,ehehe..it's like this..if I open the box now,I'm gonna get a long stick shoved up my arse,courtesy of my bro.He wants me to open it once everyone arrives.

Yeah I understand. I'd do that to my little bro if he managed to smuggle in a PS3 under my nose.

Good news!

PlayStation 3 India launch takes off

With PS3 comes a wide array of game software titles from every genre. PS3 Games in India are priced at Rs 2,799/ per game, these PS3 titles are available from game publishers including Sony Computer Entertainment, Electronic Arts, Namco Bandai and Sony Online Entertainment and will be distributed by Milestone Interactive Software Limited.

That is so awesome!! One + point over X360. Xbox Live still doesn't work for India and PS3 launches online ready :)

Also :
Sony might be banking on its huge PS2 user base in India to upgrade to the PS3. PS2 presently costs around Rs.8,000/- in India and the price is expected to go further down with the launch of the PS3.

Good good.

Allright,about 15 guys have arrived..5 more are on their way,can't wait..MUST..OPEN..BOXXX!!!

@Params-yeah,I did buy the games at rs.2799 each.

I forgot to mention one thing..hope I don't get beaten or something even worse.I didn't think it was important but the dealer who I usually buy stuff was desperate to sell the Wii for 10k to me even though I was not interested :) .Now before everyone butchers me for the guy's number,I doubt he has it anymore since it was the only piece and I gave him my cousin's number since he was desperate in getting the wii :p .

Now can somebody tell me on how to stop a pole from being shoved up one's arse without the use of superglue or a bottle cork??

You Could have atleast informed us :( .........BoooHoooHoo......

eheheh just kiddin............

Congrats on your purchase and Game Well ;)

Oh Do post some pictures of Motostorn and Ridge Racer in action on the TV :D

belive me guys there many who can spend 40000 for the ps3..........though it is high price...........in my college of 500 students there ar 3 members who already preordered it...........my town population is just 5 lac..........they can easily sell all the 1200 units they shipped.......................and playstation brand is much popular than the xbox and many have it.....................i firmly belive it is gonna sell more than xbox360 in india

Me back!

After a monstrous day of pounding vehicles,drifting and some more pounding vehicles while drifting..all I can say is..Damn!! I should have bought the PS3 earlier.

Sleek interface,more silent than x360 and I love the almost touch screen kinda ability in switching on your system and ejecting the cd.Feels like your touching air when you're pressing the button(wouldn't call it a button,since it's not shaped like one and in a broader sense,it doesn't have any buttons).The thing I didn't like is tht it gathers dust in a matter of seconds..Hell! even my dog's hair was on it just after removing it from the box.I gotta constantly wipe it to retain tht shinyness.

Well,as for games...read these words carefully,YOU MUST TRY MOTORSTORM!! OMFG!!! OMG!!! @##%@# AWESOME!!!.Ridge racer was cool too,fit for drift maniacs like my bro.

Tried out the motion sensing controls,it was hilariously fun,My bro was steering an 18-wheeler truck with tht.Now I must try out the online features..hope there won't be too much lag with my 256kbps connexion.

CONGO BUDDY.......M feelin jealous.......Try out RFOM - the hottest selling PS3 game allover world...cant wait to get my hands on that beast....hey boss I want my salary in advance....plzzzzzzzz..........Post some screenshots while playin.......also where did u hooked the machine normal CRT or LCD??? if CRT then how were the games looking....it wasnt pixelated na......

So I gather Sony have finally got some buyers. Apart from people with too much money to spare, I don't see anyone sensible enough to go about buying a gaming console for 40k.

Invest that into a PC and you'll end up with a slightly better config than the PS3.

dude a gfx card along wich is = to the power of the ps3's will cost u around 40k...

yeah sure u can invest in a new pc.. but u cant play the same awesome games wich come out for consoles

broar94 said:
@madmoney , some photos of your puppy with your TV please :D .

congrats!

Lol dude,sure..I'll 'try' to put the pics today since I have the console snaps but didn't take snaps of the TV,kinda busy at the moment now.

@XXX-Yeah,I played the ps3 on a normal TV since the lcd was in my parents room,and it didn't look pixelated to me.

TechHead said:
^Ya, but what if you get a 2.81?
They're not gonna allow you to get a 2.71.. :D

I think 2.81 can be downgraded now. Whether its a TA-82 mobo or not. @xXx: This is india... do u think they'd even check what firmware you have :rofl:.

satanofgamers said:
dude a gfx card along wich is = to the power of the ps3's will cost u around 40k...

actually it will cost much less then that...ps3 graphic chip is no way near Dx10 cards. Plus there are a lot of other things 1 can do wid the PC then a console if talking in terms of value fr money.

yeah sure u can invest in a new pc.. but u cant play the same awesome games wich come out for consoles

U won't miss any, all the major titles are there fr the pc as well and usually released first on it.

This is india... do u think they'd even check what firmware you have

Most don't even understand what d term "firmware" means

You'll get a rig that will play crysis and hell gate london at high settingfs for 40k. Plus no matter what the companies tell you, the PS3/xbox360 offer you nothing compared to the PC. Sure plugging in the ipod and listening to music is cool but the PC could do this since 10 years now.

Consoles are for casual gamers. The kind who get bored after 2 hours of gameplay. Thats why most of the games present on consoles are dumbed down, button mashing types.

Look at GoW for example, its got incredible, incredible graphics but its got the console trademark all over it. The hideous joystick aiming reticule, the linear missions, the fact that you cant fall off cliffs... all serve to make a good game less interesting.

Compare GoW's gameplay to a 3-4 year old game like HL-2 and you'll see what I mean. The physics puzzles and stuff even in hl-2 is FAR beyond what the xbox 360 can provide with GoW.

Back