PS3 debuts in India for arnd 40k

Playing racing games online is always lag-free. Only if your pings are above 500ms, will you even notice any difference during collisions and such.
And if a special effort has been made to develop the netcode, then they are near close to a LAN-like experience even with 300ms.

It's the FPS's that require some really low pings.

Gamespot is hosting a Motorstorm tourny with upto $1000 in prizes

GameSpot staging first PS3 tournament - PlayStation 3 News at GameSpot

Today, GameSpot announced its first PlayStation 3 tournament, centered around Sony Worldwide Studios president's Phil Harrison's favorite game--Motorstorm. Registration for the creatively named MotorStorm Tournament Challenge began today, and will continue through 12 p.m. PDT on Monday, May 7.

One hour after registration closes, the first round of the MotorStorm Tournament Challenge will begin, with seven more throughout the day. In each round, 10 players will compete on five different tracks. Only the five fastest players from each race will advance to the next round.

After subsequent rounds thin the herd, the final four top-ranked players of the tournament will be flown to San Francisco for the finals on May 18th at 4 p.m. PDT. The final round will be broadcast on Tournament TV, and the winner will be rewarded with the grand prize package, worth some $1,000.

Instructions on how to register and select opponents and matches can be found on GameSpot's official MotorStorm Tournament Challenge Web site.

GameSpot Tournament - MotorStorm(TM) Tournament Challenge (MotorStorm)

Tune in on Friday, May 18, at 4 p.m. PT to watch the action-packed MotorStormâ„¢ Tournament Challenge race finale on GameSpot Tournament TV. The top 10 players will go head-to-head in this superintense, no-holds-barred MotorStormâ„¢ competition. Who will finish first and race away with $1,000 in prizes?

Think you stand any chance Monkey? :p

(It doesn't matter anyways, it US only :p)

Damn!

But even if they did make a competition for PAL territories..I don't think I have a chance,since you should see the ranks of the ppl whom I played online..it was ranging from Pro to God.

My friend bought the PS3, we went over to PSN account signup - and there India is now an accepted country.

PSN has been launched here :)

@Madmonkey - He gets motorstorm on Monday, I'll pass you his ID then and then we can make each other eat dirt ;)

montylee said:
i hate u ppl... (when the hell will i get my PS3???)

As soon as u rob the nearest bank!! :p Hehe..
Btw, that is great news Params! So PSM has been launched finally in India!! :hap2:

Params7 said:
My friend bought the PS3, we went over to PSN account signup - and there India is now an accepted country.

PSN has been launched here :)
@Madmonkey - He gets motorstorm on Monday, I'll pass you his ID then and then we can make each other eat dirt ;)

Whoa! they released it so fast..Btw is the indian PS store already available since they did say tht they would release it before this year end.As for monday racing..let's hope I have net connexion since hathway decided to do some maintenance on wednesday and I got my net today..the best part is tht they give me a new ip address,dns server address..blah..blah and I got some kinda virus when I entered the new address :mad: ..and the net comes and goes.Hoping this would be fixed by tomorrow..

Got my PS3. What's your PSN id monkey? And Harshal you online yet?

Anyways, I got Resistence along with it. Its the first FPS I've tried after Half Life on the PC and Black on PS2 - For some reason this FPS didn't give me dizzyness like the other two FPS's gave me. Its a brilliant game though. And the PS3..its like a rolls royce, its pure luxury, the 360 actually felt really, really cheap lying besides that sleek black system :p

What actually surprised me, is the online. I played online Capture the Flag team battle with 8 vs 8 - Total 16 players - and absolutely NO LAG whatsoever! I kept wondering how is this possible, the game connecting to the Japanese servers and on my airtel 256kbps. They are going to roll out the global servers for resistance by next month. I've been playing online more than the game itself, its real fun.

And the PS Store is not supported in India yet, you can make your accounts here and register for a free blu-ray movie (Open Season), but the store hasn't come yet, so we'll be missing on all the damn demos -_-

Congrats dude! Now u'll be the envy of all TE members as u got both damn consoles.

From where did u got it? and how much did it cost?

I am sure u'll be playing online more than the games itself. Same thing happened to me when i upgraded my PC.

Looking forward to PS3 review and PS3 v/s XBOX 360 articles by u!!!

Params7 said:
Got my PS3. What's your PSN id monkey? And Harshal you online yet?
Anyways, I got Resistence along with it. Its the first FPS I've tried after Half Life on the PC and Black on PS2 - For some reason this FPS didn't give me dizzyness like the other two FPS's gave me. Its a brilliant game though. And the PS3..its like a rolls royce, its pure luxury, the 360 actually felt really, really cheap lying besides that sleek black system :p

What actually surprised me, is the online. I played online Capture the Flag team battle with 8 vs 8 - Total 16 players - and absolutely NO LAG whatsoever! I kept wondering how is this possible, the game connecting to the Japanese servers and on my airtel 256kbps. They are going to roll out the global servers for resistance by next month. I've been playing online more than the game itself, its real fun.

And the PS Store is not supported in India yet, you can make your accounts here and register for a free blu-ray movie (Open Season), but the store hasn't come yet, so we'll be missing on all the damn demos -_-

Where did you get it man....from Sony World with bill and warranty or from the grey market? Is it safe to purchase from outside sellers, because you'll have nowhere to go if your console goes kaput..but the 10k difference between the showroom piece and the grey market piece is kind of inviting..

Congrats on your purchase btw :)

^^Alpha gave me a price of 27k :eek:hyeah:

Exactly how long do you want us to hold or Horses :huh:

@param: U got a grey mrkt ASIA NTSC 27k piece or the 39k PAL version ?????????

I bought it from grey, it cost me 26k. Not in India for long now (maximum some 4-5 months here only), so not much point in getting the with warranty one, I'll be selling it on TE most probably before leaving.

In any case, the systems great. Ran Folding@Home last night, being playing it all day today, running quite and great (it'll turn on its superfans, makes a lot of noise like a heater but only if it gets heated up badly, which it got when my granny covered the PS3 while it was running F@Home with cloth) This thing only needs to run in the open.

And also, its NTSC/J (but won't make a difference as PS3 games are region free, as well as it shares its Bluray Movies region with the United States)

So for those wanting to go for the grey one, go for it. PS3 is a finely built machine, as was the PS2, which I also bought from grey and runs like genius till this day in its 4rth year. in the unlikely chance it does crap up, SOny World will fix it for a fee if the dealer you bought it from won't in the first place.

I'll be getting the games off Ebay, getting deals around Rs.2500 a game. And I'll highly suggest you guys to never modchip your PS3 even if a mod does come out, playing online is too great a price to pay for it.

26k for the 60 GB version? Which store did you get it from? I got quoted 30k for it here in Chennai! :(

Is the PAL version available in the grey market or do you get only NTSC ones?

In grey, it will always be NTSC/J. They get their stuff from Hong Kong on reduced shipping.

In Delhi, I got it from a G.K-1 M-block market store. Should be the same price in Palika.

Back