PS3 debuts in India for arnd 40k

Params7 said:
I stopped reading there, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Is that so? I've been playing games for quiet a while now and I don't need some 15 year old to come and talk bullshit.

Core 2 Duo (E4300) + Motherboard combo - $140 - "+getMessage("iPrintVerKit")+"

eVGA 7900 GS - As low as $130
Case - $40
Power Supply- $50
A DVD burner - $25
120 GB HD - $45
Wintec 2x512 PC 5300 - $62
Mouse + Keyboard - $20

Total price = 512 dollars (approx 21k All US prices.). Add in an extra 100 and you can buy yourself some other stuff as well as get the whole thing shipped to India.

Now your next claim will be - ZOMGZZZ NOOOOBBB 7900 GS FORRR 120 $$$??? LIIEESS.

Here - Http://shop4.outpost.com/{VP1CJYJYe...D5C1Qpb7g**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

The processor mentioned there (E4300)will DESTROY the Cell processor on the PS 3 without any trouble.

Reference - Geek Patrol | PlayStation 3 Performance

PS3 and a power macG5 performance benchmarks show that the G5 is better than the Cell in a lot of respects. I expect the Core 2 duo's to perform much much better.
Now go play your dragonball Z or some other game. You're willing to buy a console thats around 300$'s costlier than what it retails for in america so you should have no problem getting a PC for that price right?

Next time show some respect and realise that you do not know half as much as you think you know.

Of course, theres the whole 6 month upgrade thingy and all, but if you're dumb enough to buy a video game machine for 40k, then you should probably have enough money to keep upgrading the PC every 6 months. Then theres the fact that the variety of games on the PC is larger than those on the consoles. RTS', Flight sims, Oblivion, Hellgate london, Crysis, blah blah.

WOW I respect you. You did study hard.. but is dat setup going to last for next 2 years?? As far as I know to enjoy Crysis fully you may require a new DX10 GFX, so add at least $200+ for decent gameplay. There I think dat says a lot... for now. As for E6XXX beating Cell... yeah just take a look at F@H standings... you will have da idea.

EDIT: OK Dumb me missed on whole 6 month upgrade part :p but then buy once and be happy or keep tab of things to come and try hard to sell your old stuff, ur PICK... I have both [PC, PS2 & PS3] but Consoles overall makes sense.

I second that @Harshal!!!
I also have PC+PSP+PS2 planning on PS3 next month...
I cudnt keep upgrading PC all the time...thats why shifted to consoles....but do play & enjoy games on PC....not that much though...neways this thread is all about PS3 coming to INDIA & its pricing...not a flame thread....PC rocks no doubt but right now PS3 & X360 is the in thing....

Look, I'm all for keeping this flame free and all, I merely mentioned that a 40k pc will have enough power to take down a PS3. Obviously the console+PC combo is the ideal option, but its incredibly expensive and the vast majority of folks can't afford these.

Yes, the PC is more expensive in the long run but the PC is the platform where most of the breathtaking work is accomplished. Till GoW arrived, the PC had by FAR the best looking games compared to the console.

It's a repetitive cycle, 3 years from now, the games on the PC will touch new height and deliver visuals which would be impossible for consoles to render, but those visuals would come at an extra cost for the end-user.

Sadly enough, I wish PC gaming was more like the consoles. A ps2 had an 800 mhz processor and 128 megs of ram and it ran some good looking games on it.

""or E6XXX beating Cell... yeah just take a look at F@H standings"" - That does not equate to better performance in a game. The PS 3 has like 7 cores simultaneously working on bits and pieces of data unlike the traditional PC's which have a quarter of that amount. Doing simple math calculations better need not necessarily mean a better gaming experience.

7 cores each doing a different calculation will yield better performance than 2 cored doing different calculations. It's all in the CPU cycles. If the PS 3 and the PC both complete a calculation in a single cycle, the PS 3 will end up performing 7 different calculations simultaneously compared to 2 in a dual core PC.

That is ofcourse a really really crude way of putting it across. Basically what makes the ps3 better at F@H is the fact that it'd architecture is designed in such a way so as to enable it to succeed in number crunching(floating point) operations.

These of course, rarely correspond to better gaming performance. A PS 3 can complete a WU in 8 hours while a standard proccy (6600) takes a day and a half . So if you go by the F@H findings literally you'll find that the PS 3 is around 4-5 times better than a traditional PC at floating point calculations, the same theory has been junked in the link I've provided above where we see that the cell cannot perform the similar number of floating point ops as a G5.

So how does it come about as 4 x faster at F@H? Thats called optimisation. Apologies for the huge post, this was the simplest way I could explain this. There are bound to be a few errors since I do not claim to be some whizz kid or anything.

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Of course, theres the whole 6 month upgrade thingy and all, but if you're dumb enough to buy a video game machine for 40k, then you should probably have enough money to keep upgrading the PC every 6 months. Then theres the fact that the variety of games on the PC is larger than those on the consoles. RTS', Flight sims, Oblivion, Hellgate london, Crysis, blah blah.

Eh??

Was this directed at me or at params?

l33t_5n1p3r_max said:
Is that so? I've been playing games for quiet a while now and I don't need some 15 year old to come and talk bullshit.

Core 2 Duo (E4300) + Motherboard combo - $140 - "+getMessage("iPrintVerKit")+"

eVGA 7900 GS - As low as $130

Case - $40

Power Supply- $50

A DVD burner - $25

120 GB HD - $45

Wintec 2x512 PC 5300 - $62

Mouse + Keyboard - $20

Total price = 512 dollars (approx 21k All US prices.). Add in an extra 100 and you can buy yourself some other stuff as well as get the whole thing shipped to India.

Now your next claim will be - ZOMGZZZ NOOOOBBB 7900 GS FORRR 120 $$$??? LIIEESS.

Here - Http://shop4.outpost.com/{VP1CJYJYe...D5C1Qpb7g**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

The processor mentioned there (E4300)will DESTROY the Cell processor on the PS 3 without any trouble.

Reference - Geek Patrol | PlayStation 3 Performance

PS3 and a power macG5 performance benchmarks show that the G5 is better than the Cell in a lot of respects. I expect the Core 2 duo's to perform much much better.

Now go play your dragonball Z or some other game. You're willing to buy a console thats around 300$'s costlier than what it retails for in america so you should have no problem getting a PC for that price right?

Next time show some respect and realise that you do not know half as much as you think you know.

Yeah yeah, been there, done that :

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/the-pc-vs-consoles-debate-18066.html?highlight=consoles

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/console-gaming-vs-pc-gaming-round-65466.html?highlight=console

I'll make it short and simple smartpants :

What you're saying holds no relevance whatsoever. All you've managed to prove is how PC can stack up to PS3 in terms of graphics/performance in its same price range.

Point? Games?
PC is only hanging on on by RTS and MMORPG - Nothing else, look up the first thread. It was some years ago when PC kicked ass with exclusive FPS's, it was the main point being used against the consoles, and like I said in there, sooner or later, the consoles will grab them all, produce their own, and hardly share them (Halo, GeoW, Killzone). Now, the only good FPS PC is getting, Crysis, is getting a spinoff on consoles. You compared PC's Half Life 2 with X360's Gears Of War, yet, you forgot it was the first Xbox that is already friggin' running a Half Life 2 port. Your post was so ridiculous there, I didn't even know where to start picking it apart (Casual gamers? X ****ing D!!) hence the one liner.

Ps2 sold being the inferior most in its generation, Wii is selling being the inferior most in its generation, a system is worthless without its games, and its the consoles where the big blockbusters are at. And frankly, I'm not in the mood if by some chance you feel insulted and what to continue it, say whatever you want to next and don't bother with it again, you're only spoiling the mood here and pissing off others, the big-time game releases coming to consoles and PC's shall speak for themselves, is what I believe now.

"""Crysis, is getting a spinoff on consoles.""" - REally? Crytek says 360 and PS3 can't handle Crysis - Joystiq

That is an actual claim by a crytek official. Not a rumour as you seem to be hinting at.

""PC is only hanging on on by RTS and MMORPG"" - I see. Flight simulators? Naval simulators? Turn based strategy games?

""consoles will grab them all, produce their own, and hardly share them (Halo, GeoW, Killzone).""
Thats funny. If you've played games on a PC you'll know how much better an FPS is on a PC. Freedom of movement, better feel of the game, more interactive environments. Look at GoW for example lol. What is so breathtaking about it other than the graphics?

What skill does GoW need? Is the aiming system not utterly ridiculous thanks to the joystick? Did you ever get the HL-2 "drop box on see saw and watch it move" feel in GoW? Nah.

"" Xbox that is already friggin' running a Half Life 2 port."" - So? How does that change anything? Please tell me. And besides, I compared the physics and immersion aspect of HL@ with GoW not the graphics. GoW uses the Unreal engine (which was designed for the PC) and can put in more polygons than source. I agree. graphically GoW is better than HL-2.

""Casual gamers? X ****ing D"" - Hmm. Consoles are not for casual gamers? Would that not explain why PC games are the preffered mode of competitive play all around the world? WCG, ESWC, CPL, GGL all of them have twice the number of PC games you can play compared to one or two console games.

""a system is worthless without its games,"" - Of course, the PC has no games at all. Especially when compared to the PS3 ROFLMAO.

You're funny. You obviously have ZERO knowledge about why consoles sell and whats the reason for selling them cheap (ps2,xbox360, NOT PS3). Consider this my last response to you. I've got better things to do than to argue with someone who has obviously not got a clue about anything.

Consider this my last response to you. I've got better things to do than to argue with someone who has obviously not got a clue about anything.

That's what I said, just don't hop in random threads and start crapping it up with useless banter next time.

""consoles will grab them all, produce their own, and hardly share them (Halo, GeoW, Killzone).""

why do u keep thinking PC gamers give a damn bout a title being ported :S, if all one is really glad that it will sell more and give more motivation to d developer to push the envelope. Ya titles getting "dumb down" to suit the casual gamer are another thing(Deus Ex 2 no better example out there)

"(Halo, GeoW, Killzone)"

Halo = aren't both avail. fr PC ? not to mention the worse indoor levels in history

GOW = again ever seen a PC gamer here on techenclave go gaga over it like we did fr HL, TF, Crysis or Oblivion ?

Killzone = Got nothing which a FPS pc gamer will ever miss or require. and have u ever even tried playing an FPS wid a mouse & keyboard ?

PC is only hanging on on by RTS and MMORPG

You again thinking exclusiveness means a LOT. Trust me dude no1 will give a damn bout a title being ported unless of course its gameplay is changed to support the average nut.

Pc's have been multi-functional ever since there birth and that's the only point of there survival and selling. People buy PC fr entertainment, work or to do some other stuff and theres a lot of other things to do on it then just play games, it practically does everything. There is nothing to debate on what the better gaming platform is...its the console(its a harware built solely fr gaming, a too freakin' obvious fact). And might i remind the difference in the things that appeal to a PC gamer and a consoler. ex; While the gameplay of GOW will do fr enuf fr a consoler, the linearity and the lack of control of events will simply annoy a PC gamer. Ever wondered why COD is considered as a FPS screen saver and boring by many?

That's what I said, just don't hop in random threads and start crapping it up with useless banter next time.

Then stick to it and don't replay..he merely addressed yr points, there wasn't any "useless banter" anywhere. Again not trying to start a debate or flame war but no need to say false stuff.

What is so breathtaking about it other than the graphics?

lol u need to go near the walls to see the truth. Unreal engine3 does support a lot of polys but much of its detail is build upon "normal maps" (sort of colored bump maps), Unreal engine3's lighting & stability is the highlighting point not the poly count. One will need to wait till crysis or the next Carmack beauty to unveil to see true next gen visuals.

Allright,a slight update..got a call from the 'concerned' guy at 9pm,this guy speaks so fast even speedy gonzalez won't be able to match him.He said tht the PSnetwork is not officially launched in india and as for the other question of aust and uk accounts,I'll be trying it out early in the morning..got some australian pin codes.

@Harshal-will notify you by PM if it works and send you the pin codes

Ok, as for PC vs Consoles I know its a never ending topic... so lets stick to thread... India and wat its getting against rest of the world...

@ MM, Righto, Champ!!! Thanks :)

Yeah Enough of PC v/s PS3/Consoles...both are equal on their merits...some ppl enjoy playin on Consoles & some dont....So why to argue....We're GAMERS Dont ever forget that....so wht if your counterpart is playin on PC or X360 or Friggin Notebook[Alienware, hehehe]...its just about pure gaming.....also I prefer PS3 over PC cos i like console gaming...instead of literally strippin down PS3 or Pc into bits....we'll should come together & fight against Govt. policies to reduce the import taxes on gaming & electronic devices....hehehehe....so that we could enjoy what the whole world enjoys......Thats it m done....pheww....

That's dissapointing, the article said PSN had launched.

Well, they might still do it before Xbox Live hits India, meanwhile, just register with a fake address with an accepted country.

LOL why on earth did this thread go pc vs console :S. Its like beating a dead horse no point. Madmonkey just use paris hilton's addy :rofl:. Or try this.... 1835 73rd Ave NE, Medina, WA 98039. Shud be good enuf :rofl: :rofl:.

Woohooo!!!

It worked,I tried out the australian pin code and it worked.Checked out the pstore of australia,it's not much but it looks cool.Saw a GT HD trailer and I think there was a demo of it over there,didn't d'load it but from the trailer..it was jaw-dropping.

Tried out motorstorm online,got it updated and you'll have the option of playing either in the australian or european server.Wen't to the australian servers,found a server where 11 players are getting prepared,chose a bike and was getting ready for the countdown of the race.The unbelievable thing was tht there was "NO LAG " in either of the australian and european servers..it was smooth.Btw I did forget to mention when the race started,I forgot tht there was an 18 wheeler jackass truck behind me and he had the pleasure of sending me to a cliff as soon as the race started.

The worst part(for me) was when the host increased the laps to 3 and asked everyone through his mic to destroy me since I made his buggy flip over with the impact of my bike landing on his roof..tht too at full boost :rofl: . Everyone smashed my brains,waited for me to respawn..and then were at it again.I quickly quit,think they'll be looking for me again since I found one them looking for me in the european server.

10mins didn't pass and I already got a fanclub who would just love to send me over a clliff :p

Now for ridgeracer,this is even more interesting,found lotsa players and their highly customised machines..while I had an non-customised car.Found one of the players and he was nice enough to race in his ordinary car..btw abt the interesting part,he asked me whether I was in any team.Upon further enquiry,seems this is like street racing but on a more safer environment i.e. the game and he asked me whether I know of an anime named initial D.Tht's right..you heard it,looks like ridge racer has teams like those of the initial D and they drift,race...get RESPECT!!! :p .Now we need a team representing TE,dunno whether hardcore NFS maniacs would find ridge racer as their cup of tea.

Saw some ridge racer teamnames..NitrOYakuzas,slowandsteady,Moonriders.etc

All in all,it was a pleasant and awesome experience.

@Harshal-check your PM

Back