PS3 Modding - Mumbai

^^

1. Open the b**ch up.

2. Get a VT642 card and T10 scre drivers.. 700 bucks max

3. get the Linux variant they say..i forgot... doppler??...

4. open it with a compass and flat head screw driver. you have to hold the one side of the back open and yank the other side. otherwise they keep closing on one side.

5. Boot frm the disc and hot connect it, if its not detecting on already connected.

6. Check the drive type from the tray shape. flash it.

Its damn simple.

I did lik 26 or so. :D....

^^ Thanks a lot but it does seem a bit overwhelming! I would be better off finding professional people who do this for business :p

^^^^

I dif for the first time. i knew jack abt flashing.

Just read some pdf's for abt 2 times. ask some doubts. you are set. BELIEVE.

I heard the Lite-On's are a realy b*tch to flash. With the arcade versions soon to hit the shores, I'm planning on picking one up & getting it flashed as well. Don't want to risk flashing on my own. Pat, I'll have a check & let you know if I get any info on it. :)

Even if we leave the issue of Sony enforced DRM, Just consider the cost and effort involved in downloading a 25GB ISO per game, burning it on a BD ROM (for which you require a BD Writer)

OR they could possibly devise a technique which would allow the ISO's to be loaded off the HDD. Pretty similar to how the PSP has been modified.

Lord Nemesis said:
Even if we leave the issue of Sony enforced DRM, Just consider the cost and effort involved in downloading a 25GB ISO per game, burning it on a BD ROM (for which you require a BD Writer)

its not that hard to download 25gb iso's these days. plus some us already have a bd writer ready :) hehe. also bd discs are very reasonable. i got tdk 1's for 210rs each. 25gb discs.

Ethan_Hunt said:
OR they could possibly devise a technique which would allow the ISO's to be loaded off the HDD. Pretty similar to how the PSP has been modified.

i think this is what they are working towards.
ps2 games have been cracked for the ps3. they can be run via hdd & swap magic on a backward compatible ps3.

stormblast said:
its not that hard to download 25gb iso's these days. plus some us already have a bd writer ready :) hehe. also bd discs are very reasonable. i got tdk 1's for 210rs each. 25gb discs.

Well, some of us are still on Airtel's Ultra High speed *Limited* Unlimited Internet connections. ;)

Now it is definately moddable as we all know that there are jailbreak usb dongle's available, but with a condition that your console should have firmware 3.41, nything above that the jailbreak won't work..

Back