PS3 prices? Extended warranty?

I bought the PS3 from ebay just wondering if I can opt for the extended warranty now or do i have to take it when I bought the console.

@torque: The extended waranty is not something Sony is giving, Its what some shops( Croma ) are giving. So you are eligible only if you buy from them n I think it is when you buy.

Extended warranty is done by insurance companies, croma has a tie up with some insurance company and they offer 2 years additional warranty on the ps3 for rs. 750/-

which I think is an amazing deal!

hey Guys, which one makes more sense? 18990k for PS3 80 GB with 2 games(GT5 and Uncharted) or PS3 120GB for 19990k (probably this price also will come down to 18.9k). Both of this with Warranty. What difference does this two consoles have except for the slim size or the HDD size? I was told that the price of the games itself will be 4k. So in that case PS 120GB is 4k costlier without the games.

KonfuSed said:
hey Guys, which one makes more sense? 18990k for PS3 80 GB with 2 games(GT5 and Uncharted) or PS3 120GB for 19990k (probably this price also will come down to 18.9k). Both of this with Warranty. What difference does this two consoles have except for the slim size or the HDD size? I was told that the price of the games itself will be 4k. So in that case PS 120GB is 4k costlier without the games.
The slim has better cooling system and has removed the facility to install Linux on it. No backward compatibility with PS2 games either. That's about it I guess.

^ It's available at the Juhu store for 19990/- plus 750 bucks extra for 2yrs extended Croma Warranty.

very good deal imo, the other stores should have it within the next few days.

thexfactor said:
^ It's available at the Juhu store for 19990/- plus 750 bucks extra for 2yrs extended Croma Warranty.

Thanks a lot. So extended warranty is still available, thats good.

thexfactor said:

Wow that's a good deal! Should anything go wrong I'm assuming Croma offers a replacement since Sony India does not repair the consoles.

Gannu said:
Wow that's a good deal! Should anything go wrong I'm assuming Croma offers a replacement since Sony India does not repair the consoles.

Croma wont offer any replacement......... u will hav to deal with Sony India with the Croma warranty card....... which will mean normal Sony warranty at the end of 1 yr....... so no problems.....;)

I was going to buy PS3 Slim frm here....... but with Croma's 2yr extended warranty its too tempting...... tht too for just Rs.750/- LOL:hap2:

Back