PS3 Vs PC : gaming experience

john_avi

Disciple
Hi Guyz,Once I had an argument with my friend. I have done gaming only on PC. Looking at the options available for GPU, I think a Gaming PC can beat a PS3 machine. I feel that graphics rendering is much better on higher end gaming rigs, when compared with PS3. He was arguing that PS3 offers better gaming experience. So please provide inputs if any of you can. Also please give me links if there is any such comparison done earlier.

jaydipmori said:
Now Scanario is like this : If u have lots of money GO for Highend PC :) and No moeny Go for PS3 cause i hate PS3 in FPS gaming :p
LOL....well said. Even I also find it difficult playing FPS using controller. But I want to see how good is a gaming console when compared to PC?My prime concern is Graphics. Graphics of a game on PS3 vs Graphics of game on PC..Come on Gurus...Evaporate the doubts [:)]

If you want to play some platform exclusive titles and have hdmi capable lcd or led monitor then go for a PS3 if you dont have a Gaming PC at all i would suggest you to build a new one cause price of a ps3 game is 2.5k whereas for pc its almost a fraction of that and also you get to play most of the games for free if you know what i mean ;) for dude in india pc gaming is mucHHHHHHHHHHHHHH cheaper than ps3 gaming

Yes, this comparison has been done to death many times before. But as the gaming scene has been continuously evolving, we will find a lot of differences in opinion as the time progresses. Many gamers who sweared by PC gaming earlier have now shifted entirely to consoles for various reasons.

In my personal opinion, I find Console gaming at its present form, vastly superior to the PC gaming. Infact, other than better graphics, the PC has got almost nothing else going on for it. The reason I would prefer Console gaming to PC gaming anyday is the overall Console experience.

Honestly speaking, I feel like I have been given a punishment when I have to sit in front of a PC with my back straight playing with a keyboard and a mouse. For this reason alone, I have started playing all PC games almost exclusively with a 360 controller, even the FPS titles. Sure, the 360 controller is way less accurate than a keyboard and mouse combo but its also way more relaxing.

The mere fact that I can play a game lying on my couch or my bed on a 42" inch display just by a press of a button makes Consoles the undisputed king when it comes to serious gaming in general. Add to that, the achievements/trophies and the live/PSN experience and you have a complete gaming solution. Even the differences in graphics isn't considered a big deal anymore as more often than not the console graphics especially for the exclusives are pretty enough. Also, almost all the multiplatform games are much better optimized for the consoles and as such the best experience will be possible only on a console. Then the fact that a console costs much less than a gaming PC makes investing in a console a no brainier.

Even after all the above reasons, the biggest reason of them all for any self proclaimed gamer has to be the games library. The consoles have given us arguably the best exclusive games of this generation. A simple look at the exclusive lineup of consoles would end all doubts as to which platform is superior at its present form.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ubergeek said:
If you want to play some platform exclusive titles and have hdmi capable lcd or led monitor then go for a PS3 if you dont have a Gaming PC at all i would suggest you to build a new one cause price of a ps3 game is 2.5k whereas for pc its almost a fraction of that and also you get to play most of the games for free if you know what i mean ;) for dude in india pc gaming is mucHHHHHHHHHHHHHH cheaper than ps3 gaming
Not so much. A Gaming PC would set him back by atleast 40-50k. While a PS3 would cost only 17k. Even if he buys the platinum edition of around 20 of the best PS3 games, it would still work out to be much cheaper than investing in a gaming PC and becoming a pirate.

Graphics : PC 1 - Console 0

Controlling : PC 1 - Console 0 (FPS sucks in console - may not for all, but for many I know)

Games : PC 1 - Console 1 (well few games comes to console first, few exclusives )

Online : PC 1 - Console 1 (even if you have to pay for it. XBox)

Game costs : PC 1 - Console 0 (even if you buy :p, it costs much less)

Setup cost : PC 0 - Console 1 (a good gaming PC costs more than consoles)
:)

I have Ps3 and Pc but game more on pc due to better graphics and mods for titles that are available on both platforms,I got the ps3 for exclusives like uncharted and Gow,If you are in to Rpg and stratergy games pc or go for a ps3.

ubergeek said:
you get to play most of the games for free if you know what i mean ;) for dude in india pc gaming is mucHHHHHHHHHHHHHH cheaper than ps3 gaming
I know what it means :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@Bluffmaster Very informative and I lost almost all the doubts. I agree playing games on a console is very much relaxing. But to me what attracts most in a game is its graphics, where a High-end gaming rig leaps high. Btw can anyone give an idea which PC GPU will match up with PS3 gpu? or a combination of cpu + gpu

I own both :)

to be honest am sick of comparing 2 great machines of this decade :|

Of course PC beats PS3 in almost all comparable way, but when it comes to FUN, and Arcade-ish, imo PC can't beat PS3 or the other consoles too.

PC is all about how much of a gamer you are & how hard you game to win!!! like FPS. MP games like COD, BF3 which i live to play :p

PS3/Consoles is bout how much you love being a gamer & how much you love playing a game in it . like a Family :p

To me my PS3 is like my family i connect , play together ever weekend with my cousins :)

& PC is where i play all alone , & still love playing .

at the end of the day, if you know that you are a gamer by heart.Next time when somebody says that his PS3 pwns PC, or his PC pwns ps3 , just show 'em your middle finger :p

xD !!!

Even if gaming rigs cost more they are a bang for the buck. But taking only gaming into consideration IMO the only games that takes skills to play are FPS but with controllers those are the worst games to play . Advantage with consoles is less setup hassle you just put the DVD in and start playing no drivers to check,no compatibility to check . Suitable mainly for casual gamers , but for people who care about the tech specs and have knowledge of the tech that drives the games PC's are more suitable.

challapradyumna said:
Suitable mainly for casual gamers , but for people who care about the tech specs and have knowledge of the tech that drives the games PC's are more suitable.

That is an absurd statement. I would have countered your post but there is really no end and point to this debate.

How many Gaming tournaments do you have for PS3 only....??? And how many do you have for the PC.

...think about the above and you will know which is better for gaming.

..rest I think hector said it best.
I own both and I love 'em both as much,
I have always had a game console (Atari, Sega, nintendo, PS, PS2, PS3) as well as a gaming PC. (TNT2 Riva, G-force, GF2, GF3 ti500, fx5900, 6800Gt, 7900gt, 8800Gt, 4850, 5850, 580gtx )
Some games are for PS3 but some will always stay on my PC.

Both have their pros and cons...it really depends on the GAMER :)

Infected said:
How many Gaming tournaments do you have for PS3 only....??? And how many do you have for the PC.

...think about the above and you will know which is better for gaming.

How many gaming tournaments have you or any average gamer taken part in?

Seriously, the level of replies here are just beginning to get ridiculous. I am therefore retiring from this thread. :p

With PC getting stepchild treatment, i moved on to consoles .I'd say PC graphics are much better.But nothing beats playing ACR on your 32" Full HD LED without caring about the installation issues and other shit like that.In other words,consoles are for lazy ppl like me who hate putting one disk after another and waiting for installation to complete and those who want to sit back on a couch nd enjoy the show rather than straining yourself through long times to complete a game XD XD

How many gaming tournaments have you or any average gamer taken part in?

...a few, and help arrange one odd when I worked for Indiagames.

Anyhow, I just wanted to point out to the hardcore gamers I guess....But the number of tournaments does indicate atleast the systems popularity.

Anyhow, I just wanted to point out to the hardcore gamers I guess....But the number of tournaments does indicate atleast the systems popularity.

Actually, the number of sales indicate a systems popularity and as you are a "Hardcore gamer", I am sure you will be aware of that statistic. :) Also, most of the big gaming tournaments have been shifted from a PC to Xbox live/PSN.

Actually, the number of sales indicate a systems popularity and as you are a "Hardcore gamer", I am sure you will be aware of that statistic. Also, most of the big gaming tournaments have been shifted from a PC to Xbox live/PSN.

"hardcore" gamer, well I wish I could say that too but I get no time to fulfill that desire of mine.

Are you really gonna compare the number of PS3's sold vs Personal Computers?

or you wanna compare PS3 sales vs total number of GPU's sold....?

Give me a stat that you think I should compare where the PS3 wins ....

Also, most of the big gaming tournaments have been shifted from a PC to Xbox live/PSN.

...like?

PS. I am not saying PC wins at all, I am saying is that they each have their place....

Back