PS3 with move OR Xbox with kinect?

Guys. A friend of mine wants to buy either a PS3 or Xbox. His requirement from it isn't that much. He really isn't a hardcore gamer. Might just play Fifa and Tennis and Cricket with me and save the game. No online gaming at all. And it'll be majorly used when friends come over for a drinks and few so we can play those motion games that Move and Kinect has to offer.

We checked out both, PS3 (the 320 GB one) with move kit (for around 22K) and Xbox (4GB) with kinect combo (For around 23K).

He likes kinect better than move.

What do you guys suggest?

Move is gonna really expensive because you will need to buy a separate move controller for each of your friends. Whereas in Kinect, you only need the kinect camera and nothing else, which means its cheap. :D

Oh. Sounds good. I liked Kinect too. But adjusting to the camera was a tough deal.

@Dinjo & @jojothedragon: What consoles do you guys own?

Kinect is more enjoyable as family games , whereas Kinect is more for SP games.

I own both 360 and PS3

I have all ....wii, xbox and the PS3.

For hands free gaming...nothing compares to the Kinect. I had a blast playing the Kinext with my Sis and friends:)....But xbox slim cannot be modded yet

I got the PS3 to enjoy some exclusive titles and also for the reason that a PS3 can be modded to play backups:)

And I got the wii to enjoy the old classic games like meteroid, Mario, Zelda :)

i would suggest you to take a look at the games available for both kinnect and move and than make a decision what you want.

dont have xbox but i own ps3 + move.. n i can say its real fun to play using move especially b'coz the ncie games available on move.. but if u got big group of frndz playing together, as jojothedragon said, move will be quite expensive b'coz u'll need number of motion controllers.. but one thing for sure is, move is really good..

you will also have to take into account the core exclusive games each console has :

ps3 : mgs4, Uncharted 2, GOW3, Demon souls, Killzone 2/3 , LBP1/2 etc.

Xbox : Gears of war 1/2, Halo 3/odst/reach, Forza 3, alen wake, fable2, etc.

+ loads of muliplatforms.

if you dont want these games then its another matter.

Back