FS: Consoles Ps4 Fat (not fully Functional)(Jailbroken)

Status
Not open for further replies.

awestorr

Adept
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Rourkela,Odisha
Item Condition
2 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Cash
  2. Bank Transfer
  3. Cheque
Purchase Date
May 1, 2018
Shipping Charges
Excluded - at actuals
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
NIl
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
No use
    • Product Name: Ps4 fat (500gb)+ power cable only
    • Expected Price: Rs 6000
    • Shipping charges: Actuals, at buyers risk
    • Reason for Sale: no use for me.
    • Product condition: 5/10
    • Purchase Date: 2018
    • Remaining Warranty period: Nil
    • Invoice Available: No

• Description if any: The console can only run games like fifa17, life is strange etc. The moment i try to run any heavy games like gow, uncharted etc, it gives a black screen and hangs, reverting back to main menu(check screenshot for error code). i have tried changing hdd , resetting etc, doesnt work. Disc drive works
    • History- Bought it in 2018 , got a Fifa 17 disc free with it, played for a couple of months, didnt get much playtime after that. got an gow disc later in 2019, didnt work . Came to know about the issue, took it to service centre, the guy quoted me 22k for Mobo change, Ever since i Have Hated sony. Been sitting in the cupboard since, tried resetting again when 7.55 jailbreak released but same issue. I personally believe that psu is faulty and not the mobo, since it runs fine as long as there is No heavy load. Anyways , i have tried to be as much transparent as possible. (either psu/apu is faulty) . I can test almost anything reasonable if someone is interested.
    • Uses- Can be used mainly for parts, as a linux machine /emulator thru retroarch
    • Can be jailbroken (on 9.00 firmware)
    • Can be used as a linux machine, with it installed on internal hdd
    • GUIDE/Details here
    • Feel free to discuss anything related in the post, as it may be useful for someone else.
    • Testing- If someone is interested for any reason, feel free to ask and i will try running/ verifying most of the things.
    • Games that work- fifa 17, life is strange, some pinball game.
    • Games confirmed not working- gow,uncharted4, detroit demo.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Imagsasase 2023-05-28 at 16.29.43.jpg
    WhatsApp Imagsasase 2023-05-28 at 16.29.43.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 170
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-05-28 at 16.29.41.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-28 at 16.29.41.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 185
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-05-28 at 16.29.42.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-28 at 16.29.42.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_20230528_162452.jpg
    IMG_20230528_162452.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Usually this similar thing use to happen with ps1 and ps2 pirated versions. I think it's same issue with PS4.

We found out it was laser issue. Playing pirated games would cause the laser reading the disc to detroiate much before than its life.
Use to get it fixed in those days in local game shops ( once got cheated too) so going to a reputed place and having it fixed right in front of you will help.

Hope this info is useful.

There are few members here who I think do fix old consoles .

Usually this similar thing use to happen with ps1 and ps2 pirated versions. I think it's same issue with PS4.

We found out it was laser issue. Playing pirated games would cause the laser reading the disc to detroiate much before than its life.
Use to get it fixed in those days in local game shops ( once got cheated too) so going to a reputed place and having it fixed right in front of you will help.

Hope this info is useful.

There are few members here who I think do fix old consoles .
i dont think this is a disc issue, coz this happens with both digital and disc games.
also this console hasnt been used for jailbroken gasmes, since it had this problem since 2019.

Last edited:
i dont think this is a disc issue, coz this happens with both digital and disc games.
also this console hasnt been used for jailbroken gasmes, since it had this problem since 2019.
Okay.
Maybe I am wrong on how ps4 works but with ps1 and ps2 this was usually the case.

PROOF of disk and fifa 17 working
proof of fifa working with video and temp details-
thanks to @Shiv_am for the suggestion
ADDED -Slay the spire test added
@prop0nik
Error video -

Error with overlay on-
Btw theres a table fan pointed at my face, thats the sound in the videos .

Attachments

• IMG_20230529_223258.jpg
    IMG_20230529_223258.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20230529_223737.jpg
    IMG_20230529_223737.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20230529_224322.jpg
    IMG_20230529_224322.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20230529_223434.jpg
    IMG_20230529_223434.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20230529_224521.jpg
    IMG_20230529_224521.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Bump.
Can be used as a cheap retroarch emulator, capable of emulating every console till ps1.
can load it up and even test for interested buyers.

Have you tried replacing the paste?
no.
the temps arent going up more than 70-75 ingame , so its probably not that.
Also in the crash video, as you can see it freezes before temps even start to rise.
either a faulty mobo or psu.
Edit- resident evil revelation 2 shows the same error @Shiv_am

Last edited:
Would recommend that you get it checked at a local repair shop and get an idea about what's wrong with the ps4. If it's an apu related issue then there's no point buying/selling this. If it's motherboard, psu or jailbreak (error shows firmware update) related then it's a great deal. Please try to find out which one it is.

Would recommend that you get it checked at a local repair shop and get an idea about what's wrong with the ps4. If it's an apu related issue then there's no point buying/selling this. If it's motherboard, psu or jailbreak (error shows firmware update) related then it's a great deal. Please try to find out which one it is.
As i have stated , there are no local repair shops where i m located.
even if the apu is faulty this can be used as donor ps4, psu and disc alone can recoup more than asking price.

My personal thoughts on this console is that the problem is APU related and not just a simple thermal / screw related issue.

The error code corresponds to a general hardware fault. Generally this error will arise if there are bad sectors on the HDD. But OP already said that he has replaced the HDD and reinstalled the OS.

As OP has rightly said this PS is more suitable as a donor for repairing other PS4 consoles. Reballing MIGHT make it work for a short time but APU related issues are really not worth repairing.

My personal thoughts on this console is that the problem is APU related and not just a simple thermal / screw related issue.

The error code corresponds to a general hardware fault. Generally this error will arise if there are bad sectors on the HDD. But OP already said that he has replaced the HDD and reinstalled the OS.

As OP has rightly said this PS is more suitable as a donor for repairing other PS4 consoles. Reballing MIGHT make it work for a short time but APU related issues are really not worth repairing.
couldnt have said better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back