PS4 Pro or PS5?

SamuraiGaming

Disciple
I want to get a console to play all the big hits like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War Ragnarok, Spider-Man, etc. My bro has a PS+ subscription that we can share.

My question is whether it is worth buying a second hand PS4 Pro with 2 controllers at 22.5k (or is this even a fair price to buy?) or just buy a new PS5?

I am a PC gamer and I usually play competitive shooters or indie games on Gamepass. PS games on PC are waaay too over-priced in my opinion to even consider buying them but I'm ok shelling out 500 rupees monthly to play all these games.

My bro has a PS+ subscription that we can share.
How? I have not been able to, I have a PS + extra subscription as well that I want to share with my friend but i haven't been able to get this to work. I added his account in my Friends & family but he still cannot see my PS+ sub

PS5 anyday in 2023. All my friends that have PS4 are pretty much done with it due to games getting really heavy for the system. Yeah sure it'll play but you're gonna max it out & not even get a good experience. If you have the option to buy PS5, do it you will be thankful you made that choice 5 years down the line.

How? I have not been able to, I have a PS + extra subscription as well that I want to share with my friend but i haven't been able to get this to work. I added his account in my Friends & family but he still cannot see my PS+ sub
What if he logs in using your account which has the subscription?

In the long run, PS5. Also, you have access to more games and some PS4 titles run better with 60fps mode at higher settings. And you can save money on games with the PS Plus extra subscription unless you like to own physical disc copies of the game or want to have a digital library that runs without ps plus. Sadly the price is back up on PS5 and the PS collection is no longer available but hey get a PS5 if you can. Also, 22.5k seems to be a good price for PS4 Pro with 2 controllers in they are in good condition as you can sell them off after playing the games you wanna play after some time and not costing much.

It's OT but might be useful for OP too.
Has anyone bought anything from sheenugamecenter.com?

There're offering a new PS account with 1 year ps plus extra subscription for 3k, whereas it's 5k in India if you buy it on your existing account.

Edit: Went ahead and purchased it. I won't convert your existing PS account to PS Plus account but will give a new Turkey account, I logged into my PS5 using that account. Works fine.

I can even play PS Plus games on my old account, but have to download on new account.

PS. In Turkey, PS Plus extra is less than 2k INR. If anyone can get it from there, then it's the best bet.

Last edited:
You probably made your decision already. Just in case you didn't-

PS5, no doubt. Newer console, ps5 exclusives just starting to come out starting from spider-man 2 (say you end up really liking spiderman + miles morales on ps4, you will need a ps5 to play 2, this will be the case with almost every other sony franchise going forward- god of war, horizon, whatever naughty dog is cooking, etc). Has backwards compatibility with PS4 games, sometimes with better performance. Eventually, if you're done playing everything you wanted, you can sell it for a good price and recoup portion of the higher upfront cost. Would suggest disc drive version, you can buy pre-owned ps4/ps5 games for much cheaper and sell them when finished.

Back