PS5 games prices

I had read somewhere that the 70$ titles will cost Rs.4999 here.
Miles Morales was priced Rs.3999 at launch which is a 50$ title in the US.

PS Now is not like Xbox Gamepass. PS Now lets you play PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games.

Sony's Gamepass would be like playing PS5 games on a subscription.

PS Now is not like Xbox Gamepass. PS Now lets you play PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games.

Sony's Gamepass would be like playing PS5 games on a subscription.
PS5 just came in, not many games. It looks like same as GamePass to me when I consider PS4 owners playing PS4 games on subscription.

I suggest taking a look at the PS4 games catalogue. You cannot play recently released games for the PS4 on PS Now. For instance, there's no Ghost of Tsushima or Last of Us Part 2 on PS Now to stream or download. Heck, you cannot even play games like Doom Eternal or Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS Now.

On the other hand, you can play some latest released games on Xbox Game Pass, such as Flight Simulator, Doom Eternal, Ori & The Wisps, The Medium (upcoming) and the like. And then the cheap price of Gamepass.

So, if you're someone who likes to play the latest & greatest, PS Now is the worst option.

I suggest taking a look at the PS4 games catalogue. You cannot play recently released games for the PS4 on PS Now. For instance, there's no Ghost of Tsushima or Last of Us Part 2 on PS Now to stream or download. Heck, you cannot even play games like Doom Eternal or Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS Now.

On the other hand, you can play some latest released games on Xbox Game Pass, such as Flight Simulator, Doom Eternal, Ori & The Wisps, The Medium (upcoming) and the like. And then the cheap price of Gamepass.

So, if you're someone who likes to play the latest & greatest, PS Now is the worst option.
Okay, you have a point there. But Xbox needed GamePass to survive but PlayStation isn’t in that situation. I do own Xbox Series S, and used to have Xbox One, but also had PS3 and PS4. PS5 on the horizon. I clearly prefer the options I have on PlayStation vs that on Xbox. 75% games on GamePass are trash or uninteresting. EA Play has helped gain some ground but MS exclusives are anyways meh for me. Comes down to preferences, I guess.

In the end PlayStation continues its winning-streak every quarter and year without giving two-bits on GamePass ‘threat’. BTW, the PS Collection alone beats XGP by quality games numbers.

Rarely do we see trillion-dollar corpos accept their mistakes.

This is indeed a step in the correct direction. Microsoft has definitely become much more consumer friendly than what it was in the 1990s and 2000s.

Rarely do we see trillion-dollar corpos accept their mistakes.

This is indeed a step in the correct direction. Microsoft has definitely become much more consumer friendly than what it was in the 1990s and 2000s.

They were just testing the waters to judge the response, they reverted their decision after sensing a sh*tstorm.
It'll be revised again in 2-3 years anyways, for now they get to win some brownie points.

They were just testing the waters to judge the response, they reverted their decision after sensing a sh*tstorm.
It'll be revised again in 2-3 years anyways, for now they get to win some brownie points.
At some point in time, they'll definitely want return on their investment - which is not that surprising.

They have been able to successfully integrate Bethesda games into Gamepass after the buyout. Have been on the path to integrate EA Play. And then the usual game additions every months (Yakuza series), with some new releases being added as well (Flight Simulator, Ori, The Medium and the likes).

All of these do cost money.

When I look at similarly priced services such as Ubisoft Plus ($14.99/month) or Playstation Now ($19.99/month) - the price set by Xbox Game Pass is definitely justifiable.

Back