[PSA] Beware of blindly believing Flipkart Open Box Delivery msg on product page before payment

guest_999

Skilled
Here we go again, my second PSA thread regarding Flipkart in BBD sale just like last year. Friend ordered a graphics card from flipkart & as usual checked that product is open box delivery & proceeded to payment page & did the payment. Everything done successfully or so my friend thought until next day the order status update showed product is being delivered via "shadowfax" not the usual ekart. For those who don't know, shadowfax has a not so good reputation especially when involved with meesho scam/fake orders. Then the next shocker, the open box delivery msg which should have been there at the top of order status page is not showing meaning this delivery won't be open box delivery. Turned out open box delivery on products only apply if delivered by flipkart's own ekart logistics & not when delivered via other delivery partners like shadowfax even when the product is eligible for open box delivery.

This is a new low even for flipkart. I mean I could understand if certain product is not showing open box delivery for any user but to change the open box delivery because of change in shipping partner which can only happen after placing the order & making the payment is completely unethical. Be careful to keep checking your order status page & if not seeing the open box delivery msg then cancel the order.

P.S. request to mods @puns @Crazy_Eddy to temporarily sticky this thread in deals section here till the end of BBD/GIS sale for awareness.

So was the card DOA or something else? If there's no open box option the product is eligible to be returned under certain conditions. That's always been the case

Here we go again, my second PSA thread regarding Flipkart in BBD sale just like last year. Friend ordered a graphics card from flipkart & as usual checked that product is open box delivery & proceeded to payment page & did the payment. Everything done successfully or so my friend thought until next day the order status update showed product is being delivered via "shadowfax" not the usual ekart. For those who don't know, shadowfax has a not so good reputation especially when involved with meesho scam/fake orders. Then the next shocker, the open box delivery msg which should have been there at the top of order status page is not showing meaning this delivery won't be open box delivery. Turned out open box delivery on products only apply if delivered by flipkart's own ekart logistics & not when delivered via other delivery partners like shadowfax even when the product is eligible for open box delivery.

This is a new low even for flipkart. I mean I could understand if certain product is not showing open box delivery for any user but to change the open box delivery because of change in shipping partner which can only happen after placing the order & making the payment is completely unethical. Be careful to keep checking your order status page & if not seeing the open box delivery msg then cancel the order.

P.S. request to mods @puns @Crazy_Eddy to temporarily sticky this thread in deals section here till the end of BBD/GIS sale for awareness.
Happened same with me yesterday with tplink archer AX12 WIFI 6 router..

I ordered it at open box delivery but as soon as they shipped it with ECOM EXPRESS the open box delivery box went away and I didn't noticed it that time and when delivery came yesterday than I came to know that it has been changed in APP and delivery boy told no open box delivery showing to him..

Seller was " Retailnet" only..
So was the card DOA or something else? If there's no open box option the product is eligible to be returned under certain conditions. That's always been the case
no.. I think many products have 7 days service center return policy mainly

If a scam happened then it is your word against the flipkart & it entirely depends on them whether they accept or not. Also, if product is slightly physically damaged (superficial & not really anything serious) but working & you raise return request which fk denied saying product working correctly then also not good because service centre can always reject any future rma saying "physical damage" even if that has nothing to do with issue at that time. Most importantly, if flipkart send you a 1 year old card on which brand (zotac especially) deny giving warranty from purchase date but mfg date so you lose 1 year warranty for no fault of your own.
I ordered it at open box delivery but as soon as they shipped it with ECOM EXPRESS the open box delivery box went away and I didn't noticed it that time and when delivery came yesterday than I came to know that it has been changed in APP and delivery boy told no open box delivery showing to him..
Did you at least get the otp option to confirm the delivery?

If a scam happened then it is your word against the flipkart & it entirely depends on them whether they accept or not. Also, if product is slightly physically damaged (superficial & not really anything serious) but working & you raise return request which fk denied saying product working correctly then also not good because service centre can always reject any future rma saying "physical damage" even if that has nothing to do with issue at that time. Most importantly, if flipkart send you a 1 year old card on which brand (zotac especially) deny giving warranty from purchase date but mfg date so you lose 1 year warranty for no fault of your own.

Did you at least get the otp option to confirm the delivery?
NO OTP OPTION

Oops. And I was giving preference to Flipkart over Amazon because of OBD even if Flipkart was a bit expensive of same product. :oops:

Back