PSP not detected under Vista X64

MAGNeT

Skilled
Well my psp is not being detected as usb device at all by vista....surfed googled whole day today....only found post with ppl having problem...tried almost all suggestion like changing infcache file and all....but its not helping at all
Well if someone has any idea do let me know else ill have to instal win xp again...but dont have 64 bit version now and has 6gb on comp it looks a trade-off to me plus wastage of hdd space just for psp

well i get its with oem version i m runing it has this problem not only psp but doesnt support usb of mobiles and all..also ub of apc not working right now....i guess ill change the package once my net connection improves....

mine is old one fat...but its not psp issue but usb stuff...when googled u can see the problem usb not detected in vista.....and mine is same scenario...i also have used vista earlier with usb...but since i decided to retire old hdd i formatted with a new vista copy and facing problem.....ill change the file now with some other vista ultimate copy......

Well its just that it doesnt accept drivers of usb....it detects my phone but doesnt the psp...also now i found it doesnt accept the canon printer.....i have inserted original cd for same and still it doesnt accept the driver....

Any ways....now i have win xp 64 in one drive...but due to some wrong timing i cant get the option to boot in it....

Using vista boot pro i created the option than while loading it states serious error repair the file...when i repair with the dvd and fixmbr and fixboot than only windows xp 64 runs .......now to load to vista i have to put vista driver and repair the start up.....can some one help me from here

Right now on vista and in my computer->properties->?advanced settings->advanced->system startup recovery i cant find the edit option to add winxp option as u get in windows xp settings....so what do i do now???

ur problem sounds familiar , when it asks for drivers , try pointing towards location c:\windows\system32\ and see if it picks up the drivers , seems like a known issue and its vista

lemme know if this works

sir i have tried everything........it doesnt pick up at all...also when i change the usb cable from present usb to another usb slot even my v3i is not detected and not charged......i guess the vista i m using is some dell lappy version which has issue all over..have googled alot about it

sounds like ur usb stack is corrupt , as a final check what u can do is check if ur usb controllers are not disabled in bios , coz teh fact that ur fone is not charging means 2 things
1.ur usb ports are diabled in the computer ( pray its this) and thats why the mobo is not supplyig any power to it and thats why its not working
2. ur usb ports are fried :(

last resort id suggest a complete clear installation of os on ur system wit hethe bare minmum drivers and then try if usb works

p.s. no matter which vista version u use usb shud work fine

Well it only happens in vista....its like i have 2 usb slot at back of mobo...when i connect in one phone charges but psp doesnt accept driver...and new hardware detection fails.....on second even phone doesnt charges

ANyways right now i have shifted to xp 64 will try clean installation with new setup when i get it..thanks for all the help guys

Back