PC Peripherals PSU buying advice

buzz88

Disciple
I need help finalising a PSU for a friend's PC.

For context, the CPU in this build will be Ryzen 7600 and GPU 3060Ti presently. B650M DS3H or B650M GAMING AX X mobo.
My friend might upgrade to a next gen X3D chip and 4070 or RX 7800 at max after a few years, but he wants to keep the rest of the parts (RAM, mobo, PSU) for at least 4-5 years.

I had suggested Adata XPG Core Reactor 850 at first, as it is high on the PSU tier list and comes with 10 year warranty.
But currently, it is out of stock everywhere and the few places that have it have priced it higher than its usual price.

Since it's costing the same as Corsair RM850e, we've decided to opt for Corsair.

Vedant has the lowest prices, but they have two listings.

CP-9020249-IN

CP-9020263-IN

I believe they are different based only on the year of manufacturing, but how old is the cheaper variant? Is newer model worth the price difference? Is anything changed internally?
If anyone more knowledgeable can help me with these questions, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Search for the SKUs listed and check the official specs page for the differences. the more expensive SKU is ATX 3.0 and as said above, includes 12VHPWR.
1691486433773.png

Back