PSU wattage?

crazysrihari

Disciple
Hi

I have a 5600x and an RTX 3070.
Along with 2x8gb ddr4 ram, and a few case fans. 1 nvme SSD... No HDD

Stock cooler for CPU

Online calculator shows max power consumption as 385 watts.
I was planning to get a 650W PSU. Is it ok? Can I just get 550?

Hi

I have a 5600x and an RTX 3070.
Along with 2x8gb ddr4 ram, and a few case fans. 1 nvme SSD... No HDD

Stock cooler for CPU

Online calculator shows max power consumption as 385 watts.
I was planning to get a 650W PSU. Is it ok? Can I just get 550?
You can, if interested future you are not planning to add more load. Go for good branded 80+ bronze or higher rated PSU like Corsair

Check the recommended PSU wattage of your GPU on their website and buy the same wattage. I was tight on budget once and used 100W less than the recommended in my 6700xt, but it worked fine, too.

A gold 650 watt will be fine,but if you are targeting 1440p gaming in future get a 850watt ,psu last really long even bronze ones so its worth the investment

Also, I wanted to add 80+ bronze or gold, which is just half of the story. Check this site and get the recommended wattage according to your budget. You are better off getting Tier C Bronze than Tier F Gold.

650 wud suffice for this....i run 700watts gold psu with 3070 and 3900x without issue. If you can get 850 watts gold but i wud say if u looking to upgrade gpu in future then atx3.0 will be more usable keeping eye to future.
If u like then try getting used 750 or 850 gold ones....u can find a plenty even bronze wud be good.

Back