Public DC++ Hubs

raksrules

Elite
Is anyone aware about any public DC++ hubs ? I remember getting IP (or something else) of such a hub from India broadband forum. It was like i have to share a certain amount of data (like 10 GB minimum) from my HDD by mentioning the correct folder to the software and then i can connect to those hubs to download things from there. I think it was a hub for MTNL connection so not sure if any other connection person can connect.
Any idea about any such now ?

^^Can you give more details as how to connect and steps (if possible), IP address if applicable, what to search to get the hub.

Minimum share limit is fine as i can share a random folder on my laptop having sizeable amount of data.

Depends on your location, here are few hubs that I use,

Popeye| 174.142.142.254

Reliance| nidakhan.no-ip.biz:1209

Also have a look at this to start with your DC++

hey trigger hows the reliance hub ? Any better than the popeye ... though i have no problems with popeye since everything is there lol .. just wanna try a new hub

I guess this reliance hub is somewhere in Bandra.. though I can connect to it. I prefer Popeye over nidakhan for the same reason you mentioned.

Are you on a cable internet connection like reliance,fivenet etc.? If yes then if you join your local DC++ hub you candownload at LAN(100mbps) speeds. Otherwise (if you have ADSL) it won't matter where the hub is. you can get a list of thousands of hubs from dchublist.com/.

Bumping my old thread.

I am now having YOU Broadband connection in Pune and wanted to know if there are any local DC++ hubs for YOU Broadband, specifically somewhere i can get download speeds more than what my actual connection speed is ? Not sure if it is even possible.
Else where should i look for any other DC++ Hubs ? And will they max give me the speed same as my plan speed ? In that case DC++ is useless for me since say i want to get some content which is like 5GB in size and if i use torrent etc then it will be downloaded at 1 Mbps speeds and if the DC++ is public then too max it will be downloaded at 1 Mbps right ?
This defeats the purpose.

Check google for Popeye DC++ settings, on their blog they have all the details / settings according to your connection / routers etc etc ....

Files rotating means, most of them have almost same movies or songs or softwares etc

Back