Budget 90k+ Purchasing a 16" Macbook Pro M2 Pro (Base Model)

mannamrinal

Disciple
Hello,

Need help purchasing a Base model 16" Macbook pro - 16GB/512GB - M2 Pro chip on behalf of a friend.
Could someone help out with where can i get one at the best possible pricing ?

Thanks !

I see its priced 2,29,990 on amazon and 2,49,900 on official apple store. 249,900 in croma too. 2,29,990 on flipkart (better to not buy from there)
Two suggestions from my side :
1) The official apple store used to provide good student discounts. (I have seen 20% discount before, also heard somebody say they removed that. Pls check). One of my friends got a free airpods pro 2 when he bought an ipad.
2) Check your local stores. they might be able to arrange for cheaper.

Apple products rarely go on sale, so not many options. Also try to get discounts using credit cards.

Last edited:
Recently I purchased one from Imagine store and got 30k discount. Check all well known retailers. Since this is base model, they all will have stock. Croma has some sale this week. Check once. Stay away from Amazon Flipkart etc.

PS: get Apple care plus. Very very very necessary for macs. You have to buy it within 30 days of purchase I think. Do not fall for alternate extended warranty offers from retailers.

Yes, this offer is available year around from what I've seen in last 3 months. To use this, you can download unidays app which will show the student offers that apple site will be offering.
so for unidays registeration, should we register with my email id or the students email id. also can a 6th graded student be eligible for the offer?

so for unidays registeration, should we register with my email id or the students email id. also can a 6th graded student be eligible for the offer?
Any student email ID works. .edu or .ac.in

They don't ask for proof when your email is auto-validated. Your apple account should be your normal email id, and your unidays account would be your student email ID.

Btw UNIDAYS also gives offers on several other brands. I bought a S23U in June/July and missed out on their discount because I did not know.

Any student email ID works. .edu or .ac.in

They don't ask for proof when your email is auto-validated. Your apple account should be your normal email id, and your unidays account would be your student email ID.

Btw UNIDAYS also gives offers on several other brands. I bought a S23U in June/July and missed out on their discount because I did not know.
Student ID will be of my Uncles kid. so I was wondering if that will work or not.

Can confirm, at least Samsung does not check. Just bought the galaxy watch 6 classic 47mm for 30k using student account email (insti has email forwarding facility for alumni).

Im looking for a M2 pro mac mini or a M2 pro Macbook pro. Also open to a mac studio m1 max.
But there seem to be no deals. Base m2 pro Macbook is 1.84L on apple student discount + airpods 3
around 1.7L if you sell airpods.

Also will need apple care so that's extra.

Im looking for a M2 pro mac mini or a M2 pro Macbook pro. Also open to a mac studio m1 max.
But there seem to be no deals. Base m2 pro Macbook is 1.84L on apple student discount + airpods 3
around 1.7L if you sell airpods.

Also will need apple care so that's extra.
remember that the ssd is half as fast as last gen models on the current gen base models

nah it's on the 14 inch MBP too. it's in the LTT Mac Address video:
Base 14” MBP has 3Gbps read and write speed and MBA base model has 1.5Gbps. The MBA gets slower due to its really low storage size and low RW speeds. For full speed advantage, atleast 1TB SSD is needed as this takes full advantage of having dual NANDs.

Back