Purchasing first drone !

Bro.. i have been having this DJI mini 2 with me for more than a year.

If you are travelling then yes, it will comes handy. But as @solo_wing mentioned, it is been an issue if i am flying it in the city.

If u r flying it outside the city, there is not much intereference from others.

there is also a learning curve with handling and composition of it.

Also, DJI Mini2 will only shoot in landscape, so if u r going to use it for reels, then better go for dji mini 3 which can shoot in vertical too. Just my 2 cents.

My priority is not photography or videos, sole purpose only being it will be used as a toy for fun.
If you get it... And which I am sure you will follow it but still my advice ... tell your child not to fly inside home.
One single bad move and it will crash easily into wall or any other obstacles.

And unlike DJI drones these will not have obstacles sensors.

Also some drones that use gps to stabilize at certain heights will get bad signal inside house.

Very common advice I know but hope it helps.

Looking at this map for bangalore the whole city is off limits except for the outskirts. Is that right? :(
If the maps shows red ..it is a no fly zone.

Now by the rules if you go then you cannot fly but if you okay to risk it flying and hoping no one cares to complaint..phir thik hai.

I mean taking short quick videos and photos.
Because I have also used my drone in red zone but took a quick video and got it down.

If the maps shows red ..it is a no fly zone.

Now by the rules if you go then you cannot fly but if you okay to risk it flying and hoping no one cares to complaint..phir thik hai.

I mean taking quick short quick videos and photos.
Because I have also used my drone in red zone but took a quick video and got it down.
It could be useful for quick building inspections for whatever damage in not easily accessible areas.

You can't take off in red using dji app.. ofcourse u can use 3rd party.. just keep that in mind
You are probably right.
But it warns you about it and asks you are you willing to risk it flying in red no fly zone.

Not like it won't fly at all if you accept the consequences.
Maybe the app got updated now and must have become more stringent.

Bro.. i have been having this DJI mini 2 with me for more than a year.

If you are travelling then yes, it will comes handy. But as @solo_wing mentioned, it is been an issue if i am flying it in the city.

If u r flying it outside the city, there is not much intereference from others.

there is also a learning curve with handling and composition of it.

Also, DJI Mini2 will only shoot in landscape, so if u r going to use it for reels, then better go for dji mini 3 which can shoot in vertical too. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for your inputs !
Yes, I am planning to use it while I travel, so its mostly for out of city shoots. Just came in my mind, is there any restriction to carry drone + additional batteries in domestics flights ?

PS: I am a no-reel man :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Thanks for your inputs !
Yes, I am planning to use it while I travel, so its mostly for out of city shoots. Just came in my mind, is there any restriction to carry drone + additional batteries in domestics flights ?

PS: I am a no-reel man :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I think DJI mini 2 will be fine.
As it comes below 250gm.

Which is nano category.
Rest I think it comes to airline to airline.

All airlines have now rules posted on their website for drones too.
Check with them before planning your trip.

There should not be any issue but better to be alert incase some security or airline crew starts acting smart.

Mr Drone in the house !

1708775208513.jpeg

Last edited:
1708776093726.png

Go through this map and zoom in on locations you plan to fly . If it comes under red ..it is not fly zones. Yellow is limited to certain height of flying only and green is completely free fly zones.

Plus there are more details rules ..

Just go through above link and Google for Indian drone flying rules.

Rest is common sense...avoid sensitive places like military or police check posts , observe places where there are not much birds and peoples personal places which are not very private ( you know I mean)

Rest I don't you will have any issues.

Also there are many forums check on Google you will find many Including one officially supported by DJI.

Cannot understand this, seems some kid has drawn it !!!

Yeah and also, I checked for other city like Bengaluru and its the same situation there !
Yes..In India buying a drone is challenging..flying a drone is even more challenging if following legal rules.

But don't think too much about legal things unless in sensitive areas.
Just enjoy your new purchase.

So DJI Mini 2 has height restriction of 120 Meters but this needs to be done everytime the drone is started, as it gets stuck to 15 m.
The process is to reset all settings once the drone is connected, then start the drone again and then the height is set to 120 Meters.
Its little annoying to do this everytime so is there a better or permanent way of doing it ?

Back