Audio 'Puter speakers for <20K

but instead of spending your arms and legs on the gigaworks...it would be better to get something like bookshelves \floor standers +amp

such a setup would cost less than the gigaworks and would surely kick the gigawork to the moon :p

i think Chaos can explain this to you in a better way :)

rockstar1630 said:
Gigaworks s750 eats the z5500 for breakfast, lunch and dinner! 700w rms of shher power. Anyways good decision at the price point. Congrats

And u're a boom lova aren't ya??? :lol:

And an RMS freak!! :lol:

I've heard the Giga/Mega/Tera/n blah and the bass is not only just boomy; the downfiring sub is a pathetic joke;

Get to listen an AudioEngine if u can [The AE2 would fairly do :p] and u'll know what 'bass' is... :|

so would you sound gurus conclude that AE5 is better than Z5500???? and can it be used without an amplifier??? is there any other combo which is gonna sound better at this price point????

Conclusion
If you have a bigger room and enjoy games and movies and love bass then definitely go for the Logitech’s. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them and the sound is by no means terrible. There is no tinniness or distortion. However, my pick is for the Audioengines. For more or less the same price you won’t be unhappy. Sure they don’t go as loud as the Logitech’s but right now I have the volume at 75% on my MBP and about 1/3 on the A5’s. That leaves plenty of room to annoy the neighbors. As I listen to primarily 320 or Lossless, I noticed the difference instantly in the full range of the songs. While I could hear say violin in the past, now I can hear the violinist move their hands along the strings.

The reviewer did not give a thumbs down to the logitech, he sold them for a reason. Yes, I am a logitech fanboi :bleh:

thebanik said:
so would you sound gurus conclude that AE5 is better than Z5500???? and can it be used without an amplifier??? is there any other combo which is gonna sound better at this price point????

well for music the ae5 is better than the Z-5500 & it needs no amp as it has a amp built into it by default :)

Even the z-5500 has a built in amp.. i think one of the reasons for its popularity is that it can take a huge amount of inputs.

Anyways.. all this talk has got me thinking about speakers too, and after all these comments i dont think i will go the z-5500 way

Back