Audio [Q] Denon AVR-1911 setup help

ababrekar

Disciple
Hi all

Attached is the setup which I have currently, failing to find a cable repeater cable which supports the ps3 to eye at that distance, I am forced to connect ps3 to tv and now desire to have the audio routed to avr through arc (if at all possible)
Seek help and guide from experts, thanks

Setup.jpg

No.. tv doesnt support arc or i need to still check. Its although fairly new model of bravia but will check
All this coz of the stupid 10m long extention cable not being available for ps3 eye, else without the camera everything works perfect through avr :(

No ARC in TV = no BD hi-res audio. If you have a digital output you can still get 6-channel surround, and if you have only analog then only 2 channels I'm afraid.

Sorry to bump this thread but can anyone provide a suggestion to achieve this? Want to keep the ps3 with media unit and eye with tv. Distance is approx 30ft
1366691821579.jpg

One option would be to keep your PS3 near tv (This way eye would be reachable to TV) and use a 30ft HDMI cable to connect PS3 to Receiver system.
Need to research for getting this long HDMI cable at a resonable price. You may already be using one to connect receiver to TV.

If it is not possible to keep PS3 near TV then atleast some nearby area from where eye can reach till TV. If Tv is wall mounted and do not have a table to keep PS3 then try to put a shelf on wall above/below/non obstrucvting place near TV for keeping PS3.

One option would be to keep your PS3 near tv (This way eye would be reachable to TV) and use a 30ft HDMI cable to connect PS3 to Receiver system.
Need to research for getting this long HDMI cable at a resonable price. You may already be using one to connect receiver to TV.

If it is not possible to keep PS3 near TV then atleast some nearby area from where eye can reach till TV. If Tv is wall mounted and do not have a table to keep PS3 then try to put a shelf on wall above/below/non obstrucvting place near TV for keeping PS3.
hi. i already have a usb cable laid from receiver till tv which i was using to connect kinect (earlier) although i had to connect a seperate power kit for the kinect cam.. now the problem is thathr is no space in the conduit to pull another hdmi or optical cable.. dont seem to find a seperate power kit for ps3 eye.. will check if i can manage to use the kinect power kit for eye..

hmmm...problem would be ps3 eye do not have any separate power port. USB cable through which it connects to ps3 main system only provides power to eye also. USB extension cable may not work due to longer length.I once tried with a much shorter lengh usb extension cable but it did not worked so suspect it may require some special cable for that long distance. Did you tried using some powered usb hub (with input of hub connected to ps3). I do not have same else would have checked.

hmmm...problem would be ps3 eye do not have any separate power port. USB cable through which it connects to ps3 main system only provides power to eye also. USB extension cable may not work due to longer length.I once tried with a much shorter lengh usb extension cable but it did not worked so suspect it may require some special cable for that long distance. Did you tried using some powered usb hub (with input of hub connected to ps3). I do not have same else would have checked.
Actually even kinect doesnt have seperate power port but i had bought a kit with 2 pin plu connected with 1 female usb and 1 male usb. Female usb of it takes in kinect and the male usb connects to the extention cable (33ft which is already laid) will check on that and report.. ;)

Back