CPU/Mobo Quad Core System

try to find the q6600 on te market itself..ive seen some sellin for as low as 6ks....and couple wid a nice cooler and oc upto 3.4 wid ease...

for mobo..giga ud3r /ud3p / asus p5q /p5q pro/ keep biostar as the last resort..

i thik this wud be a vfm quad intel setup

amd II X4 940 = 10,150

Biostar TA790gxb 128m =5,200

best mobo ever for a less price coz u can do massive oc with this combo of mobo and processor.

& for gfx card you can go in for palit gts250 = 7-7.5 k from pheonix here in TE

definitely fits your budget...look i understand you like intel a lot, but intel is over priced tbh you can get the same performance, in fact a bit better performance with a little less money spent on amd...i'm sure telling you, whoever bought amd x3/4 II with biostar 790gxb is having a run of his life oc'in the system to the core. You can check on TE forums anywhere about this..

but at the end of the day its your money, your choice, your computer :D

you asked for some help/ suggestion thats why people gave you their views, take them or not is totally upto you ;)

manu1991 said:
^ If you bother to look through the thread , everyone except the OP says AMD at this price point is better

I was addressing the OP, and ALL OTHERS who seek new systems with "I only want INTEL no AMD".

tirthankar said:
processor and cars ? :S

had to read ur post twice.. slowly the second to get through ur sms lingo.

in the end.. get wat makes u happy. its ur pc, ur investment, ur enjoyment. we are here just to give advice. so.. :cool2:

ps: any reason behind ur superstition for intel? just curious

nahhh....jst gave tht exmple to bring light on 'Fan boy':)
no reason as such....

VaRz said:
people like intel cuz it sounds better and is more popular :p thats what i think...
No. of Intel Systems > No. of AMD systems [Generally, atleast in India]

hmmmm....nthing lyk tht bro..AMD also seems cool.., isn't it????

manu1991 said:
Point 1 , I am speechless :S

Point 2 , Q8400's availability may be tricky since its fairly new

thnks 4 ur reply bro....abt point 2, i wud say...tht Q8400 is easily available...it's cheap too...abt 9.2k;)

sorry...4 multi-posts...jst saw tht option nw...:ashamed:

To quote mav2000, "Wow man....i have seen some hardcore guys but you my friend have walked away with the cake, the baker, the bakery and the baker's daughter."

@Amien

Lolzzzzzz......I really appreciate ur reply broo.....awesum line yaar...

thnkx for the comment....will rem tht well....

Bastardisation of english, at its finest!

@damn

thnx broo.....nt bad....people did tell me...y u write long sentences....

bt nw i can say.....i known 'sms lingo', ryt tirthankar????

try to find the q6600 on te market itself..ive seen some sellin for as low as 6ks....and couple wid a nice cooler and oc upto 3.4 wid ease...

for mobo..giga ud3r /ud3p / asus p5q /p5q pro/ keep biostar as the last resort..

i thik this wud be a vfm quad intel setup

@ankitmane

hmmmm...sry bro...m nt intrstd in buying used ones....:)

neways...thnx for the reply...:)

AMD Phenom II X4 940 B.E. @ 10.8k

Biostar TA790GXB A3+ Mobo @ 5.8k

Kingston/Transcend 2*2=4GB DDR2 800MHz @ 2.4k

Corsair VX450W @ 3.9k

Palit GTX260 SONIC @ 11k

STRONGLY suggest this. AND WTH is wrong with you guys, INTEL INTEL what intel pays you for this?

lolzzz....if i ws paid....i wud hav bought CORE i7:eek:hyeah:

amd II X4 940 = 10,150

Biostar TA790gxb 128m =5,200

best mobo ever for a less price coz u can do massive oc with this combo of mobo and processor.

& for gfx card you can go in for palit gts250 = 7-7.5 k from pheonix here in TE

definitely fits your budget...look i understand you like intel a lot, but intel is over priced tbh you can get the same performance, in fact a bit better performance with a little less money spent on amd...i'm sure telling you, whoever bought amd x3/4 II with biostar 790gxb is having a run of his life oc'in the system to the core. You can check on TE forums anywhere about this..

but at the end of the day its your money, your choice, your computer

you asked for some help/ suggestion thats why people gave you their views, take them or not is totally upto you

@comp@ddict, @sharangaba, anirudh n all

hmmm...HERE comes the reply...u all have been w8ing 4 after all des posts....

well i truly lyked wht u all said abt AMD Phenom X4 940...

tht seems great....n offers good perfrmance...i was in big trouble after reading thm all as m 1 n u guys abt 14...hehehe...n was badly confused as lot many changes have already been done on the config.

I did lil research work...read some reviews....two of them are

Q8400 stronger than the Phenom II quads when OC'ed over 3 Ghz?

AnandTech: The Core 2 Quad Q8400: Intel's $183 Phenom II 940 Competitor

after reading the stuffs n all it's replies....it's clear that AMD Phenom offers 6-7% more perfrmnce....bt at 12.9% higher costs...

SOME tests results were as follows...

SYSMark 2007 Overall

Amd Phenom x4 940 > Intel Q8400 6.4%

Adobe Photoshop CS4 Performance

Intel Q8400 >Amd Phenom x4 940 11.2%

DivX 8.5.3 with Xmpeg 5.0.3

Amd Phenom x4 940 > Intel Q8400 < 1%

x264 HD Video Encoding Performance

Amd Phenom x4 940 > Intel Q8400 9.8%

Windows Media Encoder 9 x64 Advanced Profile

Amd Phenom x4 940 > Intel Q8400 6.25%

3dsmax 9 - SPECapc 3dsmax CPU Rendering Test

Amd Phenom x4 940 > Intel Q8400 1.88%

Cinebench R10

Amd Phenom x4 940 > Intel Q8400 7.9%

POV-Ray 3.73 beta 23 Ray Tracing Performance

Amd Phenom x4 940 > Intel Q8400 5.19%

Gaming :

Amd Phenom x4 940 > Intel Q8400 5-10%

Blender 2.48a

Intel Q8400 >Amd Phenom x4 940 13%

Excel

Intel Q8400 >Amd Phenom x4 940 6%

n many other tests

They show that Amd Phenom X4 940 leads Intel's Q8400 by 6-7% roughly. Though Intel consumes more power in under load condition...bt less power in Load condition.

Huhh...after going through all this stuff....i think that for mee....6-7% doesn't matters....as wht m using presently is nthing in comparison 2 it(Don't ask:ashamed:)...budget is tight...and seeing my utility......Intel Q8400 seems my choice...though i don't say..phenom's bad...it's gud, esp in high-end games and graphic applications....

I'll nt OC it nww...may b after an yr or soo....whn i'll feel the need for it.....:)

ABOUT upgradation path.....hopefully...i'll not be using Desktop's in cuming yrs....will buy a lappy soon in cuming 2yrs....so may b...thn it's AMD Lappy:)....

n if this seemd prob, n i req. more, i'll upgrade my GPU denn...:)

Biostar TP45D2-A7(5.6k) seems cool...as it's cheapest P45 mobo...n offer's gud OC...

suggestions/alternatives/comments r welcum....

Thanks

Sagar:)

Back