Quake 3 CPMA 1.32 released

IceFusion

Skilled
This series introduces the first significant set of gameplay changes since the adoption of PM2 as the official ruleset over 2 years ago, with the main points being the re-promotion of the LG to "top tier weapon" status, a little more beef to the RG, and the redesign of the GL as a precision harrassment and blocking weapon rather than just a source of mindless spam.
Huge thanks to the Design team and all the players who helped with beta testing over the last few months. Although most people never see more than a fraction of the amount of work that goes into a major release, it's just staggering how much time, energy, thought, discussion and playtesting they take.

As with all major releases, I expect we'll be taking a month or so off to recharge, and to spend time simply enjoying playing the game without having to analyze it.

With the gameplay hopefully now settled for at least another couple of years, we'll just be looking at general features for a while. I expect we'll do a maintenance release sometime in July to address any bugs that show up, and if time permits I'm planning on updating the entire UI then as well since it's definitely showing its age.

I'm uploading the packages now: the full build is a whopping 118MB and will take hours, so the best thing to do is get the 1.31 release and all the map packs if you don't already have them, then just grab the 1.32 upgrade package which is only 1MB and already available. :clap:

Dload at www.promode.org

Back