Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Elite (8 gen 4) announced with massive performance boost

khamosh

Disciple
The Snapdragon 8 Elite has a new Oryon CPU that's made for phones. It has 2 Prime cores that can go up to 4.32GHz and 6 Performance cores that can go up to 3.53GHz.

The upcoming Snapdragon 8 Gen 4 (Snapdragon 8 Elite) features Oryon cores, deviating from the traditional Cortex cores used in previous generations. This shift is expected to yield significant improvements in efficiency and processing power, as demonstrated by the successful integration of Oryon cores in the Snapdragon X Elite for laptops.

Xiaomi 15 will be the first device to launch with this processor.
Consequently, there is a strong likelihood that the S25U will exhibit improved battery life compared to its predecessor S24U.

Last edited:
Comparing Antutu scores between Snapdragon (Android) and iPhone chips is like comparing apples and oranges. They use different technologies for their GPUs, so it's not really a fair comparison.

Yeah, the Gen 4 is definitely powerful, no doubt about that.

Comparing Antutu scores between Snapdragon (Android) and iPhone chips is like comparing apples and oranges. They use different technologies for their GPUs, so it's not really a fair comparison.

Yeah, the Gen 4 is definitely powerful, no doubt about that.
Always with the shifting goal posts with apple... How about fps? Is that a good enough comparison?

Always with the shifting goal posts with apple... How about fps? Is that a good enough comparison?
I'm not a fanboy or anything, but I just want to say that AnTuTu is not the benchmark we should use to compare Androids and iPhones. Geekbench is the closest we can get when comparing the two chips.

I know this is almost 40% faster than the 8 gen 3 and it will have a great gaming experience too.

Insane efficiency increase over SD 8 gen 3, BIG core ST efficiency close to Apple A16 pro, still lower than A18 pro, MT efficiency/performance better than A18 pro. little cores still lagging behind slightly, but absolutely obliterates Apple in GPU efficiency/performance. Real world gaming testes show it consumes fewer watts compared to iPhone 16 pro in most scenarios.

Last edited:
Back