Queries on installation of split AC

sri_k

Adept
Guys,Bought the sharp 1.1ton AH13LV model for 32k from vijay sales..Delivery is yet to be done,since we never had a split ac before,i have few queries to fellow members..
Apart from the installation,what are the necessary things to be done like vacuuming which i read in one thread,is it necessary?
Since i have zero knowledge on installation,any other things which i need to be careful about?

Also using a MCB a good option??

Vaccuming,Gas Pressure Check and good Godrej Boyece L outdoor stand is necessary. Try to keep the out door unit away from direct sunlight and use air conditioning duct tapes over the copper tube sponge.[DOUBLEPOST=1369375377][/DOUBLEPOST]Use a good a MCB and starter Switches from North West are best.

I will be watching this thread.

Btw who does the AC installation, indoor and outdoor units and also the drilling of hole to make space for the wires and pipes that run from outdoor to indoor unit ?
Do the company people do it or need to call someone from outside ?

Btw who does the AC installation, indoor and outdoor units and also the drilling of hole to make space for the wires and pipes that run from outdoor to indoor unit ?

Last time when I bought Panasonic split AC, service guy who came for installation did the hole in wall for wires and pipes to run from outdoor to indoor unit...

But make sure completely cover all essential item with cover like PC and that bcoz drilling in whole make room full of small particles from brick ..

And do make sure about vacuuming line and pressure check...

Call the customer care & ask for installation. If they dont do for free then pay but do through them.

Local guys who just have idea of replacing cable line can not install AC. Company person checks for pressure, vaccum check, efficiency etc.
Approx cost - 1500 Rs

Vaccuming,Gas Pressure Check and good Godrej Boyece L outdoor stand is necessary. Try to keep the out door unit away from direct sunlight and use air conditioning duct tapes over the copper tube sponge.[DOUBLEPOST=1369375377][/DOUBLEPOST]Use a good a MCB and starter Switches from North West are best.

Thanks for the reply..Should i ask them do these or are they done by installation guys?REgarding the outdoor unit,i will keep that in mind to avoid direct sunlight..

I have zeroed on indokopp MCB,was browsing&found that C curve MCB has to be used for an AC?Am i correct?

Call the customer care & ask for installation. If they dont do for free then pay but do through them.

Local guys who just have idea of replacing cable line can not install AC. Company person checks for pressure, vaccum check, efficiency etc.
Approx cost - 1500 Rs
Thanks..the installation charges are quoted rs1500&few others are mentioned...I called up customercare&when i asked regarding this mcb installation,seems they wont be doing it&i need get this done by local electrician..

Thanks for the reply..Should i ask them do these or are they done by installation guys?REgarding the outdoor unit,i will keep that in mind to avoid direct sunlight..

I have zeroed on indokopp MCB,was browsing&found that C curve MCB has to be used for an AC?Am i correct?

They will try not to Vaccum and put the duct tape,make sure they do it otherwise look for another installer. Vacuuming is ultra and the most important part of Inverter AC fitment having R410a refrigerant gas. If you dont do it your gas will leak in due time. Make sure to check the gas pressure after a 10 minute ac operation after installation and last but not the leasts get the copper tubes duct taped and use a Godrej Boyece quality Outdoor L stand.

North West are best. I cant comment on IndoKopp.I remember them as our tenant [office] once ,thats all.

They will try not to Vaccum and put the duct tape,make sure they do it otherwise look for another installer. Vacuuming is ultra and the most important part of Inverter AC fitment having R410a refrigerant gas. If you dont do it your gas will leak in due time. Make sure to check the gas pressure after a 10 minute ac operation after installation and last but not the leasts get the copper tubes duct taped and use a Godrej Boyece quality Outdoor L stand.

North West are best. I cant comment on IndoKopp.I remember them as our tenant [office] once ,thats all.

Thanks mate..Regarding the vaccuming part,if the installer refuses stating not needed,should i call another installer??

Will it void warranty if i call my own installer??Anyways am hoping to get good service from sharp..Was going to buy panasonic inverter,since the sharp AC's had some good reviews by a fellow member of TE, i bought it..

I checked out north west MCB's looks good on specs..What to use between these SP or DP type??

Thanks to fellow members for taking time&replying to this thread...

When the sharp installer told me on phone that he does not have the vacuum pump i told him not to come & emailed sharp , then they sent some other installer who brought the pump , they did not ahve the grey insulation tape so i had to get the tape applied from some other AC repair guy for Rs 450 . This insulation tape usually comes with the AC installation kit ( not available with sharp kit ) & has no adhesive on it.

Thanks mate..Regarding the vaccuming part,if the installer refuses stating not needed,should i call another installer??

Will it void warranty if i call my own installer??Anyways am hoping to get good service from sharp..Was going to buy panasonic inverter,since the sharp AC's had some good reviews by a fellow member of TE, i bought it..

I checked out north west MCB's looks good on specs..What to use between these SP or DP type??

Thanks to fellow members for taking time&replying to this thread...

Better mail Sharp for a new installer or call up the Toll free number and mention your problem. No Vacuum = No Installation .

MCB = http://north-west.wipro.com/Products/GnextMCBsGnext/MCBSelectionChart.aspx

When the sharp installer told me on phone that he does not have the vacuum pump i told him not to come & emailed sharp , then they sent some other installer who brought the pump , they did not ahve the grey insulation tape so i had to get the tape applied from some other AC repair guy for Rs 450 . This insulation tape usually comes with the AC installation kit ( not available with sharp kit ) & has no adhesive on it.

Thanks for notifying me about this vaccum thing issue,i will make sure that installer gets the vaccum pump..Regarding the performance of the AC,could you let me know hows the AC been performing,have you purchased the same inverter model??[DOUBLEPOST=1369515126][/DOUBLEPOST]
Better mail Sharp for a new installer or call up the Toll free number and mention your problem. No Vacuum = No Installation .

MCB = http://north-west.wipro.com/Products/GnextMCBsGnext/MCBSelectionChart.aspx

Thanks bro....:)

For a city like Mumbai, where we are really fortunate to have a stable voltage and reliable power supply, I don't think you should worry too much about the type of MCB to be used. I mean the chances of MCB tripping will be very rare and believe me you'll find it pretty hard to find a specific type MCB in local shop. You have to visit Lohar chawl to get them. I will also like to add that you have very good bargaining skills. The advertised price for Sharp 1.1ton inverter at Vijay sales is 36990/- with 5% cash back on credit cards but you got it for 32k, that's amazing.
Chances are that the installer will come from Sion dharavi area and I am pretty sure that unless u put your foot down they will come without vacuum pump. I had a hard time getting my AC installed from them but the boy they sent was co-operative so at the end it was ok.

Vijay sales allows people to bargain? Whenever I went there (sometimes in nirlon hub, or infinity mall or in vasai) they said price was fixed and didn't budge. So never bought anything from them.

For a city like Mumbai, where we are really fortunate to have a stable voltage and reliable power supply, I don't think you should worry too much about the type of MCB to be used. I mean the chances of MCB tripping will be very rare and believe me you'll find it pretty hard to find a specific type MCB in local shop. You have to visit Lohar chawl to get them. I will also like to add that you have very good bargaining skills. The advertised price for Sharp 1.1ton inverter at Vijay sales is 36990/- with 5% cash back on credit cards but you got it for 32k, that's amazing.
Chances are that the installer will come from Sion dharavi area and I am pretty sure that unless u put your foot down they will come without vacuum pump. I had a hard time getting my AC installed from them but the boy they sent was co-operative so at the end it was ok.

I am not sure if i have good bargaining skills,all i told them i need to purchase a 1ton split urgently,he showed all models available,though i knew their sales advisors have their own discounted price,if you have noticed some of them refer to their catlog or some white paper which is the actual discounted or final price..

I asked for the last price&i got for 32k..:)
Even my apartment has MCB installed in mains,but i thought it still better than normal 3pin socket..

Vijay sales allows people to bargain? Whenever I went there (sometimes in nirlon hub, or infinity mall or in vasai) they said price was fixed and didn't budge. So never bought anything from them.

Probably they dont bargain on certain products,like LED' TV's since i told them i would be interested in buying the samsung F series model they refused to give any discounts..

I don't think you should worry too much about the type of MCB to be used. I mean the chances of MCB tripping will be very rare and believe me you'll find it pretty hard to find a specific type MCB in local shop.
People use MCBs with ACs as an ON/OFF switch, not for safety. The reason for specific MCBs is because some of them might detect a startup inrush as an overload and falsely trip.

Guys,got the AC delivered today,the sharp guy came but he said it was an pre-inspection visit..He took all necessary measurement..Dont they install on the same day?

I asked about the vaccuming,he said not necessary,he said that they do self vaccuming(i dont know what he meant),still i insisted him to get the vaccuming thing to be done,he said no need in a harsh way&said we do several installations so we know what are necessary things...

Now i dont whether to do this installation with these guys,tried calling customercare it was waste...

By self vacuuming they probably mean they will leak a small amount of refrigerant through the lines to flush out the air. Its not the same thing.

Back