Queries on installation of split AC

Even these are supposed to go inside the wall cavities. I've seen places where these are mounted on the wall, probably because the wall cavity wasn't large enough.

Even these are supposed to go inside the wall cavities. I've seen places where these are mounted on the wall, probably because the wall cavity wasn't large enough.

Even mine is not going to be concealed inside the wall,will have to get mounted on wall.

.Also one query,the AC is currently being installed using another 2.5mm wire,since the cable length provided by sharp doesnt reach the socket,so i had purchased another 1m cable&guy joined it using the PVC tape..

Is this setup okay?

Yeah forgot to add - do it only if there are user accessible screw terminals for the wire to connect to.

The Sharp has a side panel cover for the electrical wire, so I assumed there must be a screw terminal block underneath the cover.

Yeah forgot to add - do it only if there are user accessible screw terminals for the wire to connect to.

The Sharp has a side panel cover for the electrical wire, so I assumed there must be a screw terminal block underneath the cover.

Thanks sire for patiently replying to my queries..:) I asked the technician guy,if he would be ready to replace the wire,but he said that there are installations where they join the copper pipes,cable wires if its more than 12ft&still there is no effect on cooling..

What i thought till then is if i could create a parallel connection from existing 16A socket to new AC socket&remove the second extension of wire joined using pvc tape??

Can we conceal these sockets inside the wall by purchasing only required plug&socket as accessory?
no, the one in the pic is a complete setup. and this model shouldn't be installed outside of the wall cavity. when you look at one, you'll understand why.

actually, that model is archaic. why don't you get a modular socket and an MCB to go along with it? all the top accessories companies make them. no need to buy this old model. i have it in my house because my electrician is from 1800s and he uses steam locomotive for his daily commute.

there are installations where they join the copper pipes,cable wires if its more than 12ft&still there is no effect on cooling..

What i thought till then is if i could create a parallel connection from existing 16A socket to new AC socket&remove the second extension of wire joined using pvc tape??
The cable length won't affect cooling. Its just that spliced wires tend to be simply hand twisted and wrapped up in tape by the average electrician, and IMHO such joints are not safe. Yeah you can draw a parallel wire to a socket closer to the AC.

actually, that model is archaic. why don't you get a modular socket and an MCB to go along with it?
It may be archaic, but these sockets are way better built than the plasticky modular sockets going around.

no, the one in the pic is a complete setup. and this model shouldn't be installed outside of the wall cavity. when you look at one, you'll understand why.

actually, that model is archaic. why don't you get a modular socket and an MCB to go along with it? all the top accessories companies make them. no need to buy this old model. i have it in my house because my electrician is from 1800s and he uses steam locomotive for his daily commute.

As mentioned by our fellow member mod,am going for this socket just for long term durablity..Dont know if the same durability,reliability would be provided by mcb sockets similar to havells dboxx..:)

The cable length won't affect cooling. Its just that spliced wires tend to be simply hand twisted and wrapped up in tape by the average electrician, and IMHO such joints are not safe. Yeah you can draw a parallel wire to a socket closer to the AC.

It may be archaic, but these sockets are way better built than the plasticky modular sockets going around.
Will get a parallel connection done from existing socket&bring it closer to the AC...:)

Guys,
Am uploading the installation pics,sorry for poor quality,taken from mobile..I have used the AC for only 3days for nearly 4~5hrs..Now regarding the cooling,i have observed its taking some more time to cool the room,this is the case when i switch on jet cool function,then i tried decreasing the temprature still it takes it own sweet time..

Do split AC's take some more time to cool the room compared to windows?

Is the installation being done properly? IMG_20130612_143152.jpgIMG_20130612_143235.jpgIMG_20130612_143327.jpgIMG_20130612_143152.jpgIMG_20130612_143235.jpgIMG_20130612_143327.jpg

Adding to the discussion .... I got a regular split from Samsung installed in 2010. It was used for the last two years but not this year. Though I did run it for ~1-2 hrs last week. The cooling was not as its suppose to be.

Now when the AC was installed it was not vacuumed usug a pump. I specifically remember this since they simply connected the outdoor unit after checking for leaks. I don't know if they even checked the pressure of the refrigerant.

Now what are my options to keep it running next year. I've seen few installations earlier but never came across a technician who follows procedure like this

I don't know if there is any damage to the unit already...

Adding to the discussion .... I got a regular split from Samsung installed in 2010. It was used for the last two years but not this year. Though I did run it for ~1-2 hrs last week. The cooling was not as its suppose to be.

Now when the AC was installed it was not vacuumed usug a pump. I specifically remember this since they simply connected the outdoor unit after checking for leaks. I don't know if they even checked the pressure of the refrigerant.

Now what are my options to keep it running next year. I've seen few installations earlier but never came across a technician who follows procedure like this

I don't know if there is any damage to the unit already...

Did you clean both your indor and outdoor unit regularly or not?..

It's not require service guy if you have not done it yet...

A.C off all our company come under my department ,most AC have cleaning problem and some have gas leakage problem....
So do regular cleaning of AC it's must...

^.. Its clean, The AC is in my brother's room & he is in Dubai since last year.. before leaving it was thoroughly cleaned & then a plastic was wrapped on both indoor & outdoor unit.... Not used since last summer

Back