Queries on installation of split AC

Is this vaccuming only applicable to inverter based ACs or any normal split AC ?
Also is the duct take part of the kit or need to be bought separately ? Also anyone has any pic of where the duct tape goes ? The entire length of pipe from the outdoor unit to indoor unit ?

Guys,got the AC delivered today,the sharp guy came but he said it was an pre-inspection visit..He took all necessary measurement..Dont they install on the same day?

I asked about the vaccuming,he said not necessary,he said that they do self vaccuming(i dont know what he meant),still i insisted him to get the vaccuming thing to be done,he said no need in a harsh way&said we do several installations so we know what are necessary things...

Now i dont whether to do this installation with these guys,tried calling customercare it was waste...

Mail Sharp,referring the situation and the installation Company's name.

Mail Sharp,referring the situation and the installation Company's name.

Called customercare,another installer told the same thing about self vaccum stating its not required for 12feet of pipes,but i was admant&he has agreed eventually..Need to see whether the installation guy comes tomorrow with the vaccum pump..

Saw that link mate..came to know drawbacks of avoiding the vaccum..Also saw the installation process on youtube,they have mentioned vaccuming an important procedure to be done..It was by LG..

A note regarding installation,the sharp team sent senior technician from their team,the guy came with all required tools..
He did the vaccum thing,also informed why is it necessary,he started with self vaccum then proceeded with vaccuming of ODU..
He checked for any leakage,showed the product demo...Overall satisfied with the installation process..:)

So whats a self vacuum?
As you stated in your earlier post,he let out some refrigerant from the ODU pass so that removes any dirt,air&then proceeded with vaccuming...:)[DOUBLEPOST=1369914330][/DOUBLEPOST]
He must have sucked the air in copper pipe with his mouth I think. :eek:
nope..as i mentioned in the post above he let out the refrigerant from the ODU..:)Wonder why they call they it self vaccum?? :confused:[DOUBLEPOST=1369914559][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am planning to get a normal split 1.5 ton ac.does it require vacuuming too ? I think window ac doesn't require this process.
Any split AC requires vaccuming&now i know its importance...

I thank the fellow members of TE for taking time&replying to this thread...:)[DOUBLEPOST=1369925834][/DOUBLEPOST]Now regarding the MCB use,can i use mini MCB in a normal 16A 3pin socket??I am looking for somewhat similar to this setup..
http://www.havells.com/productdetails.aspx?s=572

But instead of havells mcb, iam planning to use another brand..

As you stated in your earlier post,he let out some refrigerant from the ODU pass so that removes any dirt,air&then proceeded with vaccuming
That's not a good practice either, and outlawed in many countries. I hope he checked refrigerant pressure and refilled if necessary.

Now regarding the MCB use,can i use mini MCB in a normal 16A 3pin socket??I am looking for somewhat similar to this setup..
http://www.havells.com/productdetails.aspx?s=572
Yes you can. But ACs tend to use a better socket than the normal 15A 3 pin socket :

BTW isn't the AC already installed?

That's not a good practice either, and outlawed in many countries. I hope he checked refrigerant pressure and refilled if necessary.

Yes you can. But ACs tend to use a better socket than the normal 15A 3 pin socket :

BTW isn't the AC already installed?

No ,he didnt check the gas pressure..I have seen those sockets,right now the AC is being connected with normal 15A 3pin socket with plug...

Else do i need to purchase the one in the image above??What are these sockets known as?

Oops didnt notice that you already said said yes you can..somewhat reminds me of obama's anthem..:p

The Havells dboxx is a normal 15A 3 pin socket, connected to an MCB and packaged neatly in a box. You can add the MCB to your existing socket itself and get the same thing. Its probably better to get the one in the image above (I'm not sure what the socket type is called) since its a lot more well built.

^^ Can anyone in this forum help me in regards to what the Gas pressure for Sharp XP13LV should be? I am aware that it should contain 710gms of R410 gas, but not sure at what psi. Is there a standard pressure rating for ACs from all brands (of course, depending on the tonnage)? For example: All 1 ton AC's should have gas pressure within XXX range? If anyone has any idea about the pressure, kindly reply.

I came to think about these questions as I got two Sharp XP13LV's installed recently and the installation guys from Sharp attached a standalone compressor after vacuuming both the AC's for about 30 mins. I did not ask them why a compressor was needed. I just hope they did not extract some of the R410 gas from my machines. :(:(. Though both of them are performing pretty well, I noticed that one of them which has to service a larger room of about 150 sq ft area (as compared to the other room which is about 130 sq ft) is taking more amount of time to cool than it used to for the last two months. My parents were using it at not more than 27 deg C and the 150 sq ft room and the room got chilled in 10-15 mins. For the last week or so, it is taking more time to cool the same room even after decreasing the temp to 25 deg.

I might call Sharp customer care and arrange for a check up of the amount of gas and the pressure that is present currently. So, I am looking for some info about the ideal pressure of the gas.

^^ Can anyone in this forum help me in regards to what the Gas pressure for Sharp XP13LV should be? I am aware that it should contain 710gms of R410 gas, but not sure at what psi.

Sharp AH-XP13LV

Operating Pressure :
High: 4.15 MPa
Low: 2.50 MPa

1 megapascal (1 MPa ≡ 1,000,000 Pa)

Hope it helps.

Sharp AH-XP13LV

Operating Pressure :
High: 4.15 MPa
Low: 2.50 MPa

1 megapascal (1 MPa ≡ 1,000,000 Pa)

Hope it helps.

Thanks Rishi !! This amounts to a range to 360-600 psi after conversion. I think this is way too much. On an average, the pressure range is between 60 (running) -120(static) psi. Please correct me if my assumptions are incorrect (I haven't googled yet ;) ). Can you also kindly tell the source of the pressure range you have mentioned for 13LV?

Do you also have any info about the practice of attaching a compressor while installing? Is it really needed?

The Havells dboxx is a normal 15A 3 pin socket, connected to an MCB and packaged neatly in a box. You can add the MCB to your existing socket itself and get the same thing. Its probably better to get the one in the image above (I'm not sure what the socket type is called) since its a lot more well built.

Okay, i will purchase the socket..I will be more than happy if its good for overall longterm life of the AC..:)

The only downside is, it may not be concealed inside the wall..

Back