Queries on Tally 9 ERP

raksrules

Elite
Does anyone here use tally 9 ERP at their home / office ? Have some queries on the same.
How much does a personal license of tally 9 ERP cost ?
Also can it be resold ?
My dad may want to get official tally 9 ERP on his machine and I think he got quote of 18k or so but one of our relatives told he would sell his copy to us for 10k, not sure if this can be done.

Anyone has any know any information on tally x9 ERP please let me know. Also where can I get best deal (cheapest) way to get Tally 9 ERP.

Tally 9 ERP comes in a couple of flavours- Silver ( single user) around 10k, Gold ( Multi user) around 18k and Auditor version ( around 8k).
Going by the laptop thread you had created in earlier, I guess you are going to install the same in that laptop. So go for a Silver edition. The price difference varies around 500 from distri to distri. Not sure of rates. If you are going repurchase from you relative, then you can call the tally fellas to come and install as it involves transferring the reg file from one computer to your laptop. It sometimes involves the internet. But this is good if your relative is selling you gold version, silver version is costing the same.

Also remember, the laptop should have full access to internet, as tally checks the key data from time to time, failing which it reverts to Educational version.

Ok so after trying ahem version and all, i think we will have to buy original Tally 9 ERP software.
The retail price of the same from tally themselves is 18k INR for the silver single user edition.
But one agent that my dad knows who deals in Tally software for last few years said he can resell a license to him for 10K, it shall be all official and the software license will now be in my dad's name.

Anyone has any better ideas ?

Sounds shady to me. I know because I have recently done some research and bought a license for my dad's office. I too paid somewhere around 18k.

tally silver costs 18k for 1user
and gold costs 54k for multiple user..
now in gold the no of multiple users are not defined, so i think that agent of 10k will install gold version
http://www.tallysolutions.com/tallyweb/modules/sd/docmgmt/CMktPlaceHomepageWIC.php

I talked with Tally people and they told me that transfer of ownership is possible. We are going to get the silver version single user for 10k mostly and it will be officially transferred to my dad's name. There is also a 3 Hour training as well.

Back