queries regarding sunflame glass top- 4 burner

connect

Disciple
ok , i dont know where to put this thread , so i put it here

i recently bought a sunflame crystal glass cook top with 4 burners , crystal SS Welcome to Sunflame

2nd model from top

my question is after cooking lunch or dinner whenever its used for more than 30 mins at a stretch , the glass top get heated up so much that i fear it will crack some day ,

is it true it will crack , the companies claim it to be very resistant with 8 mm glass , but still i wud like to know people;s general info on this whether or not the glass top is good enough to survive the heat?

its too hot cant even touch it

so please guys please advise

didn't you think before buying? any glass toughened or not will crack one day with heat and stress. Then problem of cleaning up the mess it leaves behind will crop up.

You should have bought the normal stainless steel one.

Guys it wont crack...its toughened, its pretty strong, has high resistance..so many people use glass tops..

Its no biggie..

Out maid regularly spills boiling tea on it..no damage done..

6pack said:
didn't you think before buying? any glass toughened or not will crack one day with heat and stress. Then problem of cleaning up the mess it leaves behind will crop up.

You should have bought the normal stainless steel one.
many people are buying glass tops only these days AFAIK , as they r more sleek and also complement the look of ur kitchen , i also bought thinking so , and it really did save a lot of kitchen space from our earlier steel 2 burner ,

i dont know whether it will crack or not , but i m worried after reading ur post , hope it lasts atleast 5-6 years :p

Well my aunt has a faber glass one the surface gets quite hot,since most of the burners are triple ring sabaf burners.
I myself have a fabter 3 buner SS steel costed 12k and a glen 4 burner costed 8k.
The quality of faber higher range models are quite good,sunflame,glen aren't that good.

Get a 2 burner one for big vessels and one induction for small vessels.

^ i already have bought it man!! the sunflame 4 burner , glass top , now worried that it might break off some day!

hpe it lasts a good time

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

^ the sunflame one has 8 mm glass top as per website, and i suppose its quite tough

Its is very difficult to crack the toughened glass.The cookware glass is made to withstand extreme temperature variations. Also they are physically tough. But to declare they will withstand anything is i suppose taking things a bit far.

My previous Cooktop from Glen Did crack when the maid bumped hot cooker on the top. The cost of replacement was almost 40% of the price of new one. So my suggestion is dont fret over it all time only dont be too rough on the glass.

toughened glasses are very hard to break..

they dont get cracked and even when got broken, they dont crack and get broken like normal glass (i.e. having pointed edges)

they break down as a crystals which as a result reduces chances of accidents (getting pinned in your body)

go to youtube and search "breaking toughened glass".. U can find the demo of its strenght...

freshseasons1 said:
Its is very difficult to crack the toughened glass.The cookware glass is made to withstand extreme temperature variations. Also they are physically tough. But to declare they will withstand anything is i suppose taking things a bit far.

My previous Cooktop from Glen Did crack when the maid bumped hot cooker on the top. The cost of replacement was almost 40% of the price of new one. So my suggestion is dont fret over it all time only dont be too rough on the glass.

No it wont withstand anything, but quite a few times(atleast 10) sturdier than normal glass ..

Yeah i guess a cooker is the heaviest utensil in a kitchen, so bad luck for u :p

But hot cold things falling wont have an effect on it..

Bumping an age old topic.

My old sunflame stainless steel cooktop is at end of its life.All the burner shuts when flame is reduced.

I cant recall but this one have been abused alot and still it lasted more than 15 years.

Now plan is to buy new.

Since this is not a product which you buy every couple of year.My knowledge regarding this is zero.

Now i was planning to go for 4 gas burner but i might shift to my new home sooner or later where already we have aq hob fitted.There might a situation arise that i have to part this new burner so no point spending too much on it.

So i might stick to 3 burner.

Was reading about sunflame modelswith toughend glass.And just read in this thread that the surrounding parts heats up alot.

SO now should i stick with same or again should i go with stainless steel.

We have PNG connection so once i buy needs to do modification to parts.

Also which companies i should look for apart from sunflame.

Do they provide warranty for 5 years or more .

How is faber .Is it an indian company?

Also are there any old return exchange offer on any company models.

My budget is anything between 3-8k.But would like to settle below 6k .

burner shutting off when flame is reduced = 1. the iron burner is clogged with iron particles, and you need to clean it. Or 2.- the regulation knob might have gone bad, and you can replace them for around 50 bucks from the local gas dealer.

both these things can be done at home if you know how to remove nuts and bolts and screws.

6pack its done.

I did a thorough inspection and found out the burner has developed vents from where the gas escapes.The option for that too correct is welding.Which i dont want to risk because any uneven welding might cause some reverse effect.

Also come on its already 15 years+.I dont want to over abuse and wait for some bigger damage.

6pack its done.

I did a thorough inspection and found out the burner has developed vents from where the gas escapes.The option for that too correct is welding.Which i dont want to risk because any uneven welding might cause some reverse effect.

Also come on its already 15 years+.I dont want to over abuse and wait for some bigger damage.

oh, didn't know that. in that case get a new one.

personally i feel the 4 burner designs are odd though. keeping the back burners directly in line with front burners = possibility of getting burnt if the front burners are occupied by cooker or large vessels. i saw this happen on a channel, when a cook was showing some dishes and almost got a burn when his arm touched the edge of one of the hot utensils in front.

Hmm thats an interesting point.

So 4 burner design is out.

Now come to 3 burner stuffs..lol

Any company you would favour.

I was checking koovs.And it had all prestrige.But my mom said she had enquired in past with a dealer who suggested except cookers prestige items doesnt last long and also in most cases ir-repairable hence they avoid selling those.Dont know how much true is it.

Back