Android Queries related to Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Nexus 7 (which unfortunately is dead currently). I have a folio type case on it and when i close the case, the nexus 7 screen turns off and locks and when I open the cover (like a book), nexus 7 screen lights up and I have to then unlock the tablet. This is all fine.
Is there any way If i want to achieve the functionality that when I close the case cover, the screen should not go blank or should not lock at all. Say for example I am playing a video in MX player (or any random software), if i close the cover the tablet should still continue playing the video and may be screen also should remain lit.
Possible ?
How did it die?

Finally rooted nexus 7. Used the nexus root toolkit instead of all confusing manual steps.
Now I want to use 2 apps simultaneously on my nexus 7, something like multi window which Samsung offers. I read an article that we can install Xposed framework and install Xmultiwindow to do so. I did but the apps don't work in multi window mode and I see only one app at a time on screen.
I am on 4.4.4 if that matters. Any incompatibility issues ?

Edit: it worked but is glitchy.

Last edited:
Finally rooted nexus 7. Used the nexus root toolkit instead of all confusing manual steps.
Now I want to use 2 apps simultaneously on my nexus 7, something like multi window which Samsung offers. I read an article that we can install Xposed framework and install Xmultiwindow to do so. I did but the apps don't work in multi window mode and I see only one app at a time on screen.
I am on 4.4.4 if that matters. Any incompatibility issues ?

Edit: it worked but is glitchy.

Hello @raksrules,

Good to know your Nexus 7 is working good now after that little hitch regarding the battery charging a while back. Now regarding the rooting, did you follow a guide/ video of sorts? If you did, can you kindly share the link to it. The reason being I have never really indulged in rooting devices before so don't want to accidentally brick my Nexus 7 if I decide to root it sometime soon.

Also, rooting the device... what was your primary reason for doing it? Any significant benefits??

@Black_Hawk

I suggest you to use the nexus root kit only if you don't want to do it in complex way. It is an application you download to your PC and then using it you can backup your apps and settings and data. Then root it and restore all settings etc.
Download the app and open it and see. It is sort of wizard based. I don't have access to it for now so cannot tell much.
I wanted to install adaway and screen standby apps which require root.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back