CPU/Mobo Query:: Asus Z68 M Pro/V LE + Vengeance + 212 evo

rakesh_ic

ex-Mod
Hi all,

After a lot of research considering the price factor, i have rounded off onto 2 models both from Asus - Z68 M pro and Z68 V LE

I am a single/double (maximum) HDD user, i dont bother the SATA/eSATA ports.

But as i wanted to overclock i5 2500K and am planning to add on a CM Hyper 212 evo onto the board.

Now the query is, will I be able to easily add a 212 evo fan onto the board with vengeance modules in slot 1 and 3?? will there be a space crunch and will it be really a trouble to add the third pary cpu cooler on the m-ATX board.

I am keen on M-Pro rather than the V LE.

Please let me know if there are any other factors to be considered before finalizing the board and advice me accordingly.

The currently finalized rig -

i5 2500K

Corsair Vengeance kit 2X 4GB (already bought)

Corsair TX650W(already bought as a replacement for CX450W)

HAF 922 chassis (owned and retained)

Saphire HD 5850 (will be replaced by 7850 in a month)

Regards,

Rakesh

Get the ASUS P8Z68M-PRO for the following reasons --

1) it is cheaper,

2) has a decent layout and has all the features of the V-LE version,

disadvantage --

1) m-ATX form factor.

As for the CPU cooler I advise, invest a lot more and get the Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~3900/- and breathe easy [with a 6 year warranty, 2 great fans and no compatibility issue with upcoming sockets].

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

As for the CPU cooler I advise, invest a lot more and get the Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~3900/- and breathe easy [with a 6 year warranty, 2 great fans and no compatibility issue with upcoming sockets].

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Just a Querry - Is the "Noctua NH-U12P SE2" compatible with the 2011 X79 series mobo's with an i7 proc ?

If i was in your place, i would go for the p8Z68M-PRO as it is a better overclocker(acc to reviews on the net) and the P8Z68V-LE lacks in overcloking wich makes it almost the same as intel boards but at almost double the price. So go for the P8Z68M-PRO as the chances of a decent overclock are higher. I was myself offered the Asus P8Z68V-LE around a month back but after reading the reviews i chose MSI Z68A-GD65-B3 instead of the Asus mobo.

Back