Query regarding D-Link DSL 2750 and 2730U models

Yeah... i'm too happy with overall performance of the modem. I didn't used the Setup wizard CD (optical drive not working :bleh:) , so had to configure it on my own.
But trial n error method is so much fun, it helped me in configuring the another one which my friend bought after seeing mine.
So, congrats for the new modem @thegame.
It was your thread which helped me to decide which modem to buy, else i would have bought asus/netgear with lesser features.
Thanks for the efforts :sign2ewrewr9: .

Last edited by a moderator:
What speeds are you guys getting on WLAN transfers?

Bro, i used a Belkin Basic USB wifi adapter and it was N150, so i got equivalent speed as per the standard which is ~65-70mbps(it shows connected @72mbps).So, transfer rate fluctuates at ~7-8MB/s . But i guess it will be better if paired with N300 devices which has transfer rate of ~130mbps(~16MB/s).

Hi iam a noob, i have purchased a D-link n150 DSL-2730u wireless modem+router, and i am usiing it with my bsnl broadband, sofar it is good, and i have purchased this device at the local market for rs1850/- although the retailer gives me 11months warranty for my device and 15 days warranty for adaptor, but i registered my device online, and the online registration shows me 36months warranty. and i am using my device for ground floor and 1st floor, its good. below is the software version of my device, kindly do let me know whether i need to update my firmware, if so then where can i get it updated? and do let me know how can i update it. and whrere can i find the firmware for my device, thanx in advance

Device Info

BoardID: DSL-2730U
Software Version: IN_1.00
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-106.5
DSL PHY and Driver Version: A2pD033c.d23e
Wireless Driver Version: 5.60.120.3.cpe4.406.0

This information reflects the current status of your WAN connection.

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 493
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 1999
LAN IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.1
MAC Address: bc:f6:85:df:9f:2b
Default Gateway: ppp0
Primary DNS Server: 218.248.255.147
Secondary DNS Server: 218.248.255.141
LAN IPv6 Address:
Default IPv6 Gateway:

Back