Query regarding Nokia N8 & Nokia E63

big.bAd.boi!

Disciple
When is nokia N8 releasing & with what price? Is there any other fone that stands against nokia n8?
Also please suggest a good call recording SW for nokia e63, i tried total recall call recorder, it has installed in cell but can't find a way to record call's.

Releasing early next month, About the 1st week. Price would be about 24-25k. The cam alone makes it an awesome phone. Don't go by people saying that Symbian is not good , this is a totally new version with totally revamped software. Go for it as it is a really good phone.

hA1d3R said:
initial reviews says that symbian^3 is pretty much the same as the old symbian
"Looks"

I've used it so i guess i'm in a better position to say this :) It is fast , smooth , no bugs , feature rich. You might miss out on a few stupid transition at max.

the n8 is going to be another n97 .. since nokia is launching meego soon they will neglect symbian development eventually and the phone OS will reach a dead end in 6-8 months for sure .nokia will eventually use symbian in low cost models only ..

Do you have even a tiny bit of idea about Symbian and Meego ?

They just announced their Symbian flagship the E7 and you say it will be dead in 6 months. Try the OS and then complain. It is as good as any other modern OS.

All applications will be coded in Qt which means that they will run on Symbian 3 , Symbian 4 and even MeeGo. Nokia is going in for cross platform application compatibility.

The N97 failed due to its underpowered processor. Try Symbian on a device like the Omnia HD with the custom firmwares , that will give you a good idea of how good Symbian can actually be.

/rant

dhruvrock2000 said:
Do you have even a tiny bit of idea about Symbian and Meego ?

They just announced their Symbian flagship the E7 and you say it will be dead in 6 months. Try the OS and then complain. It is as good as any other modern OS.

All applications will be coded in Qt which means that they will run on Symbian 3 , Symbian 4 and even MeeGo. Nokia is going in for cross platform application compatibility.

The N97 failed due to its underpowered processor. Try Symbian on a device like the Omnia HD with the custom firmwares , that will give you a good idea of how good Symbian can actually be.

/rant
hmm i used to say the same a few months ago about symbian when the omnis hd launched .. then android happened and nokia went out of my window ....the e7 will launch in dec end .. who the hell will use symbian in dec end with ios4 , android 3.0 and windows mobile around ...

look at the rate nokia s market share is falling and their ceo's resigning ...... they make volume sales in India and China hence they are ahead .. but their market share is falling fast ..

the n8 is going to rescue them from all this but i doubt ...its going to be super buggy for sure ..nokia only rocks in call quality and camera quality dept .

bloody they havent launched one decent smartphone in the last 3 months .. only versions of existing phones .. the last good phone noika launched was the n900 and nothing good after that ..

but the n8 will def sell in India cause even if nokia starts making underwear tommorow, people in this country , will buy it without questioning it ..thats how loyal nokia fans are in this country

@khanvis2009

All i'll say is , try it and then tell me whether it is buggy... of all things , you cannot blame the N8 of being buggy :) Rock Solid phone !

Alright i don't mind waiting for reviews & any idea on how sound quality is going to be? Now i'll have to do some research over Meedo meebo, etc....
Also i wanted to know what else could be a good option against N8?
Hey, what about SW, yall forgot about that, call recording SW for nokia E63

& Thank You for all your suggestion & opinions.

@druvrock2000 .. till date nokia hasnt released any smartphone without bugs .. a month later it releases the software update to fix it .. 5800, e71, e52, e72 , n900 .. the list is endless ... it definitely will be buggy when it comes out .. nokia will fix it eventually but it will have problems ..

but since its not been launch all talk is just based on past performance . u cant call a phone that has not been launched " a rock solid phone "

^^ He can call it a "rock solid phone" because he has actually used it while you on the other hand cannot because you have nothing to go by other than mentioning a few previous devices and saying that they are bad.

Just for the record, I have used two Symbian phones over a period of 6 years (only one of which was a Nokia) and after I got my Galaxy S few months back, I had more issues with Android in the first couple of weeks than I had with Symbian over those 6 years. My second Symbian device was a Nokia 5800 which I had pre-booked and got a day before launch in India and I have used it 1.5 years without updating it from the stock firmware and I have never faced an issue. So its just a matter of perspective. Just because iOS and Android are popular doesn't mean they are bug free nor vice versa.

Lord Nemesis said:
^^ He can call it a "rock solid phone" because he has actually used it while you on the other hand cannot because you have nothing to go by other than mentioning a few previous devices and saying that they are bad.

Just for the record, I have used two Symbian phones over a period of 6 years (only one of which was a Nokia) and after I got my Galaxy S few months back, I had more issues with Android in the first couple of weeks than I had with Symbian over those 6 years. My second Symbian device was a Nokia 5800 which I had pre-booked and got a day before launch in India and I have used it 1.5 years without updating it from the stock firmware and I have never faced an issue. So its just a matter of perspective. Just because iOS and Android are popular doesn't mean they are bug free nor vice versa.
how has he used the n8 when its not been launched as yet ?

^^ That

Thanks agantuk... trust me , it ain't as bad as it might seem. Symbian has grown , adapted. In the long term , it might be a mid range OS for Nokia , but it will do whatever you demand of it.

I for one, am really looking forward to the N8. Have almost made up my mind that this is gonna be my next upgrade from my current 5800XM. Hopefully by November - when I plan to buy it, it will be available for a good price in Singapore / Malaysia since I will be visiting those countries then.

Hmmm.....

Well, I am no Cellphone reviewer..... with due respect to dhruvrock2000......

I personally have started hating Nokia phones these days...... Not for the hardware..... but the software.....

I was a 'Nokia Fanboy' buying all their 'Flagships' until I saw Android & then I swore not to buy another Nokia 'Flagship' unless it had Android on it......

Since dhruvrock2000 has reviewed the N8, I would like to ask him:

1) Whether he is happy with the Symbian^3 platform on the N8.......??

2) As you are a cellphone reviewer, I am sure that u know & have used/experienced Android more than me....... So, would you like the N8 to come in an Android version??

If YES, would you prefer the Android N8 over the Symbian^3 N8 or would it be otherwise??

I am not challenging your judgment or being prejudiced about it...... U are an Expert & I respect you for that..... :)

Back