Question about operating system?

Really #[member='ALPHA17'] ?
bleh.gif
Why didn't you recover it instead of formatting sire?

Well the issue was, I remembered my password, but just before leaving for home in Semester break I changed the name of my Administrator account, now it did not go smoothly and Windows was not accepting the password, no matter how I proffered it the same.

Then I booted in safe mode [to no avail], with a Linux Live disc [to save my configuration]. Slept at ~0400 Hours in the morning and the next day formatted C:/ drive only.

Well the issue was, I remembered my password, but just before leaving for home in Semester break I changed the name of my Administrator account, now it did not go smoothly and Windows was not accepting the password, no matter how I proffered it the same.

Then I booted in safe mode [to no avail], with a Linux Live disc [to save my configuration]. Slept at ~0400 Hours in the morning and the next day formatted C:/ drive only.

Still you should have given pass reset a try.

How did you save config? Copied user folder?

Still you should have given pass reset a try.

How did you save config? Copied user folder?

That was not helpful at all, it failed to take in any password. Also I was too naive that I had not made a Reset drive.

I did not need to save the configuration, as I had peviously formatted my entire system to enable RAID0, I just took some game saves and the User folder with me.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Back