Question about Sony Ericsson phones

hotshot05

Skilled
Went to S.H.Mumtazuddin's shop today(very famous shop in Kolkata, will provide almost lowest price). My friend who is going to buy a phone soon, asked them to show some SE phones. They replied that they dont stock SE phones anymore.
When I asked them why they do so, one of them said that SE phones are having some problems and their after sales service is not that good. So they are not stocking SE phones.

My friend wants to buy the SE Spiro but is having second thoughts after hearing this type of comment.
Those of you who have used an SE phone recently or have gone to their service centres or know about their service, please respond and tell if this is true or not.

here in mumbai the service is good

my friend's under warranty cell had some battery damages and they took his phone for a week and repaired it without any charges

maybe in kolkata there might be some problems but I don't think a brand like SE will do that as it will spoil its reputation in whole market

Lol. No dude, even i didnt find any problems with SE phones. Their camera and speaker quality are the best in class. Dont know why this store guy told you like that.

CeDrIc said:
Lol. No dude, even i didnt find any problems with SE phones. Their camera and speaker quality are the best in class. Dont know why this store guy told you like that.

maybe because all sony products have lesser margin ( I have heard though but not sure)

I have had the worst experience with SE! I would recommend you to buy nokia or samsung instead. I had a SE 790i cybershot phone which spent 6 months in the service center and 2 months with me. it was replaced twice and the motherboard was changed twice as well. finally SE gave me a c510 as a replacement and that phone died after 5 months as well. i switched to a nokia 6303c classic and have been happy ever since. SE also has the worst possible after sales service.

SE changed their service center policy in India which basically asks you to sign a document when giving a phone for service saying that the service center is not responsible for any damage to you phone (even if they break something that was working before).

So if you're lucky and don't not have to visit the service center then by all means go ahead and buy one. My personal experience is that SE build quality has been going downwards fast over the last few years. My T610 did not have any issues, my K750's joystick became unresponsive after a year, my K790's camera button was unreliable (fixed in warranty) and then started shutting off randomly after 2 years. My W995 drops calls randomly and when its slid open the top part is like a seesaw (all within 8 months of buying it).

Back