Questions about Inspiron 15R - Dell

Shikhar8888

Disciple
Hi,

I would like to buy a laptop for 35-45K.I am planning to go for Inspiron 15R

1.I am planning to buy core i5.Although i am confused if i should go for core i5 or core i3.
What do you guys think ?
(My usage is kind of limited to browsing,playing videos and running some softwares like photoshop etc but i will be continuing this laptop for 3-4 years.Sometimes i play games too)

2.Should i be buying Inspiron 15R or XPS range, considering i want my laptop to last for 3-4 years ?

3.A guy is selling me brand new laptop with config as mentioned below, for 35K(without windows7) and in dell store it costs me around 42K (with delivery charges)(with windows7)

Code:
Intel® Core™ i5-480M Processor (2.66GHz, 4Threads, turbo boost up to 2.93Ghz, 3M cache)
4GB (2 X 2 GB) 2 DIMM DDR3 1333Mhz
500GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
15.6 Widescreen HD WLED Glossy Display with TrueLifeâ„¢ (1366x768)
ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 550v - 1GB (India)

I don't want windows7 as i have already bought it earlier.Should i buy the laptop from him ? Also can i extend dell warranty. Can i do so from dell store after buying from him?

No dont buy from him... i wud advice u to wait till march coz Dell has updated XPS Laptops lineup wid sandybridge processors in USA and they are going to do the same here in india till march...

OP's budget is for 35-45k which wont fetch him an XPS with Sandybridge ...

am planning to buy core i5.Although i am confused if i should go for core i5 or core i3.

What do you guys think ?

(My usage is kind of limited to browsing,playing videos and running some softwares like photoshop etc but i will be continuing this laptop for 3-4 years.Sometimes i play games too)

Get a good Core i5 processor definetly .. i3 will feel too slow for your needs.

Should i be buying Inspiron 15R or XPS range, considering i want my laptop to last for 3-4 years ?

You can buy separate warranty for DELL products but its a little costlier then

Inspiron will last you 3-4 years just get the full 3 years complete cover to go with your purchase and you will be set.

A guy is selling me brand new laptop with config as mentioned below, for 35K(without windows7) and in dell store it costs me around 42K (with delivery charges)(with windows7)

This is a good config .. ATI HD550v graphics might not satisfy the gaming needs IMO.

dexBG said:
This is a good config .. ATI HD550v graphics might not satisfy the gaming needs IMO.

Sorry for hijacking , but how good is the 550v when pitted with the 5650 ?

-How good is it when compared to the products offered by nvidia (in xps) ?

neojjjk said:
wait mate...you can buy sb laptops ..also I didnt like the sound quality of dell 15R

-How is the Battery life on the 15R ?

Hades. said:
No dont buy from him... i wud advice u to wait till march coz Dell has updated XPS Laptops lineup wid sandybridge processors in USA and they are going to do the same here in india till march...

1. How expensive are these laptops with sandybridge processors ?

2.Are you sure they will be in India by march ? Any press releases or news releases?

3.Just out of curiosity, sandybridge processors come with core i7 only or core i5 too ?

-How is the Battery life on the 15R ?

I get around 2.5 hrs of battery life. Also please do get the full HD screen instead of default one. I unfortunately opted for default 1352x768 screen. I find it very bad and really regret not opting for full HD one.

Back