Graphic Cards R600 News Thread

DailyTech - ATI Releases More "R600" Details

R600 named ATI Radeon HD 2xxx + more details.

For the new product generation, AMD has tagged HD to the product name to designate the entire lineup’s Avivo HD technology. AMD has also removed the X-prefix on its product models.

At the top of the DirectX 10 chain, is the ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT. The AMD ATI Radeon HD 2900-series features 320 stream processors, over twice as many as NVIDIA’s GeForce 8800 GTX. AMD couples the 320 stream processors with a 512-bit memory interface with eight channels.

Lots more.

Excellent..AMD set to cream 8800GTX, but unfortunately unlike nvidia ATI/AMD highend cards are not priced well in India...

ATI Radeon HD 2xxx benchmarks ?

techPowerUp! News :: R600 3DMark06 scores

They came up with the following results in 3DMark 06:

Radeon HD 2900 XTX: 12k | GeForce 8800GTX: 10.5k
Radeon HD 2900 XT: 10k | GeForce 8800GTS: 9k

The operating system used was Windows Vista. They used the Catalyst 7.1 (8.33) which seems rather strange, other reviewers report about issues with drivers, so newer ones should be more likely to be used for testing / benchmarking. That could mean the results are not that meaningful at all. Either the scores are made up or there's a little bit of headroom for newer drivers. Decide for yourself...

phew just a 1k 3D Mark 06 score diff between 8800GTS 640MB & X2900XT 512MB means I can cross year 2007 on a 8800GTS 640MB @1280x1024 :yahoo:

AMD's 65nm GPU: why the future of GPUs is smaller, faster, cooler
In fact, I'll go a step further and suggest that AMD won't be the only GPU maker at the 65nm process node or smaller. I think it's likely that when Intel finally comes out with its upcoming standalone GPU, this GPU may be fabbed on a process node that's one step behind whatever the company's leading-edge process is at the time. And if both Intel and AMD are making GPUs on a process that's one notch behind the leading edge, then this may leave a design-only shop like NVIDIA in a bit of a bind, especially if all three players are eying the high-performance computing (HPC) market. Ultimately, the long-term question for NVIDIA may not be so much, can they compete with some theoretical and as-yet unannounced CPU + GPU fusion products from AMD and Intel? Instead, the question might be, can a design-only GPU maker compete in the commodity market with an integrated device manufacturer (IDM) at more advanced process nodes, after the point where the game has changed to make process a crucial differentiating factor?

umm hmm, it's too early I'd wait for the game benchies before cheering for ATI, remember the driver funda that used to happen with ATI or Nvidia, don't remember which, but either of them had modified their drivers in a way that they get more scores in 3dmark lol.

Udit said:
phew just a 1k 3D Mark 06 score diff between 8800GTS 640MB & X2900XT 512MB means I can cross year 2007 on a 8800GTS 640MB @1280x1024 :yahoo:

1k diff in 3dmark06 is substantial...

plus added bonus of integrated physics processor,,,:cool2:

either way 8800GTS is sufficient for almost 2 years at 1280x1024

vij said:
1k diff in 3dmark06 is substantial...
plus added bonus of integrated physics processor,,,:cool2:

either way 8800GTS is sufficient for almost 2 years at 1280x1024

hmmm

anyways i just need time till March, 2008 then i will switch to ATI again :p

O M G!

The X2900XTX looks like a monster on all fronts. I hope its clocked around 1Ghz.

That will just be the cherry on top over EVERYTHING!

Damn!! I want one NOW!

techPowerUp! News :: More R600 3DMark06 figures appear - 12K with the XT
VR-Zone : Technology Beats - R600XT Scores 12K in 3DMark06
VR-Zone has some numbers they couldn't keep for themselves regarding a Radeon X (sorry...), HD 2900 XT coupled with a Core 2 Extreme QX6700 (quad core) processor. They say with the latest 8.361-RC4 drivers they got around 12K with that R600XT card which is faster 2000 points higher than the scores from FX57.net. They price of this card will be 399USD which would be quite a bargain.

Damn!! I want one NOW!

Too bad you have to wait....maybe longer than you expect :p

I am not keeping my hopes up, they started the whole chakkar with releasing in the first quarter of 2007....or even earlier I think lol.

While everything looks great on paper (even G80 did), we'll never know how R600/G80 stack up against each other until we see the first DX10 game release (Crysis?). Until then, no point speculating.

Good question, I haven't been able to figure out why but noone seems to want to use FSX as a benchmark for DX10 cards yet.

Back