Graphic Cards R600 News Thread

hunt3r said:
^^Dude u nuts. First of all i think R600 has two 6 pin inputs anyway not the 8 pin one. And anyway same way u can hook up the current 6 pin connector to two molex connectors using a converter same way a converter will also be available for the 8 pin one(not that i think ati/nividia are gonna use this until the next gen maybe)

i have one 888GTX with 8 pin power connectors ..... dunno if they are widely used still ...... .

R600 is going to be launched in Amsterdam around the same time as CeBit. I know this because I've been invited for the launch :) Let's hope I get to go!

tracerbullet said:
R600 is going to be launched in Amsterdam around the same time as CeBit. I know this because I've been invited for the launch :) Let's hope I get to go!

Lucky b**ch! :mad:
Atleast get me some Tiesto/Armin/ATI/AMD t-shirts for me from there..or else...

Radeon X2800XTX2 is ATI's dual R600 card at $600

WE FINALLY managed to find out the commercial name behind cards based on a pair of ATI R600 chips.

The top-of-the-line card will be known as the Radeon X2800XTX2 and will be the same concept as Nvidia's GX2 card. So you can expect two R600 chips on a card. We don't know how DAAMIT plans to implement this, as we may be talking about two PCBs or maybe just one. Nvidia went for two PCBs last year with its Geforce 7950GX2 and our money is on ATI following a similar route.

We also have the rest of the specs, although final clocks may still change slightly. Both chips should end up clocked at 575MHz core and 2000MHz GDDR4 memory. This version has the 256-bit memory controller probably because of technical difficulties to make two chips work at 512-bit memory controller speed. The card is equipped with 2x512MB memory, a total of 1GB, and has two times 96-Shader units. It is made using a 80 nanometre process.

The best of all is that it will cost $600. This was ATI's best-kept secret so far but Nvidia is also doing some dual G80 card to compete this one.

The single R600 called Radeon X2800XTX will be clocked at higher speeds with better specs. Stay tuned. Oh yes, this is how Quad Crossfire is actually going to work. Just plug two of these cards. You can read more about that here. µ

Radeon X2800XTX2 is ATI's dual R600 card at $600

Radeon X2800XTX will work at 750MHz/2200MHz

THE RADEON X2800XTX will work at 750MHz core clock and the GDDR 4 memory is clocked at 2200MHz. This is how the R600XTX will be known from now on. As always, these clocks are close to final but ATI can still change them till the launch date sometime in March.

The top card has 1024MB of 512-bit GDDR 4 memory working at 2200MHz. This card also has 128 Shaders just as many as Nvidia's G80 chip. It is made on a 80 nanometre marchitecture and it will sell for $600.

We already wrote about the dual one here, called Radeon X2800XTX2. There will be a 512MB version of the Radeon X2800XTX card which will have the same clocks but will sell for $550.

The R600XT becomes the Radeon X2800XT and this card will work with DDR3 memory. The clock speed won't be that dramatic. The card works at 600MHz core and 1800MHz memory. The memory is crippled to 256 bits and the card comes with 512MB of these precious clever circuits. It will sell for $500.

R600XL beomes the Radeon X2800XL with the same clocks, 512MB of GDDR 3 memory but 96 shaders. This one will sell for $400.

The last one is the Radeon X2800GTO clocked at 600MHz core and 1400MHz GDDR3 memory. The card has 256MB of 256-bit memory and again 96 Shader units. Cards based on this version of the R600 chip will cost $300 and are positioned to take on Nvidia's Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB.

All together the list climbed to six cards and some partners might do the water cooling one. Just before we posted this one we received this link here that matches our information. This picture originated at OCWbench forum. At press time I cannot confirm the specs of X2600 and X2300 cards but it looks real enough

Radeon X2800XTX will work at 750MHz/2200MHz

Hmm..

Was thinking the same, may just sit witha 8800GTS right now. Dont wanna spend on the GTX for no reason. Will upgrade soon after :\..

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

ATI is stating that a SINGLE R600 high end configuration will require 300 watts of power (+/-9%) and a DUAL R600 "CrossFire" high end configuration will require, as you might guess, 600 watts of power (+/-9%).
ATI is stating that 345mm / 13.6" will be the required space to fit the cards in a case.

ATI is stating that a SINGLE R600 high end configuration will require 300 watts of power (+/-9%) and a DUAL R600 "CrossFire" high end configuration will require, as you might guess, 600 watts of power (+/-9%).
ATI is stating that 345mm / 13.6" will be the required space to fit the cards in a case.
omg thats huge !

btw here are a few more shots ... ATI R600 Prototype | ZDNet Photo Gallery

However, we did not know then that AMD did not order just a respin, but the company got an attack of bravery, didn't take the R520/R580 route, and scrapped the R600 altogether.

The 80nm R600 die - as it was leaked - will now come to life only in a very limited amount of chips, since AMD decided to solve their problems by pulling all resources to go 65nm across the board, including this 720 million heavy monster. This drastically reduces power consumption and enables AMD to clock R600 to 1 GHz or even more. Mass production R600 WILL BE 65nm.

This means that even though AMD is more than six months behind in terms of G80 vs. R600 battle, AMD actually now has six month levy over NV55, more known to people as ex-G81, currently known about G90 (or NV55 in halls of Satan Clara).

All AMD R6xx chips are 65 nanometre

Back