Rains Back In Mumbai : Will it be a new story of 27th July 2007.

This morning, I got up to find the roads wet. No probs, it wasnt raining yet.
Got ready and just as I left, it started pouring. Got drenched @ 7:30 am:rofl: Damn...shortly after I had a bath!!!:bleh:

Anyways, it was raining all the way from Colaba to Dadar. Was sunny :S at the time from Matunga to Mahim, was drizziling in Bandra.

Had some lectures in college. Had to collect my car from a garage in Kamani.
Drove back from there, via BKC, Prabhadevi, Worli, Marine Drive (get the route??:p )
I must say, it was pouring all the way back too. Got back home around 3:00. Thanks to my car, I wasnt wet when I got back, but definately with the amount of rain happening at the time, it was a surprise that there was barely any watterlogging on the route, apart from a few potholes (Thank you BMC!!!, we love pot holes, the BMC contribution to the Potter mania. :rofl: )

Its been raining almost continuously since then atleast at my place. Didnt go out, so cant say if there is any watter logging. Wait a sec, south Mumbai = almost no watter logging:eek:hyeah:

looks good weather postcast here :)

I was in mumbai in 2001 .. loved rainy day anyway. pant fold .. shoe in hand.. not daily though :)

NOO! The rains will just *have* to wait for a day :( My new rig is at the store waitin to come home tomorrow.... the last time the store experienced a bad flood..

Especially I've had a bad day today :( Always hate Fridays... first got a throat infection in the morning :ill: and then lost my board exam marksheet on the way.. just hopin on the new PC to come home safe to cheer me up!

lol.. i didnt quit Hukka yet.. but trying to. i hope it will rain till morning so that no offices tomorrow :p anyone of you can write tomorrow morning at 9 if the trains are working or not? Because!! i am the only one who lives in south mumbai amongst all the office staff! isnt that amazing :p

i dont think it rained much in mumbai side.

but man, it rained like hell in navi mumbai!! those who were in vashi would know. dunno about nerul side and all. there wasnt much rain till the evening. just coming and going for 5 min. but after around 6pm it started pouring like hell. till 9pm the roads in vashi were waterlogged like it did on 26 july!! :O maximum water logging was in sector 9 and 10. water had gone inside a few shops. i think the drainage system is better in koparkhairane (near vashi) where i live. there wasnt any water logging and wasnt much during 26 july also, except a couple of sectors.

what a coincidence, 26 july and now 27 july.

Powersurge said:
its been raining here in kalyaninagar all evening dude... luckily not too heavily, but screwy brit weather like overcast, continuous drizzle..

at Kothrud there was mild drizzle last evening..and not its actually sunny as ever :S

viralbug said:
i dont think it rained much in mumbai side.
but man, it rained like hell in navi mumbai!! those who were in vashi would know. dunno about nerul side and all. there wasnt much rain till the evening. just coming and going for 5 min. but after around 6pm it started pouring like hell. till 9pm the roads in vashi were waterlogged like it did on 26 july!! :O maximum water logging was in sector 9 and 10. water had gone inside a few shops. i think the drainage system is better in koparkhairane (near vashi) where i live. there wasnt any water logging and wasnt much during 26 july also, except a couple of sectors.
what a coincidence, 26 july and now 27 july.

i was on my way to mulund from pune...
a friend of mine got stuck at koparkhairne .. walked for an hour bcoz of traffic jam...then rabale.. waist level water...was a task to get to airoli and then mulund..
so i took da vashi chembur road and was spared from da water logging menance...

Back