Raj Thackeray asks Amazon to incl. Marathi else warns about stern agitation and possibly kick amazon out of biz from MH

Well, this happened
Can someone translate what's written under Marathi? Is it something like "coming soon"?

1608961866858.png

How do you know rural Maharashtra users don't want something in their own language?
Not everyone does or should speak Hindi or English.
I'm from rural MH itself (and frequent tribal zones etc) and people around are very nicely familiar with hindi language not now but since decades. In fact they might ot know marathi but hindi.
They already enjoy those sas-bahu hindi daily soaps since decades and are very much fluent and familiar wrt read/write/speak.
So if you feel out of 1000s only 10 people prefer local marathi language in some app then no co. will be interested in developing it for the least masses.
I'm not saying amazon or any co. should do injustice but politically forcing something like this is a total bullshit. Its a goon thing eod.
Introducing a language translate option in app isn't some overnight job.

And if such politico idiots want so much for their soil then first transform yourself into a local soil person by not traveling in swanky merc or bmws but in a local bullock cart weaaring a dhoti and khadi shirt, not in underwear but langot, not in shoes but chappals. Not eating chicken mutton fish but plain zunka bhakar curd rice. Not living in swanky bungalows but stay somewhere in a farm in a mud hut!
Now can this idiot do this? Never! He cant even stand the smell of a cow dung.
Bastards! Such people have actually spoiled marathi name all over India.
First 110% transform yourself into local man and then expect similar changes around.

Last edited:
Update - https://www.businesstoday.in/latest...n-warehouses-in-mumbai-pune/story/426082.html as well.
Two incidents of vandalism were reported at Amazon warehouses in Mumbai and Pune on Friday after some MNS workers destroyed properties at the e-commerce giant's facilities. Workers allegedly belonging to the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) barged into the Amazon warehouses at Marol in Mumbai's Andheri suburb and Pune city and damaged the company properties, police confirmed.
Now don't tell me its been done to promote fkin "regional Language".

I lol when Marathi-Hindi belt politics is being played.
Not that many centuries ago these two fought together against the Mughals. Bundelkhand region in UP has a lot of ex Marathi ex Gujarati soldiers who travelled here with Bajirao's army. These soldiers started looting British trains later for food supplies and stuff after their kings had been defeated by the British and that led to the creation of 'Bagis' and 'Dakoos'.

Heck even "Bundekhand ki shaan" Lakshmi Bai and Jhalkari Bai were Marathi. And Gabbar Singh was probably Gabbar Patil :laughing:

Last edited:
Amazon would be more than willing to introduce Marathi language as it gives them an opportunity to tap into tier-2,3 markets.
they do have Alexa (Voice) on Hindi and plan to introduce other Indian languages.

But I hate to admit that few politicians are doing cheap stunt for the sake of publicity. Imagine the impact it has on upcoming businesses who are willing to invest into our Country.

Also, I recall incidence with one of SRK movie with Pakistani Actress - these cheapo political party got into settlement and started to be called settlement party. Those are b******s are screwing our own people and country by doing this and are keen on getting money instead of promoting
Not that many centuries ago these two fought together against the Mughals.
That is before British came and taught our b****** politicians divide n rule and everywhere we have this practice in one form or another.
An old trick where you get some inside info about an upcoming event and then pretend that the particular event happened because of your influence.
I doubt this too - Amazon has great platform and been associated with AWS and other services - one thing I can surely tell nobody will tell you (even their Global VPs) on what's going to be released or share anything from their product roadmap - Search Google along the same lines and you will know that too.

Well in the end Amazon did bend the knee in front of him.. :eek:
I doubt about that Amazon can bring up more Indian languages sooner with their machine learning capabilities

Haha what a joke all this crap is. People dying of hunger and poverty but the politicians are more concerned about these empty show games. It is important that the common man dies speaking the local language, if he/she is dying, that's a matter for another day. Pathetic part is the educated locals whose basic needs are already met will applaud these protectionist plays, instead of pressuring the government to address real issues.

It shows all are fattus and gutless and cannot defend their stand and easily falling for what such bloody politicians say by silently saving themselves..
Tomorrow if politicians says serve the nation free for the entire august month on account of independence month they will still bow down and lick their arse and suffer loses and then probably exit India biz.

The problem is with the politicians' focus being on such relatively trivial issues.

From the ecomm websites point of view, I don't think they will mind much. They would have long term benefits from this one time exercise of creating the apps. In fact, these politicians are giving them free advertising and consulting support :p.
They already would have the workforce to create such local language apps when they would have done it for Hindi.

1. They get to tap into a large population that speak only these local languages
2. They can have a side deal with these politicians to get additional tax breaks etc. for complying with these requests
3. In terms of population and growth, I have zero doubts that India and Africa are the only places left for these organizations like amazon, apple, and google if they want to continue and grow. There is a limit to the amount of growth you can get by catering to less than 2 billion people (US, Europe). They are already into hundreds of billions of worth, now to grow even single digits they need huge incrementals to justify the price to stockholders. Even though the per capita income for India/Africa will be a fraction of the westerners, how long will that last? At what point do the skewed younger demographics and outsourcing start to bridge that gap.
In short, with China having its own companies, it is not at all surprising these companies want to do everything to secure their futures in India

Whatever the motive, the approach they follow is simply pathetic which creates a fear in mind of business and people. There is always a polite approach and then there is law.

Anyways, in these political parties he members or so called karyakartas are simply jobless from slum and village youths who got no other biz and their own stands. Just for mere money and desi daru bottle they become sell0ffs and are forced to commit crime with a guarantee of offering family support, protection etc. and also their bail. Thus they fall in this trap and there is a never comeback.
You will never find an mba, doctor or engineer supporting them.

Demand is correct,but the method is very wrong!
This.
Law and order is so messed up in our country that anyone( especially rich and mighty )can easily get away threatening and bullying and even violence.

Winston Churchill, as much as I despise him was right when he said - If we leave India it will be run by goons .

And all are more or less same...congress, bjp, all of them just abuse power.

Back