Laptops Rams with better frequency and dual channel ram system

Ashwin2k

Recruit
Needed a suggestion regarding newly purchased laptop.
I play Valorant on the ASUS STRIX G-15 advantage edition, I have seen some videos on youtube which suggests if we change the stock rams with rams of faster frequency if not already equipped with 3200 mhz ram,the fps will improve exponentially. Should I get the rams changed from Asus or will a local change not void my warranty. Current Fps in the game is sufficient for me, the laptop is a beast, but not getting better or dual channel ram system seems like a wasted potential.
Base laptop specs
Ryzen 9 5900HX
Radeon RX 6800m
16 GB ram, probably single channel, upgradable upto 64 gb
Getting around 200-250 fps in valorant as it is not optimised as well but will a dual channel fast frequency ram help future proof once the game is better optimised?

Please share the timings of your current ram sticks measured using an app like zentimings. The highest performance boost comes from switching to dual rank x8 sticks these days.

Please share the timings of your current ram sticks measured using an app like zentimings. The highest performance boost comes from switching to dual rank x8 sticks these days.
I know it in megahertz, what does timings mean? Also it is either already 2 8 gb sticks or one 16gb stick, will have to check about if it is single or double channel

I know it in megahertz, what does timings mean? Also it is either already 2 8 gb sticks or one 16gb stick, will have to check about if it is single or double channel

Just run this and post a screenshot. It will give out the detailed timings of your ram sticks. You would only benefit from upgrading if the oem installed ram has slow timings.

Back