Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

how would be these?.....seen good reviews
VSONIC GR06 High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones | eBay
will come within Rs.3588/-
and with a discount would be within Rs.3300/-
any suggestion.....also....since these will come from Hong Kong,.....will there be problems or any thing extra that needed to be paid....i am from kolkata....any idea

also how would be these Vsonic GR02 Bass | eBay

GR06 are supposed to be very good, but I've not heard them yet, so cannot comment. Customs are a matter of luck. Be prepared for delays and an additional 30% in all cases. If they get through without hiccups, good for you :)

GR02 Bass - It might be one of the best VFMs around in the price range, but I've no idea personally.

hey im looking out for an budget iem around 800rs or so!!
which one is better soundmagic pl-11 or es18..??
or is there anything else better than these within my budget.!!
awaiting your reply thank's
and iv also got to know that the pl series has been replaced by then ES series, so which iem in the ES series is as good or better than the pl-11

Don't think anybody here has heard the rest of the ES series. ES18 to me is better than PL11. I compared the two here.

PS: What the hell happened with my percentage symbol? Why is it getting replaced by it's HTML notation?

Customs are a matter of luck. I have lost my MG7 in the customs only and I have not received it till today :(

GR02 Bass Edition is the best VFM product and according to joker review, it is really damn excellent.

Recent loss / non-arrival of IEMs in the last few months has been a little worrying. Are these incidents really on the rise? Or just because I know these incidents, my mind is exaggerating them?

I know of MEE M6 x 2, MEE CC51 x 1, FXT90 x 1, MG7 x 1, XEport x 1 (I think) + my own M4 + (my yet to arrive < $200 thingies) + (not sure about what @psygeist lost)

Too many budding audiophiles in customs/post at our expense? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I've lost products worth $100 in the last year which has prompted an immediate stoppage of international purchases. Not limited to IEMs.

Recent loss / non-arrival of IEMs in the last few months has been a little worrying. Are these incidents really on the rise? Or just because I know these incidents, my mind is exaggerating them?

I know of MEE M6 x 2, MEE CC51 x 1, FXT90 x 1, MG7 x 1, XEport x 1 (I think) + my own M4 + (my yet to arrive < $200 thingies) + (not sure about what psygeist lost)

You know, I have tried calling so many numbers in international post office customer care, postal offices of Delhi, Gwalior, Mumbai, got to know the route if any shipment moves from UK so where it will go in India, some said UK shipment moves to the Delhi and USA one moves to the Mumbai then tried calling Mumbai too with no success and the result/conclusion: I have lost my MG7 :(

I know of MEE M6 x 2, MEE CC51 x 1, FXT90 x 1, MG7 x 1, XEport x 1 (I think) + my own M4 + (my yet to arrive < $200 thingies) + (not sure about what psygeist lost)

And even there is no clue about where it is lost at either customs or postal dept. :( I guess the the above mentioned FXT 90 is mine which was costed me $90 & shipped almost two months ago.
Irony is this was my first International purchase and now I'm afraid of buying anything from outside India.

@krisballa,

Even after receiving hundreds of parcels unscathed over the last few years, I am afraid of getting anything from outside India.

But..... I have a couple of things on the way (one was expected two weeks ago, then last week and now, at least this week ... and hope lives on!). If they all arrive safely, I can think of M4 as a stray incident and move on. Got lot of bigger fish to fry! On the other hand, I may be proved a fool for thinking it's a stray incident and my losses mount to the point where I stop thinking of buying anything audio for a few months. Either of these would happen by next month.

#esanthosh

I'm eagerly want to order the Yamaha EPH 100 but in the confusion, because I don't want to lose any money to the Customs or Postal Dept.
They even did not reply to queries :( .

@krisballa,

The forum now uses "@" (at in case the forum screwed up) for mentions.

I have gone ahead and done something stupid. Result should be out next week

And the result is out, but not in one week, but a month. At least as far as I can see. Both safe! But are they "sound"? Will update in the evening when I get sometime with them ;)

Untrackable shipments are guaranteed to get lost during delivery. All my parcels which got lost were untrackable. From MEElectronics and Digizoid ZO2, costing ~$200.

I insist on EMS speed post for safe delivery now. Even ordinary airmail with tracking number is good but takes lot more time (can be more than 1 month) and tracking status is not that detailed.

Ensure that you get tracking number with the shipping service.

UE Triple Fi 10 & Sony XBA-3 which one is better as per your opinion.

IMO, TF10. If you give me time, can get back to you with a comparison ;)

Untrackable shipments are guaranteed to get lost during delivery. All my parcels which got lost were untrackable. From MEElectronics and Digizoid ZO2, costing ~$200

I agree with that - all my lost parcels are air mail as well. But, the shipping cost and incidence of levying duty increases when you move from ordinary air mail to EMS to FedEx/DHL - thus increasing the landed cost. That always figures in my calculation!

Time for the suspense to be over. But as I mentioned, it's no big deal.

What do you do when somebody steals your IEM and accessories on the way? What do you do especially when you know you can't trust Indian post which did not even bother to issue me a letter - something, anything, even something that blames me for accepting the parcel and washing their hands off - even after a month? Do you lose faith and stop ordering?

That was my position last month. So, I went ahead and ordered not one, but two IEMs. I registered an account at Tenso and bought the IEMs from Amazon JP. They reached quickly, I paid the shipping fee rather quickly and got the EMS tracking number the next day. So far, so good. But alas! my luck will still lame. They sent it on 28th and I was waiting, waiting, wait...ing and nothing happened with tracking. Tenso found out they could not ship them by EMS as my Pin code was not in the list of service areas. What the... but I could send EMS from the local post office, received a parcel via EMS from the same Japan 3-4 months ago? But, they said that Japanese EMS rules have become stricter in the mean time. Way to go, now my chances of finding out my luck within a week disappeared completely! I had two choices - non-tracking ordinary air mail and UPS. I thought of UPS, but it was 65 percent of the cost of IEMs put together, which would make them too costly. On top of that, I was sure I had to pay some duty, taxes and customs clearance fee. So, I decided to take a BIG risk - why stop with ordering two IEMs? :unsure: I chose Air mail, paid and waited. By last Saturday, I had mentally written off the amount, was very dejected. But, finally they DID show up - all intact.

Did I mention they are no big deal? Because they are just JVC FXD70 (Black) and FXD80 (Silver). I am not as excited by their sound, not even to the level EPH-100 excited me on the first day. Considering their price, I think they both do very well (FXD80 @ $100, FXD70 @ $60-70, since it is now about 500 Yen less than the price I bought), but I do not feel they are extra-ordinary yet! That said, I will give both some more time before writing about their signature.

Time for the suspense to be over. But as I mentioned, it's no big deal.

What do you do when somebody steals your IEM and accessories on the way? What do you do especially when you know you can't trust Indian post which did not even bother to issue me a letter - something, anything, even something that blames me for accepting the parcel and washing their hands off - even after a month? Do you lose faith and stop ordering?

That was my position last month. So, I went ahead and ordered not one, but two IEMs. I registered an account at Tenso and bought the IEMs from Amazon JP. They reached quickly, I paid the shipping fee rather quickly and got the EMS tracking number the next day. So far, so good. But alas! my luck will still lame. They sent it on 28th and I was waiting, waiting, wait...ing and nothing happened with tracking. Tenso found out they could not ship them by EMS as my Pin code was not in the list of service areas. What the... but I could send EMS from the local post office, received a parcel via EMS from the same Japan 3-4 months ago? But, they said that Japanese EMS rules have become stricter in the mean time. Way to go, now my chances of finding out my luck within a week disappeared completely! I had two choices - non-tracking ordinary air mail and UPS. I thought of UPS, but it was 65 percent of the cost of IEMs put together, which would make them too costly. On top of that, I was sure I had to pay some duty, taxes and customs clearance fee. So, I decided to take a BIG risk - why stop with ordering two IEMs? :unsure: I chose Air mail, paid and waited. By last Saturday, I had mentally written off the amount, was very dejected. But, finally they DID show up - all intact.

Did I mention they are no big deal? Because they are just JVC FXD70 (Black) and FXD80 (Silver). I am not as excited by their sound, not even to the level EPH-100 excited me on the first day. Considering their price, I think they both do very well (FXD80 @ $100, FXD70 @ $60-70, since it is now about 500 Yen less than the price I bought), but I do not feel they are extra-ordinary yet! That said, I will give both some more time before writing about their signature.

You paid for EMS and they did not ship it by EMS :O WT* is this? Sometimes no no not sometime, Many times I feel that we Indians are not at all lucky in having great IEMs at reasonable prices, first of all shipping charges are like :bomb: and secondly if the IEM is of higher cost so in that case Indian customs are there to catch us and Indian customs charge the custom fee in this manner: "Amount of IEM + Shipping charges = Custom Fee on the IEM cost & Shipping charges" which is again like WT* if order by UPS so we ended up paying 75 percent extra of the IEM cost".

So this is what you were saying that "I have done something really stupid"?

@esanthosh
got afraid after reading about ppl facing problems regarding customs
also seen these http://www.lynxdealerstore.com/product.php?id_product=149
as in your comparison these were highly rated.....are these the same as yours (Fischer Audio Silver Bullet V2)...?? as they does not show v2

i am inclined towards (lolz....still confused) M2 ........also thing about ordering TEKFUSION TWINWOOFERS.....as a 2nd IEM for listening to some dance numbers......will those be good for bass....??? i see you have rated them......will it be a good investment coming from EP630...???

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

hell ............even the M2 is much less here Earphones - Lynx Group - The All India Dealer Store [ For Dealers All Across India of Lynx ]
have anyone purchased from here....are they safe....i mean they are indian site is it not ......?

esanthosh
got afraid after reading about ppl facing problems regarding customs
also seen these Fischer Audio Silver Bullet Earphone - Lynx Group - The All India Dealer Store [ For Dealers All Across India of Lynx ]
as in your comparison these were highly rated.....are these the same as yours (Fischer Audio Silver Bullet V2)...?? as they does not show v2

i am inclined towards (lolz....still confused) M2 ........also thing about ordering TEKFUSION TWINWOOFERS.....as a 2nd IEM for listening to some dance numbers......will those be good for bass....??? i see you have rated them......will it be a good investment coming from EP630...???

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

hell ............even the M2 is much less here Earphones - Lynx Group - The All India Dealer Store [ For Dealers All Across India of Lynx ]
have anyone purchased from here....are they safe....i mean they are indian site is it not ......?

Lynx don't keep any audio related products from what I know though you can always call them to know if they keep audio products or not but AFAIK they don't keep audio products anymore. These listing are very old so may be they forgot removing those listing.

But the best will be you call them.

sbuch,

On the List: Remembering that list is indeed my list - taking into account my personal preferences is always important ;)

Lynx: Last time I looked Lynx was not an authorized dealer for either Fischer Audio or Hifiman or MP4Nation - something to keep in mind. Also, search the forum for Lynx or Amarbir to know more about them. They do not enjoy a great reputation here. Besides, the site you linked is the "dealer" site. In their official site, they have stopped selling audio products. As abhi mentioned, must be an old site they forgot to update.

On SB: Not sure which version it is. If I am right, that would be the old stock v1. V2 just had a better cable, but sonic wise, there should be no difference. If you were spending that much, you should be more clear about your signature preferences.

TW: TW should have better treble, details, but brighter and not airy. But TW are not that bassy - go for PL11 or even ES18 if you want bass at a lower cost. I do not listen to dance numbers, but I'd imagine a good sound stage with bass would be a necessity. In that case, E10M or even E30 might be better.

@abhi_jollyguy
yup i contacted them....and got the same response..... sorry my bad.....should have cleared first

@esanthosh
coming from EP630 bass and clarity wise would PL11 OR ES18 be a huge difference......in case you wanna know i want a punchy bass....quality should be good not muddy like EP630........................or i go for E10M or even E30( how r these in respect of bass and clarity wise) .......

Back