Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

Hi everybody on this thread,
Cant wait to announce that today i become a proud second owner of two mind blowing IEMs
Tadaaaah!!!!!!! THE DETAIL & TREBLE FREAK- DBA-02 MKII & THE SUB-BASS FREAK- ATRIO MG7
A countless thanks to esanthosh for giving me an OPPURTUNITY to buy them from him.And yes what a pleasurable month it has been, because of him,MY GR06 & SHE3750 were reviewed by him and impressions posted and today i step into the realm of high end IEM world because of esanthosh. From the bottom of my heart gratitude to santhosh for all his advice & suggestions therefore making me own & experience these orgasmic:blush:IEMs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question ...... How do you keep velour pads clean? Even with a case to store them in (and a clean head for when in use) they really are dust magnets!

Find them nicer to use than faux leather/pleather ear-pads though so not looking to change.

Looking for cleaning tips more than anything since it really does seem like keeping them dust free is near impossible.

got meelectronic R1's (supposedly the best for bass) - while bass is on par with the MP21 I'm using right now(was expecting some more), but the highs are way too harsh. Will burn in help with that ? Was not expecting this from this. Worst case I'll stuff something into the stem to tame it - any recommends on what to use ?

Quick question ...... How do you keep velour pads clean? Even with a case to store them in (and a clean head for when in use) they really are dust magnets!

Find them nicer to use than faux leather/pleather ear-pads though so not looking to change.

Looking for cleaning tips more than anything since it really does seem like keeping them dust free is near impossible.

Wash them !

I used to clean the HD580 pads by soaking them in a solution of a gentle detergent for a few hours. The pads would retain some smell from the detergent so choose a pleasant one.

Got the gr99 today; doesn't quite live up to the hype the vsonics are getting nowadays. Anyway bought these as a gift and its alright for the price :D

Washing them it is then! Hifiman includes an extra pad, would have made more sense to throw in a pair especially when they sell you a 500 dollar product.

Surprised they're sold on the site at only 10 usd a pair. Makes those comply tips seem like a real rip off.

Hello everyone! I am a newcomer to the world of IEMs and find all these discussions quite fascinating. I have been going through a lot of threads not only here but also at head-fi. However, I must admit my failure to interpret the different technical jargon used, although, I have read the theory behind it. Moreover, while some may suggest listening to a number of iem's to truly understand what those terms mean, that is many a times not practically possible considering the non-availability and the cost factor. So how do I start off? Or rather, how did you guys start off? Apparently, I used to own a M1 but ever since it was damaged I started looking up over the internet for my next buy and this is how my interest peaked :)

Had actually PM'ed the seller. Wasn't too keen on shipping abroad. Understandable since he'll get a buyer in the US quite easily.

On the bright side (pun very much intended) I got my balanced HE-4 cable. The SR71-B is the brightest RSA amp I've owned, more so than the protector and way more than the rather warm mustang. I'm told the HE orthos are bit bright too. Glad I went with the copper cable over the silver. Titana seemed to think that was the way to go too.

I am thinking of getting these for a long time and now they are come up on sale on mp4nation at a tempting price BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones - Preorder

They retail for $140 and now going on for $99 so i decided why not , but since it's a pre-order item they are currently out of stock and back in stock date given is on 24 september .They are also including a headphone stand worth $15 for free.Now my queries..

1)Currently i am using ATH-AD300 which is an open back headphones and these are a closed.I don't want that much bass since i am very comfortable in open type sonud signature.Will it suit me ?

2)I am concerned about the customs and reliability of mp4natin ..but now they also offer FedEx shipping for free on the above item.Any thoughts ?

3)I have a credit as well as debit card ..Do they accept MasterCard ?

4)These are neutral sounding..I mostly listen to fast pace music like trance...etc

I would like to know the thoughts of audio gurus here esanthosh sir.

The M1 and SoundMAGIC PL-30 carry very nuanced bass signatures [in-fact I consider the PL-30 anemic in this department], the M1 has bass but no volume and punch to it. The PL-21's bass is taut and engaging though it overshadows the treble in the more complex music passages. The GR 02 took these in its stride and walked over all these, the bass has volume and a punch, the vocals are clear [and I like this], the treble although not as pronounced to me as the M1 was still engaging and listening to music was fun.

Hello alpha17,

I noticed you mentioned pl30s in this post. I do own them atm and they're ok I guess. Use them daily but don't think too much about them. Now I'm interested in buying either the Brainwavz M2 or the VSonic Gr02 BE.

Having owned the pl30s do you think its gonna be worth the money I spend to buy GR02?

I noticed you mentioned pl30s in this post. I do own them atm and they're ok I guess. Use them daily but don't think too much about them. Now I'm interested in buying either the Brainwavz M2 or the VSonic Gr02 BE.

Hi Resurrection, considering that you own the PL-30 what kind of music do you listen too on it?

What is your source?

What do you feel is lacking in the same for your current needs?

Depending on this answer the guys here can tell you whether it is a worthy investment OR it is better that you hold onto the PL-30's for now. Cheerio!

P.S. -- Welcome to TE and have a pleasant stay.

Hi Resurrection, considering that you own the PL-30 what kind of music do you listen too on it?

What is your source?

What do you feel is lacking in the same for your current needs?

Depending on this answer the guys here can tell you whether it is a worthy investment OR it is better that you hold onto the PL-30's for now. Cheerio!

P.S. -- Welcome to TE and have a pleasant stay.

I listen to every genre of music. Right from melodic death to acappella. And I use voodoo control enabled Samsung Galaxy S atm. I'll use my PC/laptop as well. Just the normal stuff...

The ideal earphones I'm looking for need to give me a crystal clear sound but with a slightly enhanced (and controlled) bass, just for that oomph...

Thanks for the welcome... Been following this site fora few months now...

I listen to every genre of music. Right from melodic death to acappella. And I use voodoo control enabled Samsung Galaxy S atm. I'll use my PC/laptop as well. Just the normal stuff.

Ummm... I am mostly into Alternative metal / rock --> folk / melodic death metal. And I find the VSONIC GR 02 is pretty good from this stand-point. Let other members comment on your options, Cheerio!

My source is a Sansa Clip+.

Back