Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

Don't have any! Have auditioned most of them at Jaben though.

Used to own the Alessandro MS1 which Titana modded and put in some ortho drivers.

Didn't have a good amp at the time and ended up selling them here on the forums a few years ago.

Used from headfi?

Cheapest used pair I've seen in SG was going for 11k. Probably cheaper from a US seller though.

Have you tried it out before? I could never get a proper seal.

Sadly no one around me has a pair of EX1000 to make me lucky enough to try them out. Reading all its appraises I was keen to try them out, hence looking for decent available options.
Are you aware of any current Ex1000 deal ?

If not EX1000 , then JVC FX700 would do.

Sadly no one around me has a pair of EX1000 to make me lucky enough to try them out. Reading all its appraises I was keen to try them out, hence looking for decent available options.
Are you aware of any current Ex1000 deal ?

If not EX1000 , then JVC FX700 would do.

Last one I saw on a local forum sold for about 13500 i think. No warranty but all accessories and the box.

I am waiting for Cowon phone ...if they ever will :p

I mean when they can make an android powered pmp then why not a full fledged phone. Btw those beyerdynamic sounds interesting

If anyone interested in buying Ortofon e-Q5 or RE272 then let me know. I'll put up a thread in For Sale section. Also JVC FXT90 and Meelec A161P.

The reason I am selling these is because I already have UM Miracle and don't feel like listening to any other earphones. Will be getting another custom from UM soon.

Ok so after seeing so much hype about Mh1C IEMs from head-fi , bought the same from ebay. I have burned in them for 15 hours and find a little difference in bass thump. Except this no much difference yet. Of all the IEMs i heard(Brainwavz M2, klispsch S4,Sunrise Xcape edition,tekfusion twinwoofers) these have the worst fit. They cant stay on ears. Fit is worst.So definitely not recommnded if you planning to use this in GYM/running.Should be ok for before sleep listening.
Regarding sound quality these are definitely recommended if your budjet is below 2k and looking for allrounder. Bass is decent but not as bassy as M2. Clarity wise these are by far the best of IEMs i owned. Afterall i didn't heard any audiophile grade IEMs:p. Soundstage is decent. Before buying these i am skeptical as these may turn out to be another twinwoofers.Thank god i was wrong.For me twinwoofers are the insanely hyped IEMs.

BTW these are shipped without any box. Just IEM and 3 or 4 tips.

So all in all MH1C are decent and VFM but i am not sure whether they can be compared to 100$ IEMs as people in head fi doing. After all these cost 1350INR.And yeah these has mic and obviously MH1C are meant to use with phone and but they indeed sound musical.

Bought 2 IEMs , jvc marshmallow n vsonic gr99 .

disappointed with jvc , not as good as i hoped / read review . but ok for rough use i guess

on other hand , vsonic gr99 are insanely good , extremely pleased , and from nowon no more buying average IEMs

Ok so after seeing so much hype about Mh1C IEMs from head-fi , bought the same from ebay. I have burned in them for 15 hours and find a little difference in bass thump. Except this no much difference yet. Of all the IEMs i heard(Brainwavz M2, klispsch S4,Sunrise Xcape edition,tekfusion twinwoofers) these have the worst fit. They cant stay on ears. Fit is worst.So definitely not recommnded if you planning to use this in GYM/running.Should be ok for before sleep listening.
Regarding sound quality these are definitely recommended if your budjet is below 2k and looking for allrounder. Bass is decent but not as bassy as M2. Clarity wise these are by far the best of IEMs i owned. Afterall i didn't heard any audiophile grade IEMs:p. Soundstage is decent. Before buying these i am skeptical as these may turn out to be another twinwoofers.Thank god i was wrong.For me twinwoofers are the insanely hyped IEMs.

BTW these are shipped without any box. Just IEM and 3 or 4 tips.

So all in all MH1C are decent and VFM but i am not sure whether they can be compared to 100$ IEMs as people in head fi doing. After all these cost 1350INR.And yeah these has mic and obviously MH1C are meant to use with phone and but they indeed sound musical.

Friend has these and the cables are the worst I've seen on an IEM. Microphonics....!!! Can't wear them over the ear which means you have to use the retarded shirt clips.

Who ever was behind the cable "design" should be flogged in public.

So all in all MH1C are decent and VFM but i am not sure whether they can be compared to 100$ IEMs as people in hype fi doing.

fixed. I have stopped going to head-fi now that I see front page threads mostly have paid reviews and air of hype.

Except for a select few members who are there just for hobby.

The problem in dealing with headphones/IEM in india are we rarely get a chance to audition them before buying. We heavily dependent on that forum.I felt the same with M50.

Yes,the M50 is an extremely overhyped headphone!I was thoroughly disappointed with them(loaned from a friend last year)and wrote about it here.
But the replies made me feel that my ears are really weird!!
Now after about a year people are coming out with unbiased and opinions,hell!it was even compared with true gems like HD25 and SRH 840!

Yes M50 may worth 6k but definitely not VFM @10K.

Yes due to this hype created everywhere it's price has been increased from 6.5k to 10k in just 1 year ,though it can be had for $120 in US now

M50 definitely does not belong to the 10k territory ,there are better alternatives for lesser or same price like Fischer Audio FA003(aka HM5),SRH 840,Crossfade M80 etc..

Audio quality perception being entirely subjective, i dont think hype is a proper term here. Not defending any headphones but i have felt that inexperience also results in incorrect assessment of audio quality. There was time when i thought Shure 750dj had amazing bass. Now i think it was nothing but distortion.
Headfi has a very large user base. If this forum had similar numbers the same "hype" would have plagued here as well.

We really have very little options available in India. Seriously, there should be audio meets conducted just as over at headfi.

Back