Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

received my RockitSounds R50 today..
man!! they are simply awesome
loved its clarity
guys need some TIPs regarding TIPs
currently using comply T100... the ones i received with Comply Foam Plugs.. they finally found some real use
i'm looking for some biflange or triflange tips
cause i know T100s are going to die in a while with my use :shy:
also when someone borrows my iems.. comply brings back wax from their ears :yuck:eww!
where can i get some biflange or triflange tips having small inner diameter here in india.

Congrats, any customs and can you describe it's sound signature in short :)

received my RockitSounds R50 today..
man!! they are simply awesome
loved its clarity
guys need some TIPs regarding TIPs
currently using comply T100... the ones i received with Comply Foam Plugs.. they finally found some real use
i'm looking for some biflange or triflange tips
cause i know T100s are going to die in a while with my use :shy:
also when someone borrows my iems.. comply brings back wax from their ears :yuck:eww!
where can i get some biflange or triflange tips having small inner diameter here in india.

How is the build quality??Is it the new version(which was supposed to have better build).What did the total cost turn out??

Congrats, any customs and can you describe it's sound signature in short :)

customs?? slipped the customs.. product was undervalued:D
although i felt like.. getting robbed at paypal.. dollar price was around 54 at that time i got charged around 57(point)something
well this was my first time with paypal.. was having no idea about the exchange rates..
so i paid something around 7k for these beauties
about the sound signature .. there are not that bassy .. its simply sufficient..
they emphasize more on clarity IMO..

How is the build quality??Is it the new version(which was supposed to have better build).What did the total cost turn out??

in my knowledge there's only one version of r50...
saw your post on facebook enquiring the same..
IMO built quality is good.. wires do look quite delicate but they are not that fragile either
as the guy quoted
Rock-it sounds:Also, you have to remember. Some people are just not too kind to their headphones.;)
thats true..
so @sarthakk250193 you ordered one or are you still planning?[DOUBLEPOST=1370047074][/DOUBLEPOST]i wish i could say the same

http://thechormarket.blogspot.in/2012/08/i-love-my-earphones_16.html

Last edited by a moderator:
customs?? slipped the customs.. product was undervalued:D
although i felt like.. getting robbed at paypal.. dollar price was around 54 at that time i got charged around 57(point)something
well this was my first time with paypal.. was having no idea about the exchange rates..
so i paid something around 7k for these beauties
about the sound signature .. there are not that bassy .. its simply sufficient..
they emphasize more on clarity IMO..

in my knowledge there's only one version of r50...
saw your post on facebook enquiring the same..
IMO built quality is good.. wires do look quite delicate but they are not that fragile either
as the guy quoted

thats true..
so @sarthakk250193 you ordered one or are you still planning?[DOUBLEPOST=1370047074][/DOUBLEPOST]i wish i could say the same

Actually i confirmed from lendmeurears as well as rockit sounds customer care.There is indeed a new version.Rockit customer care sent this email
"The R50 is basically the same. We modified the internal structure to improve the reliability of the cable.

The reliability is much improved over the previous cable."
Lendmeurears told me that new version was expected in a week.And i asked around 2 weeks back.So in the meanwhile i ordered VSD1 at introductory price,will sell for a small profit and lendmeurears provides 15% discount to returning customers.:D
Anyway would to have reconsider since my grados are on their way and would need a DAC/AMP.I am broke.:p

Actually i confirmed from lendmeurears as well as rockit sounds customer care.There is indeed a new version.Rockit customer care sent this email
"The R50 is basically the same. We modified the internal structure to improve the reliability of the cable.

The reliability is much improved over the previous cable."
Lendmeurears told me that new version was expected in a week.And i asked around 2 weeks back.So in the meanwhile i ordered VSD1 at introductory price,will sell for a small profit and lendmeurears provides 15% discount to returning customers.:D
Anyway would to have reconsider since my grados are on their way and would need a DAC/AMP.I am broke.:p

don't know whether mine are new or the old ones
will mail them again and ask
my wires are quite soft i guess these are the old ones
good luck with your grados.
i'm also planning to buy a dac/amp combo..
what is it that you're aiming at..
and about the broke part .. ME too
484737_379841238793775_581692365_n.jpg

Any RE262 users around? Thinking of picking up a used pair since it does pretty much everything the RE-1 is capable of save the sound stage.

Looking at the specs you'd think it needs an amp to shine, but a lot of people claim it runs fine straight from their phones/DAP. Is this true? It would be brilliant for the ride work if I don't have to carry around a transport+dac+amp.

Even if an amp isn't a must, does it reduce the battery life of your phone or dap by a significant amount?

don't know whether mine are new or the old ones
will mail them again and ask
my wires are quite soft i guess these are the old ones
good luck with your grados.
i'm also planning to buy a dac/amp combo..
what is it that you're aiming at..
and about the broke part .. ME too
484737_379841238793775_581692365_n.jpg

I think i will go for E17.Or maybe wait a while and get X3 when it launches.

I think i will go for E17.Or maybe wait a while and get X3 when it launches.

Do you know what the X3 will retail at in most online stores? Prices seem a bit high here in SG, preorder is 279 SGD and retail is 329 SGD.

Battery life is a bit of a downer though. 10 to 15 hours as per Fiio's specs.....I'm guessing playing FLAC would bring that down a bit.

Do you know what the X3 will retail at in most online stores? Prices seem a bit high here in SG, preorder is 279 SGD and retail is 329 SGD.

Battery life is a bit of a downer though. 10 to 15 hours as per Fiio's specs.....I'm guessing playing FLAC would bring that down a bit.

I read that it would be around 200$.Maybe even 150-180$.329SGD would be around 250USD.Damn thats too expensive.And considering that it doesnt have as much power as E17(max gain on X3=medium on E17).E17 would be better i think.Falling rupee price doesnt help either.

Hmm thinking of getting a small portable player for the ride to work and back.

Current portable setup is a bit too much. Colorfly's C3 seems to be a nice option as well, will need to be using some relatively easy to drive iems though.

My TF10 is giving out lower volume in the left side, so I switched the sides and checked. My cable has gone bad :( Can someone suggest me a cable for as low as possible? Even used is fine I guess as long as it is not costly. :( Im happy with the original signature of it so Im not looking for any sound improvements, but I just want a cable as cheap as possible without adversely affecting the sound. Any help?
RANT: When I was looking for a replacement for my dead Brainwavz M3 which I loved so much, I had to decide between buying M3 again or buying a TF10. I thought Im having a huge upgrade and they wont go bad easily. It WAS an upgrade but never thought the cable would go bad so easily even with very good care. These cables are SO costly :(

My TF10 is giving out lower volume in the left side, so I switched the sides and checked. My cable has gone bad :( Can someone suggest me a cable for as low as possible? Even used is fine I guess as long as it is not costly. :( Im happy with the original signature of it so Im not looking for any sound improvements, but I just want a cable as cheap as possible without adversely affecting the sound. Any help?
RANT: When I was looking for a replacement for my dead Brainwavz M3 which I loved so much, I had to decide between buying M3 again or buying a TF10. I thought Im having a huge upgrade and they wont go bad easily. It WAS an upgrade but never thought the cable would go bad so easily even with very good care. These cables are SO costly :(

Fiio has come up with 2 replacement cables.30$ each.Check them out...
http://www.mp4nation.net/headphones-amps/headphones-earphones-1/fiio-audio-products?p=3

Hmm thinking of getting a small portable player for the ride to work and back.

Current portable setup is a bit too much. Colorfly's C3 seems to be a nice option as well, will need to be using some relatively easy to drive iems though.

Yes do get the C3 (which thanks to your help in referring me to @toxicdrift, I got) and pair with a C&C BH. That pair is Awesome!

Yes do get the C3 (which thanks to your help in referring me to @toxicdrift, I got) and pair with a C&C BH. That pair is Awesome!

Nice to know you got it. Seems like a great little setup.

Ended up getting the Clip+, not too keen on another amp, but some of the small hippo amps and a piece of double sided tape should keep the setup relatively compact.

The RE-400 plays quite nicely straight off the player but my RE-262s seem to need a bit more "juice".

Need to figure out how to rock box the thing. Haven't had the time to do so. The auto install didn't work like it did with the iMod.

It has been more than a year since I wrote anything new in TE Audio Zone. In case anybody was wondering why, it was because I was taking care of my mother. Since I had to keep my ears open at all times - day or night, I completely gave up IEMs and everything related to audio hobby. My mother passed away this past Sunday. I am still in the process of adjusting to changed circumstances. After everything settles down, may be, just may be, I'd get back to the IEM hobby as a diversion.

What are the interesting IEMs these days in the $50, $100 and $200 range?

Back