Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

Guys vsd3s is back online at hifinage. But with a price bump of 300rs..and checkout price at ~3200.
Is it still worthwhile? ... I need an iem under 3k, but I'm not sure about this one now..
I've been following with the hifinage cc since June this year.. Now that they are online..i don't find them good enough for 3200.

Last edited:
Have been listening to a lot of music on the Audiotechnica MSR7 of late now that the headphone has put in around 100 hours of burn in.

The chain is DacMagic 100->Darkvoice 336SE (RCA 6AS7 tube, Sylvania 6SN7GTA tube)->AT MSR7

I have to say that for the price it is sold at (12k odd), this headphone is a complete steal. It is squeaky clean in response with a teeny/tiny bit of emphasis in the top end. It enough low end warmth to make this not much a concern however.

Bass response is extremely accurate and tuneful which is a complete U-turn over the bass response of the M50x which this headphone is supposed to replace. The soundstaging/imaging is absolutely reference class - I'm really finding it hard to believe that this is a closed can

If you value accuracy but still hate sterile, cold, clinical sound, this AT is right up your alley. Give it time to burn in - initially the headphone was quite bright and tinny. However with some break in, the peaks have disappeared.

For rock fans, this can is incredible and the value it brings at the 12k price point is just unheard of. Highly recommended. Also sounds best with tube amps. Not so nice with solid state.

E80 got delivered today.. They sound flat compared to my e10..I hope the quality will improve.

Comply tips are great though.
You'll get used to it. I found it to be very neutral. It take's time getting used to that. Also the comply tips drown out the sound a bit. It will get better soon enough.

Okay.. Waiting part is excruciating [emoji17].
Can my sansa Clip zip drive these?
Or should I invest in an amp?
http://nwavguy.blogspot.in/2011/02/sansa-clip-measured.html

NO HEADPHONE AMP REQUIRED: A headphone amp isn't likely to help much, and may do more harm (see: Headphone Amps) considering how good the Clip+ already is by itself. It has plenty of clean output power to drive nearly any portable headphone likely to be used with a player like this. The unusually low output impedance means its performance is relatively unaffected by the headphones used. Unless you plan to use some oddball seriously inefficient headphones with an impedance higher than 64 ohms, or like uber-loud levels and long term hearing damage, you'll likely not get any significant benefit from using an amp and may end up less happy. An amp also defeats having such a small and light portable player.

I think my e80 is defective. There is no amount of bass in it.
Even es18 I've, produce more base than these.
Now I need to return it, wish I've bought these from Amazon, return would've been easier.

I think my e80 is defective. There is no amount of bass in it.
Even es18 I've, produce more base than these.
Now I need to return it, wish I've bought these from Amazon, return would've been easier.
Perhaps its defective, but better you go for something else, the E80 are neutral and bass is not that good, a new unit might not suit you.

It's not just bass.. I'm not a bass head.
The overall sound quality was not good. It must have been from a bad batch or something.
Now can't risk going for it again.
Maybe vsd3s.

Edit.........
Comply tips were awesome.. Now need to buy these with the earphones, can't go back to normal ones.

Last edited:
Back