FS: Others Rare Classic Word Processor for Distraction-free Writing (Alphasmart Neo2)

salian

Disciple
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Mumbai
Item Condition
4 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Cash
  2. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
May 19, 2018
Shipping Charges
Excluded - at actuals
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Planning to upgrade to an Astrohaus Freewrite.
ALPHASMART NEO 2

The pinnacle of affordable, distraction-free writing tools. Vintage, retro, and ready to help you pen your next novel.

Desc: https://www.inputmag.com/reviews/th...ction-free-writing-tool-you-can-buy-right-now

Intro Video:

The Neo 2 is essentially a no-frills no-distraction electronic typewriter, very popular among writers and authors.

Working on the Neo 2 is a masterclass in simplicity. After loading it up with three AA batteries, all you have to do is open one of the device’s eight files and get typing. Each of those files holds up to 10,000 words, which means you could essentially write a full-length novel without ever clearing out its memory.

The Neo 2 is not a modern device. There’s no way to connect it to the internet; it’s not rechargeable. It has stable and word processing functionality without the distractions of a computer. Built for school environments, this is a sturdy device.

It uses 3 AAA batteries which work for years.

Alphasmart Neo 2

I purchased this used from Amazon US, delivered to South America. It has helped me write many articles over the years and is in great working condition with minor cosmetic scratches.

20220727_160044.jpg

20220727_160123.jpg

It connects via USB and presents itself as a regular USB keyboard.

You open up a text file/word document on the connected computer, and initiate a transfer from the alphasmart neo2.

This sends the text as a stream of typed characters over USB into the open text/word document.

(You can also use it as an external keyboard.)

Edit: IIRC there is also some infrared functionality for school classrooms, intended to submit tests. But this probably requires some receiver hardware.
Everyone just uses the USB functionality I mentioned above.

Back