Raspberry Pi - Discussion Thread

next, i'll try automating water supply at my home. Pi is little costlier for this setup but i am more comfortable in fiddling with software than coming up with a totally sensor based hardware solution.
We had something like this a while back and then one fine day we found out the pump was running constantly and panicked about how to switch it off.

The sensor indicating the tank was full died, so the pump thought the tank was not yet full and ran non-stop. We have gone back to the manual way of doing things as the upstairs tank where the sensors are located isn't readily accessible.

We have gone back to the manual

i have some failover scenarios in my mind... sensors will fail eventually and that's why i want to use some programming instead of purely hardware based solution. i was thinking of using Arduino so far but Pi has opened up more possibilities.

My Ext 500GB hdd is not properly supprted by Pi ( showing only in dmesg)
so currently using Pensdrive 32 GB

Any1 have good guide to configure pyLoad and web server (alrdy configured torrent)

Web Server

Nginx
=====

mkdir /var/www

apt-get install nginx php5-fpm -y

apt-get install nginx php5-fpm sqlite3 php5-sqlite -y(I need Sqlite)

service php5-fpm stop

Move files from default location to var/www/
cp /usr/share/nginx/www/50x.html /var/www

Setting permissions so that everything works, might not be the best from Security perspective
chgrp -R www-data /var/www
chown -R www-data /var/www
chmod -R 755 /var/www

Reflect the changes made to the location in the configuration files
nano /etc/nginx/sites-available/default
nano /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini

service php5-fpm start
service nginx start

Back