Raspberry Pi

WTF $20 customs for a product worth $25 . Don't accept the package send it back and initiate a fight with DHL OR take it if your hands are itchin.

Well, the customs assessable value comes to around 2.5k, and the duty @27% comes to Rs 675 or so and the DHL charges an handling fee of Rs 300 + tax :p
You can't really argue! :(

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

element14 has started delivering the pi in India. I had ordered one for my brother who got it today but i am yet to get it :mad: :mad: :mad:.

Oh! :p You'll get yours too in a day or two. I shouldn't have canceled my order from element14 :(, would have paid Rs 750 less! :(

Seems like my package has arrived as well. Got a call from courier. :D

EDIT: They are using professional couriers for shipping. The worst ever. Hope I get it in good shape.

Called element14 today. It seems the first batch of Pis have arrived and they are shipping them right now. Unfortunately I will be receiving mine once the second batch arrives by July or August end :(

Hi all,
How to register in element14. it is asking for Sales Tax Registration Number . Is there a way to register individuals. Please let me know. i checked the kitsnspares site, the expected delivery is August first week.

Thanks,
Mani

^ You have to order from Kitsnspares itself. You'll be lucky if you get it by August if you order now. People who ordered in the first week of the launch haven't got it yet! :p

Back